My New Dish Farm

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Following your lead, today I installed an offset circular LNB on my motorized dish. I have now scanned in 537 TV and 173 radio channels from 31 transponders on 91W Nimiq 6. Likely they are all scrambled but I will go through them now to check. I used 95W to get the dish pointed then used the 4 degree offset to position the circular LNB as you described. Now I will go looking for circular transponders.
When i did my last scan, there is only 1 channel that is ITC with a regular STB. The preview channel. There are a few audio only channels ITC with a Turbo8psk.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Well, thanks to some very helpful people on another forum, and a generous user, I am now able to lock and view FTA DirectTV signals. DirectTV signals won't even lock on most Tuners. Then, there are other tuners where you can lock the signal, but you cannot get any DATA from the Tuner. Then there is a combination of software you must use. In another words, there is nothing about this process that is Easy Peezey.

But, once you get it all working properly, then its pretty smooth to check all the transponders and SIDS.

1591372436848.png

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Missouri/Kansas
Well, thanks to some very helpful people on another forum, and a generous user, I am now able to lock and view FTA DirectTV signals. DirectTV signals won't even lock on most Tuners. Then, there are other tuners where you can lock the signal, but you cannot get any DATA from the Tuner. Then there is a combination of software you must use. In another words, there is nothing about this process that is Easy Peezey.

But, once you get it all working properly, then its pretty smooth to check all the transponders and SIDS.

View attachment 145583
What's available FTA on Directv's sats currently?

Reactions: FTA4PA

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I bought two more 99cm KU satellites.

I am going to set up one fixed at 34.5w
The other I'm not sure yet. I bought 2 because it was a savings with shipping multi discount.

I might also add i salvaged a DirecTV dish with LNBF and all. Maybe someone can chime in, how can i verify whether its for the KU signals or the KA signals or are they always for both??? - I thought it would be perfect to fix it at 101w so i can pick up the FTA/ITC direcTV channels.

Mr_Dc2tracker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 1, 2018
southern calif .
I bought two more 99cm KU satellites.

I am going to set up one fixed at 34.5w
The other I'm not sure yet. I bought 2 because it was a savings with shipping multi discount.

I might also add i salvaged a DirecTV dish with LNBF and all. Maybe someone can chime in, how can i verify whether its for the KU signals or the KA signals or are they always for both??? - I thought it would be perfect to fix it at 101w so i can pick up the FTA/ITC direcTV channels.
What is the numbers on your direct TV LNB? That will say it all! All's good iboston.... Well done my friend....

Reactions: iBoston

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts