New software with installation wizard

JRL

Original poster
May 13, 2004
Anyone hear of the receivers now being shipped with the new software which has something called "installation wizard" which is suppose to speed up the activation process , it also comes with off-air scanning instead of mapping. Voom is suppose to be requiring all dealers to report back with all the serial numbers of all receivers in stock, is this to swap them for the new receivers? Are there many problems with the present receivers.

thx
JRL

I've never heard of it, but it would be so cool to be with a DBS that gives the best stuff to new customers :confused:

Where did you hear this, if I may inquire? Thanks for the info., if it's accurate ;)

cyuhnke said:
I've never heard of it, but it would be so cool to be with a DBS that gives the best stuff to new customers :confused:

Where did you hear this, if I may inquire? Thanks for the info., if it's accurate ;)

I work for install inc.

JRL,

I do not believe they will swap all receivers in the field again (just my opinion). They all seem to be working fine except for few problems outlined in our software problems. Unless there is something wrong with the hardware, I see not to swap them. They could just easily upgrade every receiver in the field. Just thinking out loud (here) :)

Forgot to post the following:

I do not think those receivers are shipping with the "installation wizard". As far as I knew there are still working on it. There is a fix that needs to be done to it (minor but it needs to be done). I also would think that if that was going to be done or is happenning, current customer should get the software upgrade first so that they can get their OTA.

In my opinion, I do not think it is happening yet.

JRL said:
I work for install inc.

Shut my mouth right up. Then it is interseting info indeed. Off-air scanning? That's very interesting.

The installer that came out yesterday mentioned to my wife that was was going to upgrade the receivers. I think he ment the new software update is coming soon or he was talking about the DVR. Just have to wait and see what happens. As for me my system has been working fine.

I have heard that the "new upgrade" is in beta testing phase now. Does anyone know when its going to be released?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts