NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Time for my annual check-in re: NFL ST.

I called them up today and mentioned that I will already be getting 6 of the 16 games free because I'm in a secondary market and my favorite team was my home team, but I like the NFL ST because they sometimes give me better games than I would otherwise get.

While the rep & I were going back and forth, she did mention that I got the regular NFL ST free last year (during the Viacom dispute) so I know I lost some negotiation power there, but she offered half off for NFL ST Max for $147.96, then offered a one time bill credit of -$50, dropping it down to $97.96. She then said they could credit me -$60 ($10 x 6 months) for the DVR service, so that brought it down to essentially $38.99 for the NFL ST Max. I figured that would work for me, so I took it and was happy. I know others here got better deals, but I wanted people to know how my call worked out.

I also forgot to mention that I'm on auto pay and have been a customer for several years.

Better than that ?
I barely got anything and I have NEVER had a late bill, been with them since '05 and don't ask for much.

Are you sure you were getting the Retentions department (saying "Cancel" "Cancel" on the automated menu)? Ive never gotten anyone other than an American in Retentions, but just about every CSR Ive dealt with was foreign. Basically the people in Retentions are the higher-ups and/or managers of the CSR department, so they almost always are well-spoken. Thats been my experience anyhow.

Every time i called today i said "cancel" at the prompt, but was never asked again for the second "cancel", it just transferred me to the regular csr after the first one. normally i do the cancel-cancel routine, but it wouldn't let me today. the 4th call got me to what sounded like an American csr, and i was able to get to retentions after turning down his "deals". i have always got an American in retentions, but i have never had a foreign csr unless it was after hours or a weekend. maybe i've just been lucky.

and i don't want to sound like a jerk, i don't dislike foreign people or anything, i just dislike not being able to understand the person on the other end, especially when billing matters are concerned.

Better than that ?
I barely got anything and I have NEVER had a late bill, been with them since '05 and don't ask for much.

I just read the forums here to get ideas and play nice with the CSR's in retentions and they usually have been good to me.

I was able to get $30 off my bill for 12 months, plus free NFL Sunday Ticket. Sweet!

Called yesterday, asked for retention by saying cancel service at prompt. Ended up getting ST (basic, not max) for free and a Genie upgrade for $99.00 (including installation). For this I only had to agree to be a customer for 1 year. Not bad, I was willing to pay $100 for ST and was hoping for a discount on the Genie receiver and was able to get it for under $100.00.

I wonder how this Madden Anniversary free Sunday ticket MAX is going to work, if I already have the NFL Sunday ticket regular. I received the MAX for free last year and this included the RZ channel on my box and mobile devices. Once I activate the code that comes with Madden: AE will I be able to get the RZ on my box too. Probably not, but I will see if retention can hook me up with the RZ on the box for free this year.

I wonder how this Madden Anniversary free Sunday ticket MAX is going to work, if I already have the NFL Sunday ticket regular. I received the MAX for free last year and this included the RZ channel on my box and mobile devices. Once I activate the code that comes with Madden: AE will I be able to get the RZ on my box too. Probably not, but I will see if retention can hook me up with the RZ on the box for free this year.
Its just with mobile devices.

And computers. People at AVS claim it worked on PS3 last year too even though they said it wouldn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

email received last night that pre season games will be available on the APP for Max subscribers to validate that the new APP is functional. Anyone ever watch it on their laptop? I can only find apps for Ipad Iphone and androids ...

Called today, sounds like the free ST with a 1 year contract extension was available a week ago, but no longer. I got it down from $225 to $180, and I got Starz for 6 mo. and Showtime for 4 mo. to boot. I never had any intention of cancelling and I'm still on contract for a year, so we'll see how it shakes out next year.

Called today, sounds like the free ST with a 1 year contract extension was available a week ago, but no longer. I got it down from $225 to $180, and I got Starz for 6 mo. and Showtime for 4 mo. to boot. I never had any intention of cancelling and I'm still on contract for a year, so we'll see how it shakes out next year.

Yep, called today and got the same offer. I went ahead and cancelled Sunday Ticket and I'm considering calling tomorrow to cancel my service. My contract was up today and they wouldn't give me anything except a small ST discount. I was hoping to get a Genie upgrade with some discounts on my bill and ST. They offered to upgrade one of my receivers to an HD DVR, but no Genie. As much as I like DirecTV and NFL Sunday ticket, I can't justify paying what I pay now with the promotions and hardware Dish is offering. I'll likely switch to Dish to get the Hopper with Sling and their promotions. My plan is to just buy Madden 25 for the Sunday Ticket Promo so my wife can watch Giants games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts