NFL 2015 OFF Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem w/ Tebow is this...he's dead set on being a QB.

He's athletic, versatile, got size and is smart...valuable assets for any player. Almost any team could use him at various positions but he insists on being the QB which is why he was the last cut in NE.

IIRC, Belicheck approached him on playing FB and TE... Tebow declined.

Stevie Johnson just signed with the Chargers after visiting New England.

So what`s going on with New England, are they so use to discount shopping that they refused to from the dollar store to Walmart É

With Amendola restructuring and Wilfork, Browner, Revis, Vereen etc gone surely the cap space is there.

Since Johnson is probably the 5th or 6th quality FA to visit and sign elswhere, am starting to get a bad feeling about whats going on in NE.

Stevie Johnson just signed with the Chargers after visiting New England.

So what`s going on with New England, are they so use to discount shopping that they refused to from the dollar store to Walmart É

With Amendola restructuring and Wilfork, Browner, Revis, Vereen etc gone surely the cap space is there.

Since Johnson is probably the 5th or 6th quality FA to visit and sign elswhere, am starting to get a bad feeling about whats going on in NE.
According to overthecap.com, the Pats are about $12.8m under the cap....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owners looking at new rules changes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...es-changes-proposed-owners-meetings-next-week

NEW YORK -- Significant changes to the use of video replay, including reviewing all fouls called by game officials, will be proposed by the NFL's competition committee at next week's owners meetings.

The committee is presenting a proposal by the Detroit Lines that would permit the instant replay system to correct an officiating error. That would include such controversial calls as pass interference.

Also to be discussed in Phoenix will be a proposal by the New England Patriots to place fixed cameras on all boundary lines. That would guarantee coverage of those lines regardless of where network cameras are positioned.

Other proposals include moving the extra point attempt to the 15-yard line and guaranteeing both teams a possession in overtime even if one scores a touchdown on its first drive. There is also a proposal to give teams that successfully convert a 2-point conversion the chance to immediately add another point from midfield.
I agree with the fixed camera at the goal/side lines.
But to allow the replay official stop play after every flag will make the game even longer.

And having the PAT from the 15 yard line is ridiculous, and pretty much eliminates the 2-pt conversion.

As for OT, I like the idea of both teams getting a possession, but I wish they'd just adopt the college/high school rule. Works pretty well for them, and would for the NFL as well.

Reactions: madmadworld
Owners looking at new rules changes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...es-changes-proposed-owners-meetings-next-week

I agree with the fixed camera at the goal/side lines.
But to allow the replay official stop play after every flag will make the game even longer.

And having the PAT from the 15 yard line is ridiculous, and pretty much eliminates the 2-pt conversion.

As for OT, I like the idea of both teams getting a possession, but I wish they'd just adopt the college/high school rule. Works pretty well for them, and would for the NFL as well.
If they do adapt the College OT rules I can see them moving the ball back to say the 40 yard line.
Thus making at least 3 points not a gimme, like it is in College.

If you gain no yards, you might actually have to punt, as it would be a 57 yard FG.

If they do adapt the College OT rules I can see them moving the ball back to say the 40 yard line.
Thus making at least 3 points not a gimme, like it is in College.

If you gain no yards, you might actually have to punt, as it would be a 57 yard FG.
I have no problem with moving it back, College (25 yd) is further back than High School (10 yd), so NFL should be further back that College. Just put the NFL where the CFL has it, at 35 yd.

Could even adopt the CFL rule where every PAT has to be a 2-pt conversion, not just after the 3'rd possession like college.

I liked the old CFL rule 2 5 minute half's 2 kickoffs. since we just hate FG'S no dang FG'S. ties where they that bad really ? more instant gratification crap.

Give the coach 3 flags for replay a game. if he was right he gets it back. no time outs involved..kiss

Looks like the NFL will nail the Jets for tampering in the Revis case.
Punishment? I hope they're forced to take back Rex Ryan
In this country there are laws against cruel and unusual punishment. :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kraven
Looks like the Bears are continuing with their addition of free agents. Today they signed Ray McDonald and Jarvis Jenkins.

I have no problem with moving it back, College (25 yd) is further back than High School (10 yd), so NFL should be further back that College. Just put the NFL where the CFL has it, at 35 yd.

Could even adopt the CFL rule where every PAT has to be a 2-pt conversion, not just after the 3'rd possession like college.

Big problem with going for 2pt conversion after each TD is a bigger concern for injuries, not sure the NFLPA would for that, not that they have a choice, but they should, the players would be the ones doing the work. Just seems like there could be way too many injuries. But then again the owners and the NFL don't really care about safety. They only care about making as much money as possible. That's why they want to add 2 teams to the playoffs each year. Makes more money. Also reason they want 18 game schedules, but the NFLPA has to approve it in the CBA, and I doubt that happens anytime soon without the players getting more money for risking more each year.

Falcons lose a 5th round pick in next years draft, fined $350,000, and McKay is suspended from competition committee for one year. I was starting to believe the penalty would be much worse.

Falcons lose a 5th round pick in next years draft, fined $350,000, and McKay is suspended from competition committee for one year. I was starting to believe the penalty would be much worse.
Well that's Goodell for you, punish Players worse, and let the owners/GMs/Team off with a slap on the wrist, after all, it's the owners who pay him his ridiculous $40M salary a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2014 FIFA World Cup Official Thread

Beijing selected to host the 2022 Winter Olympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts