NFL ST for 2012 update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last yr they gave me to go for free, a one time credit of $200 and then another credit of $10 for 12 months, so it all ended up costing me a whopping $15 when all said and done.

My 2yr commitment expires in August, just in time to negotiate another great deal.

Listen, they been giving deals on this forever. They make a ton of money off the package, they can and will negotiate the price, all you have to do is ask. And if at first you don't succeed, try again and again. Last year it took some people 5 calls to get a deal. I say call the end of july or first part of august.

I agree with you there, I will most likely pay for the $199 package, but would like Redzone.

That said, they would have a hard time selling a $100 add-on without something extra like Redzone. The shortcuts won't do it for most, and the mobile viewing sold previously for a $50 add-on. I don't know how much success they had selling the $50 add-on, but I do know they offered it free frequently.

I think the $199 will get more subscribers, significantly more. I don't know that they will get a big percentage paying the $100 add-on, but I can see why they want the option to upsell with a $199 entry price.

So, I would like Redzone for my $199 NFLST, but I completely understand the business end of it and why the need an upsell option.

Honestly, I think I'm good with it - given how aggressive they were with the $199 price.

Definitely a big improvement on price but I'll make my annual phone call or two around August to see what happens. I rarely watch the RZ and am not interested in the other mobile services so the lower pkg sounds good for me.

I think I missed this part somewhere but will the $200 deal be available to existing customers?

Last yr they gave me to go for free, a one time credit of $200 and then another credit of $10 for 12 months, so it all ended up costing me a whopping $15 when all said and done.

My 2yr commitment expires in August, just in time to negotiate another great deal.

Listen, they been giving deals on this forever. They make a ton of money off the package, they can and will negotiate the price, all you have to do is ask. And if at first you don't succeed, try again and again. Last year it took some people 5 calls to get a deal. I say call the end of july or first part of august.

True. I've averaged around $140-160 per ST season the past 3 years by making 1 or 2 phone calls. I was prepared to cancel ST the first year I called, and they offered a good deal. The past 2 years, I've just asked for a lower price and they gave a discounted price to me.

I was going to be tempted to get the "To-Go" this year. I like that fact that I can get everything for less than I paid last year!

I went online and added Sunday Ticket MAX to my account. It now lists:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ 2011
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ MAX

That's kinda weird.

I was going to be tempted to get the "To-Go" this year. I like that fact that I can get everything for less than I paid last year!

I went online and added Sunday Ticket MAX to my account. It now lists:
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ 2011
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ MAX

That's kinda weird.
That looks like Last years ... should say 2012 for the current year.

The 2011 will be dropped off sometime this summer.

The MAX is 2012. Just keep an eye on the bill to make sure the 2011 doesn't renew to the regular ST, you don't want a bill with the $199 and $299 package. Doubt it will happen, but I've seen weirder things on Directv bills.

I couldn't find an answer on their website. Will those us who had Sunday Ticket in 2011 be automatically renewed? Normally on the sports packages channel it would say I am authorized for this program but when I checked the channel for Sunday Ticket it has "Buy Now" on it (channel 114) and I know, normally, I would be renewed each year (had it since 1996).

I couldn't find an answer on their website. Will those us who had Sunday Ticket in 2011 be automatically renewed? Normally on the sports packages channel it would say I am authorized for this program but when I checked the channel for Sunday Ticket it has "Buy Now" on it (channel 114) and I know, normally, I would be renewed each year (had it since 1996).

There is a 99% chance of it being renewed automatically for you, unless YOU call to cancel before the 1st day of the season.

Its pretty much standard precedure for a Sports sub to auto re new

I think for some people the 299.95 package is high, because some don't use the To-Go but only want the RedZone channel, and I'm sure people will be able to get redzone added to the 199.95 package for little to no money.

For those not having a mobile device, the $100 premium for Red Zone is an incredibly high price. It is interesting that they are bundling To-Go with Red Zone because the overlap in interest for those two products has got to be well under 50%. That is, there have got to be an awful lot of fans who would like Red Zone and who don't want the To-Go product.

I hope I dont get auto renewed, but 114 says i am authorized, I started paying back in February after super bowl.

For those not having a mobile device, the $100 premium for Red Zone is an incredibly high price. It is interesting that they are bundling To-Go with Red Zone because the overlap in interest for those two products has got to be well under 50%. That is, there have got to be an awful lot of fans who would like Red Zone and who don't want the To-Go product.

The extra 100 is a lot for people who want either RZC or To-Go only, but for those who want both, like me, I am fine with it.

The extra 100 is a lot for people who want either RZC or To-Go only, but for those who want both, like me, I am fine with it.

How does Dish package the Red Zone channel now? They used to offer a great deal on it. $7/mo, with, obviously, no ST requirement. I thought it was interesting how E* outflanked D* on this very popular channel.

How does Dish package the Red Zone channel now? They used to offer a great deal on it. $7/mo, with, obviously, no ST requirement. I thought it was interesting how E* outflanked D* on this very popular channel.

It was 7 when I was with Dish back in 09, not sure anymore.

they didn't outflank; its all they can offer and its nothing close compared to the actual game package. they likely take a $$$ bath just to be able to say they have "some" NFL to offer other than just networks, real NFL fans go to the games or have ST

So D* increases my monthly bill and decreases ST price...seems like I'm helping make up the price differential even though I don't want or need ST.....seems like the only customers D* wants are NFL fans

charper1 said:
they didn't outflank; its all they can offer and its nothing close compared to the actual game package. they likely take a $$$ bath just to be able to say they have "some" NFL to offer other than just networks, real NFL fans go to the games or have ST

That's an awfully broad statement...some "real NFL fans" have to work every other weekend...be thankful you don't!!

At $9/mo, E* football fans will pay around $45 to see a channel that some consider to be the very best NFL channel available. A channel that a D* fan has to pay $300 to get. For fans who love the Red Zone channel, I'd say that E* most certainly outflanks D* on this one.

As many fans mostly watch their home region team, and they get all of those games for free from the networks, plus the Sunday night game, plus the Monday night game, plus an additional Sunday game, again all in their basic package. Then they can add Red Zone to that for $45. This is a very nice alternative offering to what D* offers. Especially given that only a small fraction of NFL fans subscribe to ST.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts