I would've had new enemy
E* picks up 2 new customers today

rkr0923 said:
and to think I was gonna refer a friend for the $100
that was a close one
I would've had new enemy
E* picks up 2 new customers today

Call Claude at Dishstore!

Just got off the phone with a CSR and was told that TNT-HD will be pulled EVERY Sunday until 8:pm until
football season ends this Winter.

Section D of the D* customer service agreement...
(d) Our Programming Changes. Many changing considerations affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and customer demand for it. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases, this notice will be about one month in advance. You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)) or other charges may apply. Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance.

Last edited:
They lied to me about a blackout on channel 95 for the FSN HD feed of a college football game whem I was getting the SD feed of the same freaking game when they obviously screwed up in programming their computer. I am a lawyer who just by chance from a case knows the FCC rule they were quoting me. So they gave me like 200 bucks to shut me up when I whigged out because I had a house full of people over to watch the game. What gives with corporate America and their communist like stupidity in the PR and customer service department? It's not just a DTV problem, believe me, but it is infuriating, if you think it will be anybetter over there you are wrong.

lost respect for D* today and I am not a nascar fan and hardly ever watch TNT HD and I do have the ST. But come on D* what the hell is going on over their...thought some one up there loved me?:river

Madtown HD Junkie said:
lost respect for D* today and I am not a nascar fan and hardly ever watch TNT HD and I do have the ST. But come on D* what the hell is going on over their...thought some one up there loved me?:river

Of course they love you since you have ST, they don't give a hoot about anyone else.

I just got off of the phone with retention. She told me that TNT HD will be off every Sunday afternoon for the NFL season and that TNT agreed to it. She gave me $10/month off for a year to make up for it.

bgsmallwood said:
Just got off the phone with a CSR and was told that TNT-HD will be pulled EVERY Sunday until 8:pm until
football season ends this Winter.

Section D of the D* customer service agreement...
(d) Our Programming Changes. Many changing considerations affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and customer demand for it. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases, this notice will be about one month in advance. You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)) or other charges may apply. Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance.

Where was the notice? There was none. This had nothing to do with any legitamate excuse about availability, cost of programming or anything they cite. This is the JD Power leader in Customer satisfaction? What morons are voting for that?

Q: How do you know this is a huge Fsck-up?

A: Its a five page D-bashing thread with no Charper post.

Well, as a DISH HD subscriber, I'll never have this problem, but I am a former DirecTV subscriber. Al I know is that if D* started to randomly pull my channels, especially when a HUGE sporting event is on, I'd be calling E* in a heartbeat.... oh wait, i already did.

Guys, you need to raise hell with D*. This is unheard of.

For the first time ever I'm thinking real hard about switching to E*. But a couple problems I would have if I switch. My market (Greensboro) isn't on E*'s list for HD LiL and their HD-DVR only has one OTA tuner. So I couldn't watch one network show and record another. That is a big deal to me since most of my HD watching is on network TV.

Also E*'s web site won't allow me to order 5 receivers, which I need. Maybe if I called E* they could allow 5 receivers.

They will most definitely let you have five receivers, but you might have to buy the fifth one. And yes, you'll have to call them to get the fifth. Also, check out Dishstore.net, a gold sponsor here. I've had nothing but the best customer service from them, and they'll get you what you need, at cheaper than DISH can.

bgsmallwood said:
This means that subscribers who pay for HD programming are NOT getting what they
are paying for at least in part. Talk about false advertising.

I was considering switching to E* anyway and this just tipped the scales for me.

I brought this up the the CSR and they said we are not paying for TNTHD we are paying for the HD package. She said they only advertise that they offer it, not that they offer it all the time. They said their contract they signed with TNT stated that they would not be carrying it on Sundays this fall.

Not at all happy about this situation here either and TOTALLY hot about not being able to see the first two races in the chase for the cup in HD. I mean come on TNT/DTV what kind of geniuses do you have to have to figure out this is a really really bad move? I did get $20 off for 6 months and the HD pak free for 4 months in my many calls and rantings to DTV retention but honestly I probably could have gotten that anyway since it's been a while since I've asked for anything.

GET THIS
Just got off the phone with a 2nd CSR to cancel my service and get return instructions to send
the H20 receiver back. This CSR says they aren't pulling TNT-HD or using it for NFL-ST.
Says it is just a problem they are having with the H20 receiver and they are broadcasting
on channel 75 right now. I tell him that my program guide says "TNT-HD returns at 8PM"
and he still says they aren't doing it.

Part 2: CSR says there will be a $175 cancellation fee on this receiver I have had for at
least 8 months now. Since I have been reading these forums I tell him not if I ship the
receiver back. He fumbles and bumbles reading for a bit and says OK but there will still
be a $20 fee and they will ship me prepaid packaging within the next week. He says they
are planning to add 150 HD channels within the next few months on the satellite they just
launched and a new one to be launched soon.

I don't know which one I am looking forward to the most:

NGC-HD, FOOD-HD, HGTV-HD
OR
not having to listen to the kind of drivel and BS I just got from this guy.

E* here I come.

JerryVolunteer said:
I brought this up the the CSR and they said we are not paying for TNTHD we are paying for the HD package. She said they only advertise that they offer it, not that they offer it all the time. They said their contract they signed with TNT stated that they would not be carrying it on Sundays this fall.

Any CSR that says that is just plain ignorant. "Sorry...you paid for the car not the gas pedal."

mecro said:
They will most definitely let you have five receivers, but you might have to buy the fifth one. And yes, you'll have to call them to get the fifth. Also, check out Dishstore.net, a gold sponsor here. I've had nothing but the best customer service from them, and they'll get you what you need, at cheaper than DISH can.
Ok, so that solves one of my problems but the lack of dual OTA tuners is a big sticking point. If the 622 had it I'd probably be calling E* today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)