NFL 2012 Off season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
SabresRule said:
Who so you trust less- Tony Romo or Jay Cutler?

They have a lot in common- gaudy numbers, big throwers, 1 playoff win, capable of making baffling mistakes

I would trust Cutler's players more than Romo's.

As Hart pointed out in the baseball thread, only 17 days left until the opening of training camp. As a Patriots fan, I can only recall two seasons that I've looked forward to as much as this one: 2003 and 2007. One of the those seasons ended in a championship, and the other ended in an undefeated regular season and Super Bowl berth.

GO PATS!!!! :)

Tom Brady enters this season with the highest winning pct. ever for a QB at .780 (124-35).

In fact, Sid Luckman (73-22-2 .763), Roger Staubach (85-30 .739), Joe Montana (117-47 .713) and Ben Roethlisberger (80-33 .708) are the only other QB's in NFL history that have a WP over .700 entering this season.

Contrary to what some think(a lot of the media in general), I think my Raiders are going to have a great season(of course, barring season of injuries like last year) and will make the playoffs for the 1st time since their Super Bowl year. I do not know HOW many wins they have, but with minor amount of players getting injured, I do not see why they cannot win at least 9 games.

Contrary to what some think(a lot of the media in general), I think my Raiders are going to have a great season(of course, barring season of injuries like last year) and will make the playoffs for the 1st time since their Super Bowl year. I do not know HOW many wins they have, but with minor amount of players getting injured, I do not see why they cannot win at least 9 games.

I think division games will be extra important in the AFC West this year.

I think 9 wins is a tall order for the Raiders with all of their non division away games being played in the EST time zone. Will come down to which games McFadden misses too.

If I had to guess I'd say 7 wins is a good over/under number.

They will have to steal a couple away divisional games while protecting their home turf to have a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

meStevo said:
I think 9 wins is a tall order for the Raiders with all of their non division away games being played in the EST time zone. Will come down to which games McFadden misses too.

They will have to steal a couple away divisional games while protecting their home turf to have a shot.

Based on records from last year, the Broncos and Chargers face teams with higher winning percentages at .543 and .504 respectively....with the Raiders scheduled ranked 18th with a winning percentage of .496 and the Chiefs right below that at .494. If anyone has to worry about being a winner is the Broncos and Chargers.

Palmer gets to come back to Cincy and throw some INT's to us this time. :D

The Browns just bid a 2nd round pick in the supplemental draft to select WR Josh Gordon. Meaning, they will have to forfeit their 2013 2nd round pick for the rights to Gordon.

Good pick IMO. Some had this kid as a first round selection in 2013. Some had considered him an even better prospect than his teammate Kendall Wright. Bottom line: Gordon fills a position of need by the Browns.

At 6'3", 225, 4.52 40, on paper, he's eerily similar to the guy opposite him.. Greg Little. If he pans out, this will be just another weapon for Brandon Weeden. Loving how this offense has been completely overhauled over the offseason! Football season can't come soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)