NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sunday Ticket App

Sunday Ticket Max ads say that you can watch on your computer, tablet and mobile device. It doesn't specify where or how to get the app. I know for my Iphone I'd get the app through Itunes/ App store, but if I've got an HP laptop, how do I get the app for that?

Sunday Ticket Max ads say that you can watch on your computer, tablet and mobile device. It doesn't specify where or how to get the app. I know for my Iphone I'd get the app through Itunes/ App store, but if I've got an HP laptop, how do I get the app for that?
Usually it's available on the D* website.

Heres some info on the app.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl/app

Last edited:
Sorry for being a day late all, but the email we received basically said all packages are getting STM now and an additional 5bucks off. directv.com shows the offer nationally available. The retail deal through HSP Employees is slightly better, offers discounts for a 3rd year, but Im not spamming sales adds or anything like that. The only reason I wouldnt share info with anyone aside scott was because it came via a tech based email. Could lead to some pretty severe punishment in my case lol.

Another bit of fun information I received is a date for the c41w's (test markets only) but yea... more on that to come later haha.

Don't see anything yet on the website for a download maybe to early although the iPhone and iPad apps are available

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Don't see anything yet on the website for a download maybe to early although the iPhone and iPad apps are available

Typically, I think they come out about a week before the season starts.
I know the ST app for tablets was out last year and pretty much didn't do anything till the season started, I think it actiually told you to come back on such and such a date.

Just called in, have Sunday Ticket max. Basically got $20/month off. Sunday Ticket Max for $29.99/mo. Can't complain.

I could've sworn I had registered last year and had posted on this forum............

Anyway, called the Cust. Service line earlier this afternoon, didn't get offered much - $40/month for Max, $30/month for Basic; and told that I was being given "misinformation" if I had heard of any better deals for ST.

Called back and did the "cancel" thing, and had MUCH better luck.

Ended up with ST Max for $36.75/month, but with a $10/month credit for 6 months, so basically I'll be paying $87 for the whole thing.

Have been with DirecTV since mid 90's...currently have 4 HD DVR's and have subscribed to both MLB and NFL packages since day 1.

Just got off phone, and best offer I got was 6 payments of 38.99 for Max and a $50 one time credit. They also quoted me basic Sunday Ticket for 5/44.99 or 6/37.49.

I told them to go ahead and cancel if they couldn't do better than that.

Last year I got Max for 4/34.99 and several other programming discounts...only current discount I have is $10 off HD for 24 months.

Last edited:
Have been with DirecTV since mid 90's...currently have 4 HD DVR's and have subscribed to both MLB and NFL packages since day 1.

Just got off phone, and best offer I got was 6 payments of 38.99 for Max and a $50 one time credit. They also quoted me basic Sunday Ticket for 5/44.99 or 6/37.49.

Last year I got Max for 4/34.99 and several other programming discounts...only current discount I have is $10 off HD for 24 months.

You talked to the CSR, now call back and get ahold of Retention.

That sucks man. Just call back and ask for retentions. I called earlier this evening and asked the CSR if he could give me any discounts on ST Max and basically he said no, he has nothing to offer. I called back 5 minutes later, went to retentions and the lady gave me ST Max for 147.96, plus an additional $15 month credit for 12 months. So don't take no for an answer.

Also the 6 payments of 38.99 and a $50 one time discount is not bad for ST Max either.....IMO.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Holy sh*t! I got ST for free this year with RZ!
I called last month to cancel, they didn't offer me anything to keep the service, but the rep gave me $12 off for 12 months which I gladly took!
Now tonight I called, I was locked in a contract until 2015, so I was locked for 2 years anyways (Until January 2015). So all they did is renew my last year agreement, which is still until January 2015.
Also to add the cherry on the cake they even offered me $15 off for the next year (12 months).

I already have several discounts applied from January and last month, those will still be there!

My bill is going lower and I am going to get ST+RZ for free! WOOOT!

I called retention, told them I cancelled ST last month, but I was reconsidering adding ST again if they could provide me a deal, honestly after reading this thread I thought I'd probably get an X amount of money off monthly and be okay with that.
The first offer the rep gave me was free ST+$15 off for a year by just renewing my last year of contract! It did not add any additional time to my 2 year contract!

I am super stocked! This is the best deal I've gotten since the first year of ST which was for free!

Just an FYI:
I've been a customer for about 7 years now.
I've always paid my bills on time (auto pay).
I've always had the directv premier package since day one.
I order multiple PPV's every year (UFC/WWE).

My last bill paid was about $193 which was 3 days ago with about $31 in credits included.

BTW The deal I received this January: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/302792-Possible-to-get-the-new-Genie-receiver

?They gave me Genie+$200 gift card.

I've somehow always got a great deal from directv.

Last edited:
Holy sh*t! I got ST for free this year with RZ!
I called last month to cancel, they didn't offer me anything to keep the service, but the rep gave me $12 off for 12 months which I gladly took!
Now tonight I called, I was locked in a contract until 2015, so I was locked for 2 years anyways (Until January 2015). So all they did is renew my last year agreement, which is still until January 2015.
Also to add the cherry on the cake they even offered me $15 off for the next year (12 months).

I already have several discounts applied from January and last month, those will still be there!

My bill is going lower and I am going to get ST+RZ for free! WOOOT!

I called retention, told them I cancelled ST last month, but I was reconsidering adding ST again if they could provide me a deal, honestly after reading this thread I thought I'd probably get an X amount of money off monthly and be okay with that.
The first offer the rep gave me was free ST+$15 off for a year by just renewing my last year of contract! It did not add any additional time to my 2 year contract!

I am super stocked! This is the best deal I've gotten since the first year of ST which was for free!

Just an FYI:
I've been a customer for about 7 years now.
I've always paid my bills on time (auto pay).
I've always had the directv premier package since day one.
I order multiple PPV's every year (UFC/WWE).

My last bill paid was about $193 which was 3 days ago with about $31 in credits included.

BTW The deal I received this January: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/302792-Possible-to-get-the-new-Genie-receiver

?They gave me Genie+$200 gift card.

I've somehow always got a great deal from directv.

Cool,
Would you like to call in for me ? :D

If you got ST for Free the first year, it's really hard to beat that deal later !

I might try that friday when my bill is drafted out. I like calling an trying to get deals on pay day for direct lol I think I'm comming up out of contract soon an don't plan on leaving but I might give it a try!!!

A buddy of mine is getting Dtv. He doesn't watch football. Do you think that I'd be able to use his log in on my iPad to watch it at my house..?

Sunday Ticket App Canada

So I've subscribed to ST Max and downloaded the IPAD app through the US Itunes store. I wasn't able to get it from the Canadian store so I had to create a whole new account with my us Address to get it. Now that I've successfully downloaded the app, Will I have full use of it from within Canada or will it pick up that I am using my IPAD on a Canadian WIFI Router?

So it's that time of year again, and I wasn't sure if I'd get very far with Direct since getting the standard Sunday Ticket for free last year. But now in my third year with them, I wasn't getting any credits except the HD for life, and my bill has gone up pretty high. Using that as a bargaining chip, I did the "Cancel" "Cancel" thing and here's what I got:

Sunday Ticket MAX at $36.99 for 4 months
$20 credit for 12 months on my base package
$10 credit for 12 months on my DVR service
$3 credit for 3 months on my Whole Home service
$15 credit for 15 months on my base package (yes, this is a 2nd credit off that)
$5 off my HBO for 6 months
Free Starz for 6 months

My last bill: $147
The next 4 months: $125
The following 8 months after that: $88

Needless to say, I'm STOKED! Not only do I have the ST MAX but my bill went down and I got Starz to boot! I was on the phone about 15mins total, including hold time. The first offer they made was JUST 50% off ST and nothing more. I simply asked if there was anything she could do to make my bill not go up, and I got the entire kitchen thrown at me.

So, be persistent...but be nice. They can always do better than the first offer. I should note I've never been late on a bill, have the highest base package, plus 2 DVRs & 5 outlets total. If you're a good customer who buys a lot from them, they'll apparently roll out the red carpet for you. ?IT PAYS TO ASK! :)

A buddy of mine is getting Dtv. He doesn't watch football. Do you think that I'd be able to use his log in on my iPad to watch it at my house..?

Yes, its not technically "right" but you can use his login on ipad, PS3, or phone to watch. My buddy uses mine on his laptop

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)