NBA All Star Weekend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jabroni

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 25, 2003
Do the VOOM'ers feel a little bit snubbed for being left out of this weekend's festivities? Both Direct and Echostar are carrying the special events as well as the game this weekend and I was somewhat surprised to see VOOM left out.

I still do not have VOOM because I am in the process of building a house, but as a Direct sub, I have been disappointed that I cannot see any NBA games from NBA TV. My guess is that the NBA is wanting to charge extra this year for their HD offerings.

Are you sure it is going to be both in D* and E*. I read rumors at AVS regarding D* and have not checked that thread for a while. For E* I have heard nothing so far. Can you post where is this information for both providers? Thanks.

Thanks Sparkman. Well, I get to see it in E* but for those with V* only, it will not be good. This is why V* should have added INHD I & II already. I hope they still can do it. V* has until tomorrow night.

Well, here's VOOM response. Negative to show these two events.

Thank you for visiting our website, Mr. Rudnitsky - VOOM is committed to bringing the latest and best in high definition. These other providers have gained the rights to view these events many months ago, as we are still in negotiations to update our initial channel lineup. This means that we will not be airing these events. If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-438-8666, or visit the website at www.voom.com.
Thank you,
Stephen P. Murphy
VOOM Customer Support

Original Email:
DirecTv and Dish Network and Cable Companies will be showing the NBA Saturday Night All Star and The NBA All Star Game on Sunday. All in High Definition. Does VOOM have any plans to show these two events. Most cable companies are getting the feed from INHD and DirecTv and Dish Network have negotiated to get them as well. Being a HD product, I would assume VOOM would carry these events. Is this correct?

That's a bummer. They are sure missing a lot of fun NBA stuff this weekend. Next year I am sure they will have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)