New OTA adapter

I actually never really understood what ATSC 2.0 would have done over ATSC 1.0 to even make it a legitimate 2nd version.

Little wonder it was never implemented...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I actually never really understood what ATSC 2.0 would have done over ATSC 1.0 to even make it a legitimate 2nd version.

Little wonder it was never implemented...

I think the main 'feature' of 2.0 was related to picking it up on mobile devices, and there was no interest in that. That's part of 3.0 also, but despite some early mention it is hardly talked about now - I think the powers that be have finally realized there isn't a huge pent-up demand for watching live broadcast TV on smartphones.

I think the main 'feature' of 2.0 was related to picking it up on mobile devices, and there was no interest in that. That's part of 3.0 also, but despite some early mention it is hardly talked about now - I think the powers that be have finally realized there isn't a huge pent-up demand for watching live broadcast TV on smartphones.

just streaming. maybe someday

Hmmm, I thought only a very small number of people had these at this point ...
Did they open it up to more cities ?
But that's the strange paradox to all these installation and troubleshooting instructions for the LCC.

There's still no indication the adapter is available to mass subscribers yet. Yet AT&T/DIRECTV is putting out these kinds of instructions and guidelines as though the LCC has been out for months already ...

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Should I sell my AM21’s that I have been hoarding?
Well I certainly wouldn't until I actually see AT&T begin to release this thing for customer distribution.

Sure do miss the days of select customer field testing of new DIRECTV equipment though. And all those nice glossy "First Look" documents published on the forums after testing was complete. Where some of the actual field testers would then participate in the following Q&A thread on it.

Days gone by ...

Hmmm, I thought only a very small number of people had these at this point ...
Did they open it up to more cities ?
I wonder sNe thing did they open it to more cities hopefully they did go everyone but wishful thinking on my part :biggrin

Well I certainly wouldn't until I actually see AT&T begin to release this thing for customer distribution.

Once the LCC is released, the value of AM21s will crater - going to practically zero if the LCC works with H2x/HR2x. If you aren't using an AM21 now, I'd sell it. The market value isn't going any higher at this point.

I'm wondering if the LLC has to use that Included POS indoor Antenna or if you can connect your own OTA antenna. I already have a AM21 and a Attic mounted OTA antenna. My biggest problem is the outdated Channel list which ignores at least 5 local Sub-channels for (Rochester NY), one being a Local Channel's 24/7 Weather.

I use the AM21 work around to get some channels listed by inputting another Local Markets Zip code with DirecTV listed Sub-channels, which is a problem. The biggest being Guide listings that are totally wrong, as well as I can't even set a manual Timer as once the PSIP OTA Guide data is different than the DirecTV guide information the channel won't record.

I'm wondering if the LLC has to use that Included POS indoor Antenna or if you can connect your own OTA antenna. I already have a AM21 and a Attic mounted OTA antenna. My biggest problem is the outdated Channel list which ignores at least 5 local Sub-channels for (Rochester NY), one being a Local Channel's 24/7 Weather.

I use the AM21 work around to get some channels listed by inputting another Local Markets Zip code with DirecTV listed Sub-channels, which is a problem. The biggest being Guide listings that are totally wrong, as well as I can't even set a manual Timer as once the PSIP OTA Guide data is different than the DirecTV guide information the channel won't record.

Obviously any antenna will work... I just hope there's a way to order it without that (even if you don't save any money) Otherwise there are going to be a lot of antennas needlessly filling landfills for people who already have their own.

They are actively working at updating the database. Over the past few months, they have randomly updated the database for many markets across the country. They have many more to do, but they are working on it. It's hard to believe, but it's true!

They are actively working at updating the database. Over the past few months, they have randomly updated the database for many markets across the country. They have many more to do, but they are working on it. It's hard to believe, but it's true!

Are they really updating databases at random or possibly market size or alphabetical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are they really updating databases at random or possibly market size or alphabetical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Other than including the markets for the AT&T HQ and that the LCC is doing the testing, it appears to be random, according to those who do the analysis and know much more than me. Here is the list of markets that have been updated, from the CE site:
3 - Albany-Schenectady-Troy NY
10 - Atlanta GA
12 - Austin TX
21 - Binghamton NY
35 - Charlotte NC
36 - Charlottesville VA
39 - Chicago IL
51 - Dallas-Ft Worth TX
53 - Dayton OH
56 - Detroit MI
63 - Eureka CA
69 - Fort Myers-Naples FL
73 - Gainesville FL
90 - Houston TX
92 - Idaho Falls-Pocatello ID
106 - Lansing MI
108 - Las Vegas NV
113 - Los Angeles CA
120 - Medford-Klamath Falls OR
124 - Milwaukee WI
125 - Minneapolis-St Paul MN
134 - New York NY
140 - Orlando-Daytona FL
153 - Providence RI-New Bedford MA
162 - Rockford IL
165 - Salt Lake City UT
168 - San Diego CA
174 - Shreveport LA
177 - South Bend-Elkhart IN
178 - Spokane WA
183 - Syracuse NY
186 - Terre Haute IN
188 - Topeka KS
208 - Yakima-Pasco-Richland WA
210 - Yuma AZ
4 - Albuquerque-Santa Fe NM
115 - Lubbock TX
147 - Philadelphia PA
148 - Phoenix AZ
174 - Shreveport LA
185 - Tampa-St Petersburg FL
199 - Washington DC - Hagerstown MD

The numbers next to the DMA are not the market size, but the market number which is a Directv thing, assigned alphabetically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts