MTV hits

Nitehawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
California
Dose anyone know if E* will ever carry MTV hits? Comcast has had it almost since the beginning. With there digital line up. It would be nice if E* would carry it.

I surely hope they never carry it !! They dont seem to have bandwidth for "compelling hd" such as the superbowl..I would hope they dont waste valuble resources on trash like MTV

Yeah, MTV needs to focus their purpose of the channel they have. It's crazy that they keep creating other channels that actually play music when that's what MTV's job should be

I agree with you on that. I remember back in the 80's when MTV was 24/7 music videos now it's all reality crap. I just miss watching music videos. Sometimes I want to watch the newer videos and the only other place to do that is Fuse. At least we have VH1 Classic. Yet another MTV owned channel but it's more like it used to be years ago.

Nitehawk said:
I agree with you on that. I remember back in the 80's when MTV was 24/7 music videos now it's all reality crap. I just miss watching music videos. Sometimes I want to watch the newer videos and the only other place to do that is Fuse. At least we have VH1 Classic. Yet another MTV owned channel but it's more like it used to be years ago.
I guess you havent watched that channel lately"vh1classic" they have stopped playing videos and now are playing classic mtv reality shows!!! what a shame :no :no

I used to really want the MTV and VH-1 suite of channels that they have to offer which includes the MTV Hits channel until I found out what the channel was like and now I dont care to have the channel. It repeats the same music over and over during the night and then the next night the same songs in the same order just like the night before. You get tired of the songs pretty fast that way. The channels are a waste.

How weird... they say fifty thousand Elvis fans can't be wrong...<!> As much as people like U and me remember and yearn for the heyday of 80's MTV...we are a dying breed. The numbers are staggering, yes there are that many people that celebrate the way MTV does bizness, and will from now on. This generation wants to LIVE with the "star", even when they take a dump or watch them eat tuna or watch a washed up rocker babble incoherently.
MTV's THE REAL WORLD, was the original reality-tv. Argue that, if u can.

I agree that the only "only videos" channels have a very specific repetitious playlist - probably doctored by SOUNDSCAN - and yes if U think that way, U will quickly realize the pattern. it's just business... baby...

I am just coming on to Dish from Comcast and I think the stations I will miss the most by far are MTVHits, MTVSoul, and VH1 Soul. If Dish carried at least one of those or VH1 MegaHits that would be great. It would be nice to have a 24/7 music vid station still especially since I won't be able to access music videos via "ONDemand" anymore either...

I would like to have MTV Hits back. I had it on Voom, and it was a pretty cool channel. It was like MTV was originally, just music videos, and lots of music videos from the 80s. It was one of the few SD channels that I watched sometimes. Of course, I preferred to watch a music video in HD on RAVE-HD, but they don't have a lot of videos available.

I read about it on the channels website, seems like a neat idea. My dish system isn't currently installed yet though, the 942 is on order. I will let ya know whatI think when I do get a chance to watch it though. :)

birddoggy said:
Fuse is awesome!!

I'll agree with you there - I was actually paying somethin like $4.99 a month extra for the "Digital Extra" package from Comcast just for Fuse (I also got like 18 extra other stations but FUSE was all I watched out of them pretty much) so its nice that its included with Dish. I would Definetally pay extra for the MTV Suite though also

I totally want these channels: MTVHits, MTVSoul, and VH1 Soul, VH1 Jams. Guys, whoever wants it needs to write to dish to request these channels!!! :) I wrote and asked for them and they just gave the usual nonsense they do. They certainly have enough bandwidth to carry these.. move some of the uselesss content off 119 and put it on 110 and put mainstream stuff like this on 119.. How hard is that for em ;) ? heh Can someone else please request these channels from them too and maybe post your responses?

Bountykiller said:
I totally want these channels: MTVHits, MTVSoul, and VH1 Soul, VH1 Jams. Guys, whoever wants it needs to write to dish to request these channels!!! :) I wrote and asked for them and they just gave the usual nonsense they do.
why cant they carry music on MTV, MTV2 and VH1??? Why do we need more crap like this
They certainly have enough bandwidth to carry these..
huh? Where
move some of the uselesss content off 119 and put it on 110 and put mainstream stuff like this on 119..
well, considering most stuff on AT60 & 120 is on 119 because there are people who still have just one dish aimed at 119 and Alaska who really cant get 110. Some stuff is on 110 (the shopping channels and such). There really isnt much room on 119 left
How hard is that for em ;) ? heh Can someone else please request these channels from them too and maybe post your responses?
again...why do we need these?? Lets see how we can piss of people...have music on MTV and then move it to MTV2..you want MTV2? Call and ask
Now they move it to these new channels...want them? Call and ask for them

Sorry....After the whole Dish/Viacom dispute they probably wont be adding any Viacom stuff soon....

Thats the funny thing about these types of posts...no matter what channel folks want, there are always arguments against. It is easy to find at least one argument against nearly every channel that Dish carries now, or any channel they could possibly add in the future.

DWS44 said:
Thats the funny thing about these types of posts...no matter what channel folks want, there are always arguments against. It is easy to find at least one argument against nearly every channel that Dish carries now, or any channel they could possibly add in the future.

exactly :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)