NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep, called today and got the same offer. I went ahead and cancelled Sunday Ticket and I'm considering calling tomorrow to cancel my service. My contract was up today and they wouldn't give me anything except a small ST discount. I was hoping to get a Genie upgrade with some discounts on my bill and ST. They offered to upgrade one of my receivers to an HD DVR, but no Genie. As much as I like DirecTV and NFL Sunday ticket, I can't justify paying what I pay now with the promotions and hardware Dish is offering. I'll likely switch to Dish to get the Hopper with Sling and their promotions. My plan is to just buy Madden 25 for the Sunday Ticket Promo so my wife can watch Giants games.

If you're really that happy with Directv and are willing to wait you will get the world offered almost immediately after you cancel. Maybe a few days. If not then I'm sure Dish will satisfy your needs as long as that doesn't include sunday ticket. I see you would take care of that with the PS3.....

If you're really that happy with Directv and are willing to wait you will get the world offered almost immediately after you cancel. Maybe a few days. If not then I'm sure Dish will satisfy your needs as long as that doesn't include sunday ticket. I see you would take care of that with the PS3.....

Yeah good point. I'll probably cancel tomorrow, but if they come back after a few days with a good offer I can cancel the Dish install. I've had Dish in the past with no major gripes, but I've been very pleased with DirecTV thus far. Sunday Ticket is really nice to have, but not a must have for me. I do really like the Hopper features, especially over what I have currently (HR23). If they don't give me a Genie upgrade that could be the deal breaker.

Last edited:
Yeah good point. I'll probably cancel tomorrow, but if they come back after a few days with a good offer I can cancel the Dish install. I've had Dish in the past with no major gripes, but I've been very pleased with DirecTV thus far. Sunday Ticket is really nice to have, but not a must have for me. I do really like the Hopper features, especially over what I have currently (HR23). If they don't give me a Genie upgrade that could be the deal breaker.

have you tried talking with retention? They might help you out with any any discounts or free upgrades, but it all depends on your history for paying on time and years of service. Try the cancel service prompt in the automated system if you haven't tried already.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

have you tried talking with retention? They might help you out with any any discounts or free upgrades, but it all depends on your history for paying on time and years of service. Try the cancel service prompt in the automated system if you haven't tried already.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Yeah I spoke to retention when I called. I'm set up for autopay so I've never had a late payment, and I even paid full price for NFL ST last year. I was very polite and asked to confirm my contract was up, then said I was considering cancelling and wanted to know if they had any offers for existing customers. The rep was nice and checked, but only came back with a little off ST. After asking about equipment upgrades or possible bill discounts, he ony offered an HD DVR upgrade (non Genie) and no discounts. So all and all their retention offer was pretty worthless. Not a big deal. DirecTV has to make money, but I can't justify staying with DirecTV using old equipment at the price I'm paying.

Yeah I spoke to retention when I called. I'm set up for autopay so I've never had a late payment, and I even paid full price for NFL ST last year. I was very polite and asked to confirm my contract was up, then said I was considering cancelling and wanted to know if they had any offers for existing customers. The rep was nice and checked, but only came back with a little off ST. After asking about equipment upgrades or possible bill discounts, he ony offered an HD DVR upgrade (non Genie) and no discounts. So all and all their retention offer was pretty worthless. Not a big deal. DirecTV has to make money, but I can't justify staying with DirecTV using old equipment at the price I'm paying.

try again
it's kinda like getting a girl to dance with you sometimes
good luck

ps. wait till monday. it's free this weekend

Last edited:
Called, got ST+Max for half off, was paying something like $137/mo for my package and 3 premiums, hung up after upgrading to premiere and paying $119/mo for 6 before ST. $150-something with ST installments for the next 4.

Most importantly, thanked her for her help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well I called this morning to actually cancel my service, and they threw the works at me. As many have said, you have to be willing to cancel on the spot sometimes to get them to budge. Ended up with NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free. $30 off my bill for 12 months. A Genie upgrade with free install. HBO/Cinemax/Stars free for 2 months. Because of the Genie upgrade, it extended my contract for 2 years, which is fine with me. They gave me every reason to stay.

I called and threaten to leave due to the size of my bill (I only have a single DVR - HR24-500 with the Premier Package and Protection Plan and always paid on time.) Well, they told me right away that I had a lot of credits available to me. When it was all said and done, they gave me $69 worth of credits...the fees waived were: $15 off of the Premier Fee/$10 Advanced Receiver Fee/$5 paperless billing/$10 sports package/$6 Primary TV Fee/$5 HBO/$5 Showtime/$5 Starz/$5 Cinemax/$3 for Whole Home DVR fee. Most of the waived fees are for 6 months, but $31 worth are for 12 months. Plus they gave me free Sunday Ticket with Red Zone and of course a free upgrade to an HR34-700 for an additional 2 year commitment. To say the least, you never know what you will get without asking....I love DirecTv! :)

Sunday Ticket Question

did any of the 4 o'clock games come in yet for this week? all i see is the 4 clock for next week

While theres only 2 4 pm (4:25) games scheduled this week, they haven't yet popped in the guide .... They will show up closed to Sunday.
thanks, i thought is was a little weird they have next week games but not the 2 for this week

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)