NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I got the ST Max for about $ 200, best I could do for someone with very few existing credits and been with them since '05, kinda disappointing actually, but they knew I wasn't leaving.

Yes, its not technically "right" but you can use his login on ipad, PS3, or phone to watch. My buddy uses mine on his laptop
Thanks Jerry. I figured out that our bill is going up soon and I could not afford it so I had to cancel. My buddy called me yesterday asking for my account number because hes getting Dtv now.
Is the max part of what there giving with new subs?

I called over the weekend to see what I could do for 2013. I have been with DirecTV since 1994, but have switched accounts and this account is circa 2007. I cannot recall the last time I actually paid for ST, as I usually get it for free after calling each year.

Current setup:

Choice Xtra package
HD discount
$15 discount
Whole Home DVR
5 Receivers
Under contract until 11/2014

This weekends call resulted in very little. I did the cancel/cancel to get retention, advised I wanted to cancel and the best offer I got was ST Max for $180 (29.99/mo 6mos), plus they reminded me cancellation fee would be $280. I said no thanks and hung up.

I called in again today. I added today that I decided to go with Red Zone only and figured I would save $$ if I just switched to DISH and gave up on the NFLST due to price and maybe come back to DTV next year when ST would be free again. They instantly offered me ST MAX for free if I would stay. I asked if they had any premiums for the wife and they offered Showtime for 4 mos and STARZ for 6 mos. Also included a $10 bill credit for 1 year. Obviously, I could not say YES fast enough.

Based on previous posts and my weekend call, I was starting to get concerned that the free ST of the past was gone for good. It just looks like you have to get the right person to get it done.

Good luck to all!

Sometimes making sports conversations with certain reps, and naming a team that you follow constantly or a die hard pro football sports fan, would on occasion(but not guranteed) give you reduced discounts for ST maybe free. And depending on the state the rep is in and you correctly mention a team they follow if any, that could be a bonus for even better deals.

I called over the weekend to see what I could do for 2013. I have been with DirecTV since 1994, but have switched accounts and this account is circa 2007. I cannot recall the last time I actually paid for ST, as I usually get it for free after calling each year.

Current setup:

Choice Xtra package
HD discount
$15 discount
Whole Home DVR
5 Receivers
Under contract until 11/2014

This weekends call resulted in very little. I did the cancel/cancel to get retention, advised I wanted to cancel and the best offer I got was ST Max for $180 (29.99/mo 6mos), plus they reminded me cancellation fee would be $280. I said no thanks and hung up.

I called in again today. I added today that I decided to go with Red Zone only and figured I would save $$ if I just switched to DISH and gave up on the NFLST due to price and maybe come back to DTV next year when ST would be free again. They instantly offered me ST MAX for free if I would stay. I asked if they had any premiums for the wife and they offered Showtime for 4 mos and STARZ for 6 mos. Also included a $10 bill credit for 1 year. Obviously, I could not say YES fast enough.

Based on previous posts and my weekend call, I was starting to get concerned that the free ST of the past was gone for good. It just looks like you have to get the right person to get it done.

Good luck to all!

I was hoping to get down to the $ 180 you didn't like, I figured that was fair, but didn't get that far.
They kinda know I'm not going anywhere, but I suppose I could have cancelled the ST that I'm already authorized for and called back later to see what they would do.

@Jimbo, I'd suggest cancelling ST, then call a week after and then get a hold of retention and ask them that you are reconsidering adding ST, and ask them if they have any deals, I am sure they will work something out for you.

At least that's what I did.

On another note, here is the screenshot of my account and showed ST.

?

Attachments

• NFLST.png
    NFLST.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 260
@Jimbo, I'd suggest cancelling ST, then call a week after and then get a hold of retention and ask them that you are reconsidering adding ST, and ask them if they have any deals, I am sure they will work something out for you.

At least that's what I did.

On another note, here is the screenshot of my account and showed ST.

?

Thats an option ...

I've been reading through these posts and I'm wondering if they would do anything for people that are still under contract. I still have until February to go in my contract, so I am guessing that it's pointless to speak to retention since they know I'm not going anywhere (unless I pay the early fee, I guess) and it seems most of you are not under any contract and can walk when you want. I was just wondering if it's worth contacting them.

I have the premiere package plus international premium that costs another $25/mo along with auto-pay. Whole home HR34 with another HR24 - but have only been a subscriber since early 2012. I am wondering if I should cancel STM to control costs a little as it seems it's been auto-renewed with me being able to back out by Sept 8.

I've been reading through these posts and I'm wondering if they would do anything for people that are still under contract. I still have until February to go in my contract, so I am guessing that it's pointless to speak to retention since they know I'm not going anywhere (unless I pay the early fee, I guess) and it seems most of you are not under any contract and can walk when you want. I was just wondering if it's worth contacting them.

I have the premiere package plus international premium that costs another $25/mo along with auto-pay. Whole home HR34 with another HR24 - but have only been a subscriber since early 2012. I am wondering if I should cancel STM to control costs a little as it seems it's been auto-renewed with me being able to back out by Sept 8.
cancel now and see what they offer. and if you don't get a deal you like now call back after week 1 free preview.
if you don't try you will never know.
good luck

If you read my above post then you just answered your post. (http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/310015-NFL-Sunday-Ticket-2013?p=3231213#post3231213)
I was under contract, I signed a 2 year contract (extension) in January.
My contract expires in January 2015. Since it's a 2 year contract they could not extended it to another year, but what they did is they renewed my last year contract, contract date will not change at all.

I got ST for free by calling retention by asking them that I was considering re-signing up for ST, and see if they had any deals available and they gave me ST for free.

?

Thanks - yes I did notice your post as the one that was still under contract. HAHA - thanks to you and madmadmadworld I'm going to give it a try. Nothing to lose, that's for sure. You, though, seemed to have gotten an amazing deal. Nothing better than free!

I thought it was a waste for me too. My contract is up in may 2015. But I called anyways and got free ST, 20 off for 12 mos, and 15 off for 15 mos. All it did was extend my contract for a cpl months longer than original

I thought it was a waste for me too. My contract is up in may 2015. But I called anyways and got free ST, 20 off for 12 mos, and 15 off for 15 mos. All it did was extend my contract for a cpl months longer than original

That's funny because my contract ends on that date also, and I also got free Sunday Ticket Max version with 1 year contract, I didn't even say much on the phone since the rep immediately got the free ST on the computer screen and I answer yes or no to the agreement sports package basically, Only took 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Just got off the phone with retentions. First got to CSR who would only give me ST for 29.99/month. My contract ends Nov., 1 so i asked for someone in cancellations to discuss my contract terms. Was transferred to a really nice guy and we started talking pro and college football. He looked at the account and saw that I pay them a decent amount every month and on-time (this is key) and ended up giving me free ST with $45/month worth of credits each month as long as I extended to august of 2014. Well, that was a no brainer. He also said to call back next summer to get another deal on ST.

Time for my annual check-in re: NFL ST.

I called them up today and mentioned that I will already be getting 6 of the 16 games free because I'm in a secondary market and my favorite team was my home team, but I like the NFL ST because they sometimes give me better games than I would otherwise get.

While the rep & I were going back and forth, she did mention that I got the regular NFL ST free last year (during the Viacom dispute) so I know I lost some negotiation power there, but she offered half off for NFL ST Max for $147.96, then offered a one time bill credit of -$50, dropping it down to $97.96. She then said they could credit me -$60 ($10 x 6 months) for the DVR service, so that brought it down to essentially $38.99 for the NFL ST Max. I figured that would work for me, so I took it and was happy. I know others here got better deals, but I wanted people to know how my call worked out.

I also forgot to mention that I'm on auto pay and have been a customer for several years.

Last edited:
Got regular ST for free, and they included redzone. All i use is redzone, game mix, and the games themselves, so that should have me covered. agreed to 1 yr contract, but it only extended me by a couple days(still had 1 year left).

what was frustrating was getting foreign people i couldn't understand the first 3 times i called today. i don't care where someone is from, but if i can't understand them it's a pretty big issue. on the 4th call i finally got someone in America, and was done in about 15 mins.

Got regular ST for free, and they included redzone. All i use is redzone, game mix, and the games themselves, so that should have me covered. agreed to 1 yr contract, but it only extended me by a couple days(still had 1 year left). what was frustrating was getting foreign people i couldn't understand the first 3 times i called today. i don't care where someone is from, but if i can't understand them it's a pretty big issue. on the 4th call i finally got someone in America, and was done in about 15 mins.

Are you sure you were getting the Retentions department (saying "Cancel" "Cancel" on the automated menu)? Ive never gotten anyone other than an American in Retentions, but just about every CSR Ive dealt with was foreign. Basically the people in Retentions are the higher-ups and/or managers of the CSR department, so they almost always are well-spoken. Thats been my experience anyhow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)