NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A friend of mine has been a subscriber to DirecTV for 2 years or so now with the Premiere package, and today he told me that his bill shows he is subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket and the MLB package with no charge. He did not call to subscribe to either of these packages. Are they giving out the NFL ST to people for nothing now? Anyone else hear of this?
?

I had ST for quite awhile but cancelled about 3 yrs ago. I got it again this yr along with the Max package bc my kids have swim meets throughout Oct-Jan. my thought was that I would be able to watch my Bears play during these swim meets but I think I'm going to have an issue. I live in the Chicagoland area so I don't think I'll be able to watch those games bc of the NFL rules about local broadcasts. I tried to tune into the SF-GB game while I was picking up dinner but the app said I couldn't view that game for the reason I stated above.

Is there any way around this rule? The main reason I opted for Max was to watch the Bears and now it looks like I can't. Any suggestions?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had ST for quite awhile but cancelled about 3 yrs ago. I got it again this yr along with the Max package bc my kids have swim meets throughout Oct-Jan. my thought was that I would be able to watch my Bears play during these swim meets but I think I'm going to have an issue. I live in the Chicagoland area so I don't think I'll be able to watch those games bc of the NFL rules about local broadcasts. I tried to tune into the SF-GB game while I was picking up dinner but the app said I couldn't view that game for the reason I stated above.

Is there any way around this rule? The main reason I opted for Max was to watch the Bears and now it looks like I can't. Any suggestions?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think your falling under the Black Out Rule, you have to watch your local team on your local network and is BO on the Ticket.
You should be able to watch all the other games though.

I had not checked this out locally, but Jimbo is most likely correct. Might try a sling box or Vulkano and watch it that way?

Decided to play DirecTV's little game again this year and called saying I wanted to cancel until I got a retention rep. I'm 1 year into my 2 year contact. In my conversation with her, I told her I didn't really need the Sunday Ticket Max, but after looking she said she could offer a better deal on that the then regular Sunday Ticket. After she was done, she game me Sunday Ticket Max for 4 payments of $36.99, and then a 1 time credit of $36.99 = $111 total for Sunday Ticket. She also gave me $15 off my bill for 12 months, plus $5 off Showtime for 6 months, plus 6 months of Starz. I'm pretty happy with the deal.

I'll keep playing their game and next year will cancel my account and sign up again in my wife's name. I've been going back and forth like this for 6 years. Seems to be the easiest way to get the cheapest price and newest equipment.

I heard the NFL Sunday ticket Free promo has been auto renewing at full price on Directv customers, is this true guys? If so I can only imagin that would really tick off a ton of customers.

I heard the NFL Sunday ticket Free promo has been auto renewing at full price on Directv customers, is this true guys? If so I can only imagin that would really tick off a ton of customers.

Thats the first I've heard of it.

How would any one know this seeing their bill wouldn't be out yet with that charge on it ?

I'm a charter member of D* Sept 10 1994 and a ST Sub since 97 D* has never charged me for anything I didn't want. They sometimes do odd things, but they have always made it right with me for 19 years.

the next year you get renewal notices months beforehand and can cancel up to the day before the season starts

Just called D* in one last ditch effort....... Got the Ticket free. Was getting worried there for a second. Required me to extend my contract 29 days longer than it was originally scheduled to end. Very happy.

Just called D* in one last ditch effort....... Got the Ticket free. Was getting worried there for a second. Required me to extend my contract 29 days longer than it was originally scheduled to end. Very happy.
You barely signed up with them right? Nice gesture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)