Manhattan Update 3.4 thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
New thread for version 3.4 specific issues. Apparently 3.4 is a tiny bug fix, because of a wrongful re-booting issue. According to Stone1150, "rebooting issue from hittong the zoom, or res button is fixed." I haven't noticed any difference from 3.3, which is probably a good thing. It still works.
:)

Last edited:
Thats good news. I had the re-booting issue a few times, till I changed some settings that must have hid it. Glad it won't come back.

Stone1150,
For current owners and the many still interested in the Manhattan, is there any way to post some sort of release notes for each firmware, ie detailing specific fixes/changes and any known outstanding issues? Even if its just a cleanup of code end users still appreciate this information which can also prevent spread of false information as to which firmware is preferable.
TIA

Normally jeff sends me the release notes, but on the last update he just sent me the software and not the release notes.

Thanks Scott. Its good to hear that they had included notes with prior updates, hopefully that will be the case going forward. Most users should want to know what was addressed in a firmare update to determine if an "upgrade" is appropriate.

The 3.4 update was to address the rebooting issue when the RES button was pressed. That was the only fix that was made on the 3.4 release. A new list is being compiled for other fixes or improvements. Have a great day!

A file was released to fix one minor issue? That is good I guess but it would have been better if the switch issue on the 1.2 motor was fixed. GregH

Greg, if you will, please describe the switch issue. We need to understand it, to have Jeff fix it. I know that basically 22khz works with Diseqc 1.2, because I used it. But there may be other ways of doing this that SHOULD work, but DON'T work :)

I can describe it but it would be better if you see the problem yourself. How do you have the 22KHz switch set in your diseqc 1.2 motor system?

I can describe it but it would be better if you see the problem yourself.

If you dont tell us how are we suppose to try and duplicate it? That would be like having the recording issue on one feed that I posted in the other thread but wouldnt say what it was (I posted the channel info and transponder info for folks to duplicate it)

How do you have the 22KHz switch set in your diseqc 1.2 motor system?
After you select motorized in the main menu go into antenna setup, scroll down to motor (where you can set the Diseqc 1.2 settings and move the motor) and there is an option for 22k along with Diseqc 1.0 & 1.1 there

I can describe it but it would be better if you see the problem yourself. How do you have the 22KHz switch set in your diseqc 1.2 motor system?
I'm using a Uni lnbf, so the switch in in the lnbf. Usually I use USALS mode, but I set up a number of birds using Diseqc 1.2 mode, saving their positions in the motor. With 22khz ON for the lnbf, the motor tracked just fine.
:) What's your setup ?

There could of been other fixes with the latest release, but the reboot issue was all I was told about. It is possible that the version 3.4 could have the switch issue fixed, but I don't know. The issue of the 22khz not switching correctly when set to diseq 1.2 has been reported. I saw that posted at another site and e-mailed the details to Jeff. Have a great day!

I just loaded the version 3.4 - the maximum audio to write to memory on audio-only signals hasn't changed (it's still 20 audio if it's one program with many audio and 60 audio channels if it's one audio channel per program).

I discovered by accident the media playing capability of the receiver. I knew it was able to show JPG images but I didn't realize it can now handle MP3 audio, MPG video and MP4 video. I don't know if that's new to this version or if it's been around and I've never noticed the MP3, MPG and MP4 capability before.

I'm using a Uni lnbf, so the switch in in the lnbf. Usually I use USALS mode, but I set up a number of birds using Diseqc 1.2 mode, saving their positions in the motor. With 22khz ON for the lnbf, the motor tracked just fine.
:) What's your setup ?
There is nothing wrong with tracking. The dish moves ok.
You will never see the problem using the uni lnb because 22KHz is always on.
This problem exisits using 1.2 commands.
Connect a 22 KHz switch to two lnbs. Scan a few satellites that use 22KHZ off. Then scan a few satellites that use 22KHz on. Try to watch some tv channels and change between satellites that use 22KHz and some that use 22KHz off. The Manhattan loses tv signal when you change form a satellite that uses 22KHz ON to one that uses 22KHz OFF. The dish moves to the correct orbit location but you lose signal. You can get the signal back by going into the antenna setup and then exiting back out. It acts like something is sticking. This problem is easy to see. GregH

What ya trying to do friend? Save a channel list?

Go to the USB area of the menus, Go to "Dump to USB". In the "dump mode" at the top, scroll with the arrow keys to "userDB". Then go down to "start" and say OK. You will get a "download finnished" message when done. Now you can flash the receiver with the file you want and then reload the user DB that you saved with your channels and sat info. Have a great day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.