My New Dish Farm

Well, i added my last large Cband dish to my farm. It is a 9' paneled Laux Beta 9' solid dish. I now have a 8 foot, 9 foot, 10 foot and 12 foot Cband dishes. This is the first dish i attached a lock bar instead of a motor on it. I hope this will make it a very sturdy lock.

I received this dish for free from Chewie, a member here. My father picked it up in Riverside Country, California, and he drove it 2300 miles to my destination in June of 2018. I just couldn't decide on where to put it, hence why the project never got done last summer. This summer, i finally made a decision and got to work on it. I still need to bury the cable and bring it into the house properly. I want to thank Chewie who offered this dish and a 1.2 KU that i DID setup last summer.

I am DONE with Cband dishes, although, i still might put up 1 or 2 more KU dishes.

P1040277.JPG

P1040280.JPG

Well, today just in time before the rain started, i trenched a 70 foot hole and laid 1" pipe and put the two cables through it and drilled a hole into the house, and ran the cables into the basement and tied into the system. 3 days to finish.

Day #1 : Put pipe up and assembled dish. (rough signal)
Day #2 : Ran cables across ground for both vertical/horizontal and peaked/fine tuned dish to perfection.
Day #3 : Trenched/Piped cable into house and finalized wiring.

Its now raining, and i still have signal locks on all transponders. Very very happy.

Very nice setup. My wife would kill me if I had all of those. I personally prefer a motor and not getting my life or wedding vowels threatened as well as child support!

Lol

Apparently, they are something some guys use as an excuse to not install the satellite system they want, and they blame the wife for it... When they really have no real clue that she'd probably enjoy having one installed, so she could use it also.
True enough. The dish on the right is her system. The one on the left and others that come and go are mine. ;)
AcuRite5 026.JPG

I've added to my system again. I shuffled stuff around. I relocated 125w from a 36" to a 39" to get Montana PBS more reliably. I also relocated 110/111 to a 36" and relocated the 48" to 91w. With this setup, i did loose 107w, but did gain 91w. I have future plans to get that back.

For this modification, i added a new 39" dish to the mix. Its the SatMaximum dish. Being there are only vertical signals on this bird, i only need a single output LNBF to feed it to all the TV's in the house.

I currently have 5 4x4 multi-switches which enable me to watch anything on any of the satellites to any of my 4 house satellite receivers. They are all switched via 8 port diseqc switches with the exception of my living room which i have a 16 port diseqc switch. This allows me to feed some extra birds such as 91w circular 110w and 111w to just my living room, as those signals i would never want to feed to the whole house as they are special signals only my living room setup is able to handle.

8 antennas now on this Storage container. Pretty happy with that. 30w is hard to see as its on the side, and looks like its point into the ground. People are always surprised as when they see it, they think that the wind blew it over and needs to be fixed..
Dish Farm.jpg

I've added to my system again. I shuffled stuff around. I relocated 125w from a 36" to a 39" to get Montana PBS more reliably. I also relocated 110/111 to a 36" and relocated the 48" to 91w. With this setup, i did loose 107w, but did gain 91w. I have future plans to get that back.

For this modification, i added a new 39" dish to the mix. Its the SatMaximum dish. Being there are only vertical signals on this bird, i only need a single output LNBF to feed it to all the TV's in the house.

I currently have 5 4x4 multi-switches which enable me to watch anything on any of the satellites to any of my 4 house satellite receivers. They are all switched via 8 port diseqc switches with the exception of my living room which i have a 16 port diseqc switch. This allows me to feed some extra birds such as 91w circular 110w and 111w to just my living room, as those signals i would never want to feed to the whole house as they are special signals only my living room setup is able to handle.

8 antennas now on this Storage container. Pretty happy with that. 30w is hard to see as its on the side, and looks like its point into the ground. People are always surprised as when they see it, they think that the wind blew it over and needs to be fixed..
View attachment 141301

Is your 125 dish mounted to the roof with the shingles? I tried mounting a dish for 125 on my roof and the wind blew it out of whack. I think I need support arms, but don't want to drill more holes in the roof.

Is your 125 dish mounted to the roof with the shingles? I tried mounting a dish for 125 on my roof and the wind blew it out of whack. I think I need support arms, but don't want to drill more holes in the roof.

Its beyond the roof. There is a 2x8 board that runs the length of the roof. The mount is attached to that. I also welded a rod for extra support :

P1040323.JPG

Reactions: comfortably_numb