New to the Fta world

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you. The problem is ... I already ordered a V76-5 on thursday and I assumed that the boots to protect the engine and accordion boot in carton contents are included. The V76-5 is already on its way to me.
I thought: telescoping tube = accordion boat.

@ catamount: So the original boots with lettering for the protection of the engine would have to be in carton contents so always there.

@ Penguin0456: Do you understand now what I mean?

Greetings

Normally there is a cover over the motor included. The accordion boot for the telescoping shaft is optional, not included.

"telescoping tube" tells you what kind of actuator and that type of mechanism is included with the motor. A power window actuator in an auto has a "scissor arm" mechanism or "cable and pulleys"

So I did a site survey for galaxy 19. That looked really good. I was wondering if anyone else has some suggestions for other good satellites I should look into for line of sight? Keeping in mind I am in Michigan.

So I did a site survey for galaxy 19. That looked really good. I was wondering if anyone else has some suggestions for other good satellites I should look into for line of sight? Keeping in mind I am in Michigan.
For C-Band I like 58W, 87W, 91W, 97W, 99.2W, 101W, 103W, 105W, 107.3W

Check out www.lyngsat.com and www.sathint.com to see what channels (both video and radio) are available in the clear. :)

"telescoping tube" tells you what kind of actuator and that type of mechanism is included with the motor. A power window actuator in an auto has a "scissor arm" mechanism or "cable and pulleys"

Thanks Magic Static. Since I was not careful and get the actuator without accordion boot. After order is not worth it ... because shipping, vat, customs etc. is disproportionately expensive.

But I see in estore by no separate order option of an accordion boot ... if I wanted.

I ordered the V76-5 (did not have one yet) ... because it is much quieter than a venture (I am).

If it's still on the pole and not off and leaning against something it is probably not warped (maybe) so you are probably safe in that respect.
You won't need a mover to get going, you could just use a hand crank like they did in the early days.
Mostly just concentrate on having fun.

I'd love to find a couple hand cranks. Any idea where I might locate a couple. I've been using actuator tubes without the motors. It works, but not as well as a hand crank. Screwdriver keeps slipping out of the slot. :facepalm

Hello,

my away V76-5 arrived today. I am a little disappointed that apart from the weather protection no accessories are included. The Actuator Accordion Boot was missing. I knew that before. That's okay too. But no clamp kit, not a single screw ... I've never experienced it like that before. This was always the case with all the other previous actuators.

I wrote another mail to Scott.

So I am looking for the cable for my dish. The cable I had come with it looks a short. The one I have is a ribbon style cable with all the required wires for running the dish. I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere, so is this cable still around?

So I am looking for the cable for my dish. The cable I had come with it looks a short. The one I have is a ribbon style cable with all the required wires for running the dish. I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere, so is this cable still around?
There is this, CommScope - Uniprise 18 AWG Solid Copper TVRO Satellite Ribbon Cable - Coaxial - CommScope - Uniprise 8136, which is likely similar to what you have. Unfortunately they only sell it in 12000' spools so unless you need over two miles of cable that's not going to work. Perhaps you can find one of their dealers who is willing to sell you a smaller length. Another option is to buy high quality solid copper core shielded RG6 and pair it with something like irrigation/sprinkler wire for the actuator power wires and shielded alarm wire, etc for the sensor wires. There are several threads on the site regarding that. If you will be using an LNBF, such as the Titanium C1-PLL, then you will not need the extra three conductors in the original cable. They were used for rotating the polarity motor. Now LNBFs switch polarity by voltage. :)

Last edited:
Patience....

I recommend letting the cement cure for at least 4 days to a week. A large dish will loosen the post in the uncured cement and cause unnecessary problems in the future. I know how it feels to be anxious to start the assembly! :)

Photos or it didn't happen! LOL

What did you use for anti-rotation? Weld on tabs, rebar or through-bolts?

Reactions: Horsepower
Penguin, a lady gave me this yesterday. I think it is 10ft. I have never had a fiberglass dish. How much do you think the dish weighs? I will have to remove it from the mount to move it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180322_154459204.jpg
    IMG_20180322_154459204.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 128
Penguin, a lady gave me this yesterday. I think it is 10ft. I have never had a fiberglass dish. How much do you think the dish weighs? I will have to remove it from the mount to move it.

I'd say mine was in the 100-200 ish pound range..

Me and my buddy could carry it.(without a mount)

Reactions: Horsepower
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts