New Audio problem with 3.63 on 622 when will it be fixed?

Anyone had any luck getting a credit of some sort for having to deal with this problem? While having the TV on yesterday for 10 hours, we had to reboot it 17 times! This is utterly ridiculious. I called today to see if I could get some type of a credit as its screwing up my DVR also. All I got was the "sorry for the inconveniece". What a bunch of crap! SO glad I paid $200 to upgrade to this box...should have kept my 942

yes tech support gave me $10 for two months credit. I think we should get a full free month credit.

We're probably also slowly destroying the receiver by powering on/off so many times.

Everyone... call Dish now and complain!

scott78945 said:
Anyone had any luck getting a credit of some sort for having to deal with this problem? While having the TV on yesterday for 10 hours, we had to reboot it 17 times! This is utterly ridiculious. I called today to see if I could get some type of a credit as its screwing up my DVR also. All I got was the "sorry for the inconveniece". What a bunch of crap! SO glad I paid $200 to upgrade to this box...should have kept my 942

They offered me a free month of premium movie channels or a $10 credit. I took the credit... what am I gonna do, watch a bunch of movies I don't really care to see with no sound?

I just called Dish and they said they applied 1 month credit. I'll believe it when I see it.

I think they are starting to realize the severity of the problem.

I am finding that when I am watching the DVR it is freezing up and losing the sound. WTF!! I am calling again to get something from them.

I've been casually following this thread and also watching TV.... We've watched a number of recorded shows with no issues at all (just jinxed myself, probably).

Is this only occurring on DD audio, via HDMI, optical, or coaxial ?? If so, that's why I'm not seeing it. We watch the majority of TV through the TV's speaker, connected via composite.

I am connected via optical to a Yamaha receiver. I think people with HDMI are having the same problem.

That's interesting news re the RCA connection - I think I will try that as a temp fix hopefully.

Is your software version 363?

I am running mine through HDMI for picture and component for sound. I called back and I got a DVR fee refund. I am trying to watch Gray's Anatomy and I cannot even make it through half the show. It got stuck twice. I'll just watch it later as it isn't worth it. I guess $6 is better than none. The Dish CSR told me to try and use component for everything and I might find it to not happen as often. I don't think it will work but who knows.

Hmmm ....

Dish has annoyed me on several occasions in the past, and ripped me off (and lied to me) for $99 last November.

Should I call to get my credit even though I am not experiencing any audio problems?

I'm up to over 20 hours of usage since getting 3.63 and have not yet had a single audio dropout.

I changed from using HDMI and went to full component cables and, knock on wood, have not had any problems any longer. Now, who's going to tell me when they fix the HDMI problem...

OK, scrap that as it just went out...

Last edited:
Okay I will tell everyone again and see if this helps anyone. I had bad video freezes and audio drop outs and then the spontaneous reboots the first day the software downloaded. About three within 10 minutes while trying to record three things at the same time. Here is what I did:

1. Ran a check switch without any sat cables connected to clear out the matrix.
2. Then I unplugged the unit and let it stay down for a minute then plugged it back in- a power cord reboot.
3. Then ran another checkswitch with the sat cables connected to the receiver.

This seems to have fixed my problems. I have had two days now with NO Video or Audio problems or spontaneous reboots. I have a dish 500 with a dishpro plus twin connected to a side sat dish to 61.5. I use hdmi to my Sony a/v receiver and then to my tv using the hdmi to dvi adapter cable. I also use the Toslink cable for digital sound.

IF everyone would try this and report back here and see if this corrects your problems. Good luck.

I will try that Mike, but I have no idea how to do a check switch. Can you tell me how to? I would be more than happy to try it. It seems that when I use HDMI until the sound drops then I switch to all component, it goes for hours with no problems. So a temp fix for myself is to keep switching between the two. Not convenient but tolerable.

Didn't work for me

MikeD-C05 said:
Okay I will tell everyone again and see if this helps anyone. I had bad video freezes and audio drop outs and then the spontaneous reboots the first day the software downloaded. About three within 10 minutes while trying to record three things at the same time. Here is what I did:

1. Ran a check switch without any sat cables connected to clear out the matrix.
2. Then I unplugged the unit and let it stay down for a minute then plugged it back in- a power cord reboot.
3. Then ran another checkswitch with the sat cables connected to the receiver.

This seems to have fixed my problems. I have had two days now with NO Video or Audio problems or spontaneous reboots. I have a dish 500 with a dishpro plus twin connected to a side sat dish to 61.5. I use hdmi to my Sony a/v receiver and then to my tv using the hdmi to dvi adapter cable. I also use the Toslink cable for digital sound.

IF everyone would try this and report back here and see if this corrects your problems. Good luck.

Didn't work for me. I tried this last night, but I still had to reboot this morning to get sound.

Glad I saw this thread as it explains why I had no audio for about a minute on the a recent episode of Eureka recorded on the DVR. Using HDMI and optical audio. I had burned that episode to DVDR and thought I had screwed up in the process. Now I know differently.

Mileskat

Here is the response I just got from E. Probably the same as everyone else.

We are aware of some audio drop outs on the 622 as noted in the response below.

Thanks to your feedback, we were able to reproduce this issue and are quickly working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and assure you that this issue is a very high priority for us. We expect to have a fix released in the very near future. Thanks again for the feedback.

re: audio problem in 622

I have experienced a similar problem, when I fast forward on a record program on the DVR I lose the audio. This then requires a front panel reboot. This has happened about 4 times in the last week, quite annoying

iafirebuff said:
Thanks to your feedback, we were able to reproduce this issue and are quickly working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and assure you that this issue is a very high priority for us. We expect to have a fix released in the very near future. Thanks again for the feedback.

According to the "other site", they were taking names earlier today to volunteer for a new software beta that DISH would send out tonight to possibly fix the audio issues.

I'm not having any audio issues - so I couldn't participate. :D

"Warbeling Sound"

:mad: We have had a wavy or warbling character to the sound in watching some recorded shows and some live broadcasts. I was able to fix the problem by pressing the pause button and then pressing play. We have also had some audio dropouts that we fixed by the same method. The problem tends to return in due time and so a repeat of pause/play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)