My New Dish Farm

That's actually good cable management. Especially compared to the current trainwreck going on with my satellite server in my basement at the moment:

4GGl1X6a_t.jpg

Here's a peek behind my TV :biggrin

EC0AAEEC-A619-4C7B-8179-A18A2EF8AE97.jpeg
7BDAA26F-2E18-4DBA-A8B9-72DC5D1D29CF.jpeg

Reactions: Keith Brannen
o well its always a hit or miss anyways. what do you get for western networks and what bird are those on? my grandma also wants to watch those and she just drop her di*h

I obtained another 39" dish and pulled my old STABS HH120 out of the loft and i hooked it up. Most of KU is covered by fixed dishes, but this will allow me to check birds not covered. For example when the new signals popped up on 91w, i was unable to immediately check them out. I set this one up on another storage container. The same container that has the latest Cband dish on it. I have complete ARC coverage from 30-125w

I still need to fine tune the USALS. I loose signal strength on the far ends, but its just too darn cold to fine tune. I hooked this thing up 2 days ago and the temperature never got above freezing. :snow I did it in record time. I had the J bar up and welded and a signal lock within about 15 minutes. I pulled out my old Amiko HDSE to quickly handle the USALS. I didn't want to attempt setting up the USALS with my dreambox. I finally got the USALS properly working on the DreamBox and am blind scanning all the birds i don't have fixed coverage. I'm having to create satellite positions that are a tenth of a degree off because dreambox settings don't seem to allow for manually entering what the USALS satellite position is, and defaults it to the main satellite position. The problem there lies in the fact that those positions are already take from my Cband setup. Seems to not be causing any issues.

I'll take pictures once i get back out there, and sort out the wires. I ordered a Universal LNBF that i bought specifically for this Dish. So, I'm gonna wait until that arrives before I climb back up there. This should get me some of those eastern birds that i have never gotten before being i never had a Universal LNBF before.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Not USALS is slow, the HH120 is slooooooowwwww.

That's because it should be able to turn heavy 120cm dishes, on the (limited) power of a receiver (usually less than 500 mA).

Edit: Do I understand right, that the Dreambox doesn't allow the same satellite longitude position for different LNBs; even when the 'satellite name' is different, and different diseqc 1.0 commands are defined?

Greetz,
A33

Okay, here are some pictures from the latest USALS 39" KU Dish i put up a few weeks ago. I was gonna wait until i got the Universal LNBF to take pictures, but the weather isn't great, and i better get those pictures before the snow really starts building.

View attachment 141605

OK, I'm a sub-newbie, but if that's an equatorial mount it doesn't look right at all. What am I missing?
It looks like the motor is mounted correctly, but the part where the 'rotated shaft' comes out of the motor should be straight, shouldn't it?

Not seen HH-motors till now?
Where the shaft comes out of the motor, it is in fact straight. The bend is after that.
So the rotation axis is still at the proper angle.
The shaft bend gives a declination angle due south; that is practical for offset dishes that cannot be set at a minus elevation angle (as the declination offset angle is a minus elevation angle).

The dish's elevation scale should be set at: bend angle minus declination offset angle.

greetz,
A33