New Product: Titanium Satellite ASC1 - Actuator Motor and Polarization Skew Controller

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I am tickled pink here. After applying the update all my issues are gone. This thing rocks! What ever you did to the sensor circuit also enabled my very high resolution sensor in my AJAK :) Takes a while to set up but it's so sweet. You set the bar high on this one Brian ;)

anik,

Yes. As you had noted earlier, I speak honestly and call it as I see it. This trait sets well with folks who don't like thing sugar coating and are not tolerant of marketing lies... and not so well with others. When all is said, folks usually have a good understanding of where I stand and know that I support my products, customers and the FTA hobbyists 100%+.

In the second post you made it very clear that you had no interest in buying the ASC1 and the list continued to build from there on... While I am sorry that you would never consider purchasing a product from Titanium Satellite, you obviously are a very discerning buyer and apparently Titanium Satellite joins a prodigious list of equipment providers whose products could never measure up to these exacting requirements. :(

This interaction may have started as discussion, but it certainly became a troll. Thank you for your considerable investment of time, research and input. I certainly value your market observations and unique needs and will keep them in mind when developing future products. Your participation is certainly desirable in a ASC1 discussion thread if you wish to participate in building a better mousetrap using the existing hardware. Your approach has been quite to the contrary to this end, so far...
:D

Last edited:
anik...with all respect I do think it would be a good idea to get a bud going again..:)..I like alot of your ideas and once a bud is working again I bet you can help many!;)

Anik, I second Hockeynuts sentiment and I'm sorry if my previous post was a little strong. It seemed that you were pushing the price difference issue a bit, is all. Don't think anyone wants you to really quit your participation in this thread, just some of us have strong feelings toward things just like you do, I'm sure.

I agree with you totally on the winter, the cold is a real PITA to deal with and can get one down.

Hello All
I have a question, the plastic over the display, is that come off?
let me know.
thanks in advance.
Chewie

Just picked mine up this afternoon. Shipping address is the hangar which is unheated, so even after sitting in the warm truck for an hour and sitting in the house for another two hours, the unit is still too cold to touch (-30ish outside 2day). Will fire it up later this evening after it warms up quite a bit more and update the firmware. Thanks for the updates Brian, will report later if I get to that this evening.
Supposed to blizzard again tomorrow, might even have time to install & set it up. :)
-C.

Just picked mine up this afternoon. Shipping address is the hangar which is unheated, so even after sitting in the warm truck for an hour and sitting in the house for another two hours, the unit is still too cold to touch (-30ish outside 2day). Will fire it up later this evening after it warms up quite a bit more and update the firmware. Thanks for the updates Brian, will report later if I get to that this evening.
Supposed to blizzard again tomorrow, might even have time to install & set it up. :)

-C.

And I thought the -2 or so we have right now is bad! That is cold!

I woke up to -2c this morning and thought I was dreaming, couldn't believe how warm it was. I wore a T-shirt all day!

UDL

Yea.. Yea.. rub it in... :(
Supposed to be -15C (+3 or 4 F) tomorrow... will be like a heat wave here...
Latest news says it was colder up in Winnipeg than on Mars last few days... Think they were -36c this am with a -50 or so wind chill... At least the wind was calm here this morning.
Sorry for the digression..

I woke up to -2c this morning and thought I was dreaming, couldn't believe how warm it was. I wore a T-shirt all day!

UDL

That's is t-shirt weather, if I'm thinking right that -2 C is 28 or so F. It's minus 2 F here right now. Wonder if Cham meant F or C? -30 C would be somewhere around zero F, I think? I was thinking he meant F, but maybe it was C.

Was -36C / -33F I think thereabout. -40 is the same in F or C, or 233K. When it's that cold it really doesn't matter which scale you use... it's just COLD!

New Firmware Version 20140114 is available for download at http://titaniumsatellite.com/updates
Update notes are included in the zip file.

* Modify - Improved Servo compatibility and removed reported servo chatter
* Modify - Swapped default polarity setting for STB control to match ASC1 manual setting
* Modify - Increased DiSEqC 1.2 control compatibility with STBs

Brian, do I need to wait for an email before returning the asc-1?

I will be shipping a brand new ASC1 to everyone who previously purchased the original unit. The manufacturer's bean counters are still considering if we will be including a prepaid return shipping label or not requesting them to be returned.

Please do not return your original unit unless you are provided with a prepaid shipping label and requested to do so. :D

Does "better" mean it works without chatter? :D

Yes. I suspect the DC 5v drops out after a few seconds now.

I used to attach some caps (10uF?) to the circuit to help minimize that chatter at the dish. Still have the same setup but removed the caps a couple years ago after a lightning strike. I should replace them, they just shunt any unwanted RF/noise to ground. One on the 5v line and one on the sensor line, both attached to the ground in the servo circuit, but I think they were isolated from the dish ground outside but attached to the common ground inside at the receiver. Seemed to help in the past..

-C.

hello Brian
Any update on when are you going to start shipping the new ASC1.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)