MORE NEWS: Another Board CVC Meeting set for 1/31/05? Nothing Reported yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
phatbastard said:
Voom really needs to stay alive, I am getting tired of this corporate BS where the little guy always gets bought out. If it wasnt for the word monopoly we would have one satellite service right now. There is always only going to be 2 big companies on what ever the service is because of monopolies and the 3rd business will always be bought out. Its a damn shame.

Ummmm...right. I guess that's why there are only 2 car companies, only 2 film makers, only 2 consumer electronics companies, only 2 fast food chains, only 2 tv networks...

Whoooops....wait a minute...come to think of it, there are a pant-load more than 2 of ALL of those things... :)

Lob

kelljc said:
::
I got a " F " in English but a A+ in Business, I hire people to spell for me : don't worry about the English Worry about VOOM: quote from Voom:We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support :: That's all you have to know:

You sound like this moron I worked with, the moron no longer works with our company.

phatbastard said:
Well just think of all the voom subscribers that have no clue what is going on behind the scenes right now and are just happily enjoying their voom programming, if it just goes dark with no word of warning for all these customers, the sh*t is really going to hit the fan!!!!

Even if they do decide to cut funding for all programming tomorrow, they will still provide service until the sale is complete, they will just replay the same things over and over on their original channels

Sean Mota said:
Given the history of these CVC Board meetings, there seems to be one set for Monday, January 31, 2005 according to this source. This could be the final breath that will disconnect VOOM for good. Interested that it will occur a day before the expected 2/1/05 (according to Wall Street Journal) no more money to fund VOOM.

Sean, which part of CVC's earlier statement that service would continue during a transitionary phase was not clear?

Has the FCC cleared the sale? Until that happens and for some length of period beyond, we are still in the transitionary phase.

Voom still exists. Voom is more than a satellite and uplink facility. Even after the FCC approves the satellite sale, there are other assets to deal with. Maybe Dolan Sr. walks into the supposed BOD meeting tomorrow with a card up his sleeve.

There are endless possibilities for how this can play out yet.

davis_mcgreaw said:
Even if they do decide to cut funding for all programming tomorrow, they will still provide service until the sale is complete, they will just replay the same things over and over on their original channels

That would certainly encourage me to look for another service or option, but so far have seen new programming...and yes...a sh*t load of repeats as usual.

What time is board meeting

Does anyone know what time the meeting is . Where it will be held, When will we know the results, Please i can't wait to find out. I hope it i the happiest day of my life if voom continues, and the saddest day if it folds.

May voom live on.

The thank you letters should be sent to Mr. Dolan before the board meeting if possible. At least he might feel a little better when the sharks starts gnawing on him.

phatbastard said:
Voom really needs to stay alive, I am getting tired of this corporate BS where the little guy always gets bought out. If it wasnt for the word monopoly we would have one satellite service right now. There is always only going to be 2 big companies on what ever the service is because of monopolies and the 3rd business will always be bought out. Its a damn shame.

Sadly since D* has much competition from E* and cable companies, and they all offer HD to some degree, there is no way FTC can interfere.

smasuch said:
The thank you letters should be sent to Mr. Dolan before the board meeting if possible. At least he might feel a little better when the sharks starts gnawing on him.
All letters, except for a few most recent ones, have been already passed to Mr. Dolan and his assistant last week.

calikarim said:
Does anyone know what time the meeting is . Where it will be held, When will we know the results, Please i can't wait to find out. I hope it i the happiest day of my life if voom continues, and the saddest day if it folds.

May voom live on.

The last meeeting when the decided to sell Voom wasin the afternoon and the press releases were send out starting around 6pm eastern time....so depending on the length of the meeting it there should be news tonight

For a company about to "shut down"...they sure keep up their advertising investments.
The Voom infomercial aired on NBC Saturday morning...Brandsmart promotion still effective and renovating the Sat Guys contract through February, to me these are all good signs...!!!
The first thing a company in the "red" normally does is pull their advertising...IMO it's the wrong approach because if you want new customers, you keep the ad message in front of them... but I've seen many cut their ad budgets in the face of keeping their overhead low.

In Voom's case, they are still advertising thus it's a good sign...!!!
(Fingers crossed though...)

truqui said:
The first thing a company in the "red" normally does is pull their advertising...IMO it's the wrong approach because if you want new customers, you keep the ad message in front of them... but I've seen many cut their ad budgets in the face of keeping their overhead low.

In Voom's case, they are still advertising thus it's a good sign...!!!
(Fingers crossed though...)

You are so right. I have been in advertising for 30 years and even companies that don't have a financial problem cut advertising first as soon as their is a hint of a slow down or recession. always happens.

gutter said:
You are so right. I have been in advertising for 30 years and even companies that don't have a financial problem cut advertising first as soon as their is a hint of a slow down or recession. always happens.

That's the most comforting news I've heard in weeks. But it's not like anything about this deal has been normal. Voom went from all engines go, new channels, new DVR in a couple months to selling their satellite all in a matter of weeks.
Who knows what this meeting will hold. I'd give my left pinky toe to have a microphone in that boardroom and be able to hear what is going on. I can't even get any work done. I'm checking this post every 5 minutes hoping to see something new. :eek:

dnyce said:
I'm checking this post every 5 minutes hoping to see something new. :eek:

Your telling me!!! I am also. I also remember that STARZHD ch 616 is still in the clear for almost 2 weeks. I hope this isn't a last present from Mr. Dolan.

so many viewers on this site today over 360 right now..i just hope it's not like in "born to run"suicide watch,we got to get out while were young" etc etc

i thought people were waiting for news on the micheal jackson trial.. im so confused... :)

Do we actually have confirmation that the board is meeting at this hour or has met? Has Cablevisions Press Dept. been told to stand by for NEWS? Opps Paul Harvey I am not.

gutter said:
Do we actually have confirmation that the board is meeting at this hour or has met? Has Cablevisions Press Dept. been told to stand by for NEWS? Opps Paul Harvey I am not.

Sure wish you were... ;) I'll go cover the other side of the room and keep looking...I know he's got to be here someplace!

Ouch, fella! That was my foot you were walking on....OH!! Paul, Paul, over here!!! :love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)