New channels

ScottDurand

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here knew which channels Voom is supposed to add to the lineup, I keep hearing about new programming but have not seen a list of the channels.

Best regards,

Scott Durand

There is a list I have seen which may or may not be accurate.

I would be willing to say that most of the SD channels people have been saying they want will be available soon. After they are added we should see no more of the people saying I would get VOOM if they offered "Channel X".

Myself I hope Noggin is in there. :) I just wish Noggin was on 24 hours a day, my baby loves that channel.

The SD channels are these, which have been posted several times:

BBC America
CMT
CNN International
Discovery Home
Discovery Kids
Discovery Times
DIY - Do It Yourself Network
FINE LIVING
Fox Movie Channel
FSN Bay Area
FSN New England
FSN New York
FSN Ohio
GAC - Great American Country
History International
Military Channel
MSG Network
National Geographic Channel
Reality 24-7
Superstation WGN
The Science Channel
Turner South

Scott Greczkowski said:
There is a list I have seen which may or may not be accurate.

I would be willing to say that most of the SD channels people have been saying they want will be available soon. After they are added we should see no more of the people saying I would get VOOM if they offered "Channel X".

Myself I hope Noggin is in there. :) I just wish Noggin was on 24 hours a day, my baby loves that channel.

Unless, of course, Channel X = Regional Sports Network X

Don't get me wrong, I'm sticking with Voom, but I have no hope that Voom will add CSN Mid Atlantic (SD or HD) anytime soon at all, if ever.

-John

jgantert said:
Unless, of course, Channel X = Regional Sports Network X

Don't get me wrong, I'm sticking with Voom, but I have no hope that Voom will add CSN Mid Atlantic (SD or HD) anytime soon at all, if ever.

-John

Me too. I wish for FSN Arizona and G4-Tech TV. I know those are long shots, but it does not hurt to just wish.

I am glad to see they will be increasing their channel lineup. I had emailed them back in December with channels/stations I would like to see, and what do you know most of them show up in their announcement.

Now if they could add Noggin TV to that list my son would be thrilled.. (and so would mom and dad...)

BFG said:
The SD channels are these, which have been posted several times:

Reality 24-7

good god...if that channel is what I think it will be, I may just have to cancel voom on principle alone!!!!!

What about PBS kids (my daugther missed Barney and teletubies and sesame street and pigly winks and Jay Jay and etc.) and Fox sports southwest (for me)?

lostcause said:
good god...if that channel is what I think it will be, I may just have to cancel voom on principle alone!!!!!

Reality is on Dish. If you like the shows Cop's and Trauma Center then you will like the channel.

um, how are they going to add channels when they're selling their satellite and no customer has a dish to receive from their other satellite? I guess they can add new channels for the enjoyment of the guys in the control booth!

at this point, be grateful we're not LOSING channels :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)