Mike White, Undercover Boss

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did anybody else notice the Dish Network sat at the customers home where Mike slowed the install? I wonder why they switched to Directv.
TV shows will blur out every company logo that happens to appear in a shot yet they leave a competitor's logo ? I'm sure DirecTV (and Dish) would like their customers to think that only one satellite provider exists, themselves !! A lot of customers think they get TV from "the dish" after all !! :D

Help me out, guys... What does this have to do with Undercover Boss ? :confused:

It was a question about the Waiver process. Pretty much you have to call ISS to get a waiver.
It was actually a more civil discussion about it over at DBStalk but Super CSR muddled the water by calling out installers as lazy.

It was a question about the Waiver process. Pretty much you have to call ISS to get a waiver.
It was actually a more civil discussion about it over at DBStalk but Super CSR muddled the water by calling out installers as lazy.

Ace no longer handles ISS calls any more. Also I like to point out I said a small amount of bad installers give the good installers bad names so please dont generalize.

When field techs want to fight with my agents about waivers that they can no longer issue, yes I take that personal .

If directv needs to increase ISS staff fine but call the right number.

Even COPS is heavily edited. They shoot for days and then cut the "action" together to appear it's all happening on the same shift. As any officer will tell you, it's not all car chases and running after bad guys. Most of the time it's just pretty mundane calls that would bore the viewer.

I didn't say they were unedited or comprised of many days that are condensed; just that what you see is REALLY happening.

I didn't say they were unedited or comprised of many days that are condensed; just that what you see is REALLY happening.

You're right. I didn't mean what you see wasn't real, just the producers manipulated what they shot in order to make a more exciting show.

Uh?
markfp-1 & Stoneman..................remember we are discussing the world of Directv installations.
Exciting should not be part of any installation. And Stoneman...you of all people should know better than to suggest a metaphor like sugar coat covers all features when you are capable of saying the show was a a crock of sh*t.
Sugar coating is for the edited scene where the baby is floating down the frozen river on an ice flow. The Directv guy does try to flip his new blue shirt for the baby to catch. The baby misses the catch. The installer calls a CSR for a waiver on the save-the-baby shirt flip.
Then...... Mike consoles the baby....... and the installer gets a charge back after the shot.
Got it?

Joe

You mean the sub is just out of luck ?
Glad they don't do that in my business, when the rain and snow is coming is when my subs have the most need for the service, if I told our subs that we can't fix your service till the weather gets better, we would be out of customers to worry about.

I WANT my D* service installed weather or not, this way when the rain is coming down, I know how far it is till I will lose service.

Then again, were in two different industries, so I'm not comparing apples to apples, but I would be highly pissed if I took the day off work and was told that they would not do my install due to possible bad weather coming.
Lightning I can understand, rain is an everyday obstacle.

Jimbo & folks,

There are subs = subscribers; the person who pays for service and expects service because of the money paid

And there are subs = subcontractors; the technically proficient person who installs systems who discovers with his first pay stub that he has no clue who he is dealing with.

FED, STATE, FICA he may have met.

SEE LINE SCHEDULE FOR CHARGE BACK CODE is a new world to him.

Poor sub!

Joe

Jimbo & folks,

There are subs = subscribers; the person who pays for service and expects service because of the money paid

And there are subs = subcontractors; the technically proficient person who installs systems who discovers with his first pay stub that he has no clue who he is dealing with.

FED, STATE, FICA he may have met.

SEE LINE SCHEDULE FOR CHARGE BACK CODE is a new world to him.

Poor sub!

Joe

Good point, when I say Sub, I refer to the customer, but I suppose thats not the case everywhere.

I watched Undercover Boss weekly. The last three episodes I have played closer attention too because my company sells to the Hospitality industry and having Directv.

As for the episode I watched most of what happened first hand in my install. Primarily the long hold to get a system up. The Installer held for 25 minutes and then took another 20 and bouncing to a higher level tech because of programming and access card issues.

Hopefully many of the issues discovered are fixed. The lack of inventory is a Big Big issue in my eyes.

When I was installed, the guy didn't have to phone anyone. He had a Windows CE like Symbol phone or something with a program on it. He used a stylus and selected some options and it activated everything over the internet.

In my previous residence, I had Comcast, and they did the same thing. Their phones also had a laser barcode scanner. They'd scan the labels on the equipment, select some options and over the internet it was all activated.

I guess not everyone has access to these latest tools?

When I was installed, the guy didn't have to phone anyone. He had a Windows CE like Symbol phone or something with a program on it. He used a stylus and selected some options and it activated everything over the internet.

In my previous residence, I had Comcast, and they did the same thing. Their phones also had a laser barcode scanner. They'd scan the labels on the equipment, select some options and over the internet it was all activated.

I guess not everyone has access to these latest tools?

My DVR upgrade in Jan 2010 was like this as well. Scanned the bar codes and did everything with his handheld.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts