NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My current bill shows this:

06/02 07/01 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Renewal Notice: No Payment Due 0.00

06/04 07/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan Renewal Notice: No Payment Due 0.00

07/02 07/01 NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 6 Payments 41.50

07/04 08/03 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan Renewal Notice: No Payment Due 0.00

I see the ST renew fee being posted this month, does the SF portion mean I am getting it free ?
Or has the SF billing just not kicked in yet ?

Jimbo

some people at dbstalk have reported receiving a SF charge this month. according to the email i received from directv last week, both charges were suppose to beging billing in july.

i'll wait until august and see what happens when my bill posts before i call them.

some people at dbstalk have reported receiving a SF charge this month. according to the email i received from directv last week, both charges were suppose to beging billing in july.

i'll wait until august and see what happens when my bill posts before i call them.

I was thinking this too, as I would hate to bring it up to thier attention and then they say I do have to pay for it, if they were planning to do it for free this year.

That said, I've also been told in previous years that (at the time anyways) SF was entirely seperate from ST, so if you don't order it (even though the ST renews) you won't have it .... not sure if its the same now as things tend to change from year to year.

Jimbo

I was thinking this too, as I would hate to bring it up to thier attention and then they say I do have to pay for it, if they were planning to do it for free this year.

Jimbo

absolutely agree with you 100 percent. although, people have called and asked. the csr's say they haven't heard one thing or another but are notating people's accounts that if charged, the charge should be dropped.

absolutely agree with you 100 percent. although, people have called and asked. the csr's say they haven't heard one thing or another but are notating people's accounts that if charged, the charge should be dropped.

Personally, I feel it's about time that the SF is INCLUDED when you buy these packages.
Or better yet, make two levels of HD ( The D* HD channels I talking about, not the sports subs now) Make the D* HD $ 9.99 like it is currently and make a seperate HD package like add $5 p/m and allow ALL HD to be had.
For example, we pay $ 9.99 currently for D* HD access, if we pay $ 14.99 we get D*'s HD and ALL Sports packages in HD, that way it covers the NFL as well as the MLB and NHL, I think that would be a fair way to set up new tiers, thus eliminating the added SF to each package.
I would imagine that this is far fetched in D*'s eyes as they would not make money from the seperate packages, but I think it should be included when you buy a package.
Those with SD sets still, are not effected by this, this way.

Jimbo

i think i would prefer to see the sports subs done either all sd or hd.......none of this charging extra if you want hd. this should especially become standard after the digital transition is completed.

you've already heard that all of the rsn's will become hd full-time during the first quarter of 2009. pretty soon sd isn't going to be an option!

Personally, I feel it's about time that the SF is INCLUDED when you buy these packages.
Or better yet, make two levels of HD ( The D* HD channels I talking about, not the sports subs now) Make the D* HD $ 9.99 like it is currently and make a seperate HD package like add $5 p/m and allow ALL HD to be had.
For example, we pay $ 9.99 currently for D* HD access, if we pay $ 14.99 we get D*'s HD and ALL Sports packages in HD, that way it covers the NFL as well as the MLB and NHL, I think that would be a fair way to set up new tiers, thus eliminating the added SF to each package.
I would imagine that this is far fetched in D*'s eyes as they would not make money from the seperate packages, but I think it should be included when you buy a package.
Those with SD sets still, are not effected by this, this way.

Jimbo

How far do you think if at all??? untill directv starts to have diffrent HD program package options? Maybe after the next expansion??

How far do you think if at all??? untill directv starts to have diffrent HD program package options? Maybe after the next expansion??

Well, they changed the style of thier packaging last year as the new subs were required to get a package that includes HD and DVR service if they have a HR20/21, maybe other rec's too. where once you had the option to drop the HD part if you wanted, that no longer is the case.

I would think they may be looking into this type of set up IF they are going take another step in the HD packaging world.
It just seems to make sense unless they want to continue to have seperate charges, but I think they are finally realizing that most with one type of programming needs to have the other as well to take full advantage of the programming.

I hope that made sense.

Jimbo

You can check activity since last bill which might show it.

Checking "Activity Since Last Bill" I see this and only this:

Attachments

• Cropper Capture[10].jpeg
    Cropper Capture[10].jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 156
Just a FYI..I have been trying to get Sunday Ticket with free Superfan for about a week now...no go..I then found this link & called stating I got an email with this info. I got it no questions asked..good luck

DIRECTV®

Checking "Activity Since Last Bill" I see this and only this:

have you noticed any activity on your account within the past 2 weeks indicating a 0.00 charge for SF? and the second place i would check is my account under setup. it will tell you everything you have......hardware, programming and sports subs. most are reporting seeing the charge for ST but seeing a 0.00 charge for SF!

have you noticed any activity on your account within the past 2 weeks indicating a 0.00 charge for SF? and the second place i would check is my account under setup. it will tell you everything you have......hardware, programming and sports subs. most are reporting seeing the charge for ST but seeing a 0.00 charge for SF!

I'll be keeping an eye on mine as of now, it may be free this year :)
That said, it could all be gone by August :rolleyes:

Jimbo

It worked!

Just a FYI..I have been trying to get Sunday Ticket with free Superfan for about a week now...no go..I then found this link & called stating I got an email with this info. I got it no questions asked..good l

I tried it and it worked awesomely.Got the 20 bucks off and free superfan!
Thanks for the help!!

Just a FYI..I have been trying to get Sunday Ticket with free Superfan for about a week now...no go..I then found this link & called stating I got an email with this info. I got it no questions asked..good l

I tried it and it worked awesomely.Got the 20 bucks off and free superfan!
Thanks for the help!!

Good to hear things worked out for you well.
Feel free to clickly Thanks :D

I had called earlier to cancel automatic renewal because they could not even give me proce for SF. No effort made to retain me. They may have pushed the envelope a little too much when people like me, who can afford it, cancel because (with watching in SD unacceptable option) the package is just too costly. Most people suscribe, I am sure, to watch one favorite team not routinely available. Can get to see your team a few times on national games. These prices too much to watch a dozen or so games.

After 5 yrs of ST/SF I bit the bullet and canceled it. The op didn't even offer anything just asked why and then canceled it. I went and looked at my very first bill and Sunday ticket was 4 payments of about $50. With all of the new NFL programming and games on the majors and NFL channel throughout the week now it was hard to catch it all and make it seem like I was getting my money's worth especially on Sundays. JMHO. Also maybe my @ss was getting too fat sitting on the couch all day drinking beer.:D

I'm looking to get a new 52" widescreen tv and BD player in the next month or so & that should be cool.

Just a FYI..I have been trying to get Sunday Ticket with free Superfan for about a week now...no go..I then found this link & called stating I got an email with this info. I got it no questions asked..good luck

DIRECTV®

I tried it too but was not allowed to add to my account until I added my locals.
I don't sub to my locals. I get those from Dish.

Just an update. I did receive my paper bill for July and it looks exactly like what I could see on my online account. Sunday Ticket is listed with a 41.50 charge and Super Fan is listed with a 0.00 charge.

have you noticed any activity on your account within the past 2 weeks indicating a 0.00 charge for SF?

No. The activity on my account is as I posted earlier. Everything listed there is dated 7/9 and hasn't changed even though I have received my paper bill for July.

and the second place i would check is my account under setup. it will tell you everything you have......hardware, programming and sports subs. most are reporting seeing the charge for ST but seeing a 0.00 charge for SF!

The "My Account" under "Setup" still looks like what I posted earlier as well. ST shows with a 41.50 charge and SF shows as 0.00.

I'll post if anything changes.

Mine actually has a charge for SF...and of course a credit. When I got them to waive the fee for SF, the CSR told me that I would see it listed on my bill, with a credit to even it out at zero. Thats what I got.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts