NEWS FLASH: New Channels: LIFETIME Net, CMT, National Geographic,...

AxE said:
You can't even get FSN.
I guess it depends on where you live. I get my regional sports networks (2 of them, actually), and in high definition to boot (on one of them). Baseball games last year were *gorgeous*!

And regarding PQ, I don't have Dish. But I have directly compared Voom's HD to Comcast's, on a 7 foot wide screen, and Voom's HD PQ was noticeably better. (SD was worse, though.)

Well all that aside from a retailer......VOOM go bye bye.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I wish they would add ESPN2-HD just so I can watch the Red Sox kick the Yankees ass on Opening Day. :D :D
That would be a punch in the face to D*. No offense to D* subs, but how long it's been since D* announce ESPN2-HD and still nothing.

They was to install yesterday, but I told them to hold until the dust settles. I have to run a few cables and dont mind if they are going to be around, but if they are gone in a few days, it's not worth the hassle. I will have to keep Dish for HDNET and HDNET MOVIES anyway. Smallville and Guys nite in, I am hooked.

I myself is wondering what other HD channels are out there besides INHD & HDNET that we don't have????​

Fox Sport Net HD (or Regional Sport Network HD). This channel is very important for a large number of subscribers in my opinion.

Just got my update of channels

I was trying to tune in my channels to no avail. Then, after flipping through the channel guide, the channels suddenly pop up in the channel guide.

fsds said:
Voom adding new channels today Lifetime now on Lifetime Real Women (524 525) plus other are being added, is this the end I dont think so. I can now drop dish this will make my wife happy that Lifetime is on VOOM

GREAT News! I had been waiting for months for Lifetime to come back to C-band--they promised, promised and it never did.

What is sooooo great about LIFETIME--even if you don't like the rest of the programming--everyday 11-1 pm (CST) is UNSOLVED MYSTERIES--one of the most popular programs ever on tv--why they took it off I will NEVER know--but it is a timeless show and I never missed it until a few months ago.

If these channel numbers don't show up in my guide--can I just punch them in?

In the past when I've asked my friends why they would not consider VOOM as their content provider, these are reasons they gave:

No regional sports channel.
Wife won't allow it because her channels(HGTV, Lifetime, etc.) are not there.
No DVR(much less common but still mentioned).

It appears to me they are trying to address these issues but obviously they can't do everything at once. If they are going to survive(get lots more subscribers) they have to offer more than just HD channels. It is too expensive to pay for VOOM and also cable or another sat service to get the missing channels. The average person just will not do that. I just have to shake my head when these clueless, self centered whiners continue to post comments like "what, another worthless SD channel!!!". These people can't see further than the end of their nose. You get the impression that they truly believe that if THEY don't like a particular channel then no one on the face of the planet could possibly like it either. What a joke.

I want my FOX SPORTS WEST. If I can't watch my Angels play baseball and the rest of the Lakers games, I can't keep VOOM. Since I can't afford to have both Sat and Cable, I hope they add FSW.

AxE said:
Why would you jump ship from E*. They have much better PQ and are less expensive than VOOM. (see post on page 4).

You stated that you are a sales person for a satellite sales company in Arizona that used to sell Voom, but don't anymore... In my opinion that makes you biased in your opinion about E*.. I have seen the PQ of E* on the 811 and in my opinion the PQ is MUCH better on V*! If you are trying to generate sales to switch people from V* to E*, you probably won't have much luck here on this forum...

I have a Dish 500 receiver. We purchased it in 200. I just installed Voom a couple of weeks ago. The picture quality on Voom SD channels is marginally better on my Akai 55 inch HDTV then the Dish Network channels. This is mainly because the Voom receiver is plugged into the DVI input and the Dish is plugged into the S-VGA input on the TV. The Dish 500 receiver doesn't have the component video output. If we upgraded to a newer Dish receiver, we would most likely get a better picture on the Dish. However, since we were considering changing to VOOM... and VOOM had the $1 install, it was not worth the money to mess around with.

Now if something happens and VOOM doesn't make it, and we go back to dish. We might have to get an 811 receiver. If we stay with VOOM after the 6 month trial... well, we might have to purchase the receiver. I really don't like having to pay the rental fee.

roland

I saw an ad for The Outdoor Channel 2 HD on the Costco HD feed. Just said coming soon and didn't give a date but there was quite a bit of footage shown!

HDGUY said:
In response to AxE

Actually I did that, In my oppinion your wrong. I have a 65" Mits and with two side by side feeds of the SAME channel, one from Voom the other from Dish, I see a remarkable difference. Especially the news channels with text and graphics. I don't respond too often nor do I want to argue about this. I just had to say something when I have friends over and they always seem to ask the same question. I put up two screens on the same TV and with the same channel and it is very easily seen that Voom's PQ is richer in saturation and crispness. I do think that it will depend on your cables, connection type and obviously receiver.

I just got installed last week and had been with E* for four years.
I was using the 811 with E* and I can tell you that the SD PQ was far far better than with VOOM. I'm blaming it on the change of encoders right now and can't compare on how it was before with the Motorola encoder.
The HD doesn't seem has good either but all I was watching was discovery HD.
And without having side by side picture it is hard to tell. The difference if there is one is minimal
Once again, might be the harmonic encoder at fault for the moment.
One thing that is definitively much better with VOOM compare to E* and the 811 STB is the OTA. It's crystal clear with VOOM. It sucked with E*

wazzup said:
I just got installed last week and had been with E* for four years.
I was using the 811 with E* and I can tell you that the SD PQ was far far better than with VOOM.

SD: Actually, Dish and Voom boxes has very different option to fit SD on a widescreen. When I switched to V* in July 2004, I also thought that E* SD was better. It took couple of weeks for my eyes to adujst. Now I think that V* SD is much better. New encoders did not change things for me.

I happen to notice on HDN that one of the sports highlight clip was courtesy of BravoHD. Makes you go hummmm.

Oh great another troll to add to the ignore list :(

We discussed to death what HD channels VOOM is missing and there aren't that many. INHD won't sell to satellite they want to be a cable exclusive.

Here is what is missing from VOOM,

HDNet
HDNet Movies
ESPN-2 HD
Wealth-TV
NFL Network-HD
Outdoor Channel 2HD
Spice-HD

That's it there are no more HD channels.

jovester2 said:
It is International Women's Day, I think that's why they have added all the girly channels..... :D
I didn't know it was International Women's Day, but if it is (and you're not just joshing), it could be a rather subtle wink. You know what they say..."behind every successful man...." ;) :D

Whatever the reason, it's a good sign, and probably makes more than one fella out there happy that now he and his sweetie can both have their cake and eat it too! @party Those are not channels I watch, but I know they are quite important for some people. When you're in a partnership or marriage, both parties have to be satisfied, and this move may free up the TV wars in some homes...:yes ...and as Martha would say...that a GOOD thing! :D

dash2004 said:
A very interesting observation. What do you say about NGC? International Geographic Day?
As far the as NGC goes, I'll just be glad to see it...and maybe some of those nude pygmies klen mentioned in an earlier post... :D

Vicki :D :D

bryan27 said:
Oh great another troll to add to the ignore list :(

We discussed to death what HD channels VOOM is missing and there aren't that many. INHD won't sell to satellite they want to be a cable exclusive.

Here is what is missing from VOOM,

HDNet
HDNet Movies
ESPN-2 HD
Wealth-TV
NFL Network-HD
Outdoor Channel 2HD

That's it there are no more HD channels.
Also NBATV-HD

Vicki said:
I didn't know it was International Women's Day, but if it is (and you're not just joshing), it could be a rather subtle wink. You know what they say..."behind every successful man...." ;) :D

Whatever the reason, it's a good sign, and probably makes more than one fella out there happy that now he and his sweetie can both have their cake and eat it too! @party Those are not channels I watch, but I know they are quite important for some people. When you're in a partnership or marriage, both parties have to be satisfied, and this move may free up the TV wars in some homes...:yes ...and as Martha would say...that a GOOD thing! :D
Ahhh Hell, now the wife's gonna wanna control the remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts