No TNTHD for Sunday Ticket? TNT takes the Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Digital Dude said:
I can't wait to confront the DirecTV reps at CEDIA about this on Thursday.
Blast them for me please. As a 12-year D*/ST sub, this is the closest thing they have done to make me consider switching providers.

hancox said:
Hmmm - my 61.5-blocking tree isn't that many stories high, is it? LOL
Just so you know, Dish moved TNT-HD and the rest of the old HDPack channels to the 110° bird many moons ago. The Earth doesn't need to lose another tree...;)

I will be looking into switching providers tomorrow.
I called customer retention to voice my displeasure with how D* decided to pull TNT-HD during game time on Sunday's. I watch NASCAR and payed dearly to watch it in HD (cost of TV, DD5.1 system and D* HD package). I have no desire to get NFL ST. I get enough football over local networks.

I wanted compensation for their blunder. Was told NO CAN DO.
(BS lie#1): Informed representative that members of SatelliteGuys.US forum have already posted how they have been compensated. Representative informs me that since this is a forum, it's members are lying about their compensation. WTF, I found out about the TNT-HD blunder through this forum, that surely wasn't a lie.
I told the rep I will call back in five minutes, get a different rep and will get compensation. He tells me that won't work because he will put my account on Red Alert. At this point, I request to talk to his supervisor.

I voice my displeasure to her, having to explain bandwidth isssues as the reason for this problem. (BS lie#2): She informs me that it is a contract agreement with the NFL and TNT not to broadcast any HD during this time and D* has no control over this. I reply, if I had cable or Dish*, I would be watching NASCAR in HD next Sunday, so how is this not a D* issue.

At this point I remind her that her job is to keep me as a customer and she should do everything in her power to keep my business. She offers to deduct $5.00/month. I say not good enough, I pay $10.00/ month for the HD package
and Free HD package during football season should be the least they could do.
Sorry NO CAN DO.

My decision to drop D* is more due to the retention department's lying and condescending attitude than it's lack of desire to compensate me for a package that I pay for and D* no longer delivers.

I will inform all that I know not to ever get D*. Comcast or Dish CSR never treated me as bad as D*.

upnorth said:
I find it funny that those that are complaining over and over again are those that posted in the past saying TNT is nothing but stretch-o-vision and a waste of bandwidth.;)
Those that wanted TNT were the one that watch LIVE events, the LIVE events are damn good, no streatch o vision ...

Jimbo

r.jones1116 said:
I called customer retention to voice my displeasure with how D* decided to pull TNT-HD during game time on Sunday's. I watch NASCAR and payed dearly to watch it in HD (cost of TV, DD5.1 system and D* HD package). I have no desire to get NFL ST. I get enough football over local networks.

(BS lie#1): Informed representative that members of SatelliteGuys.US forum have already posted how they have been compensated. Representative informs me that since this is a forum, it's members are lying about their compensation. WTF, I found out about the TNT-HD blunder through this forum, that surely wasn't a lie.
I told the rep I will call back in five minutes, get a different rep and will get compensation. He tells me that won't work because he will put my account on Red Alert. At this point, I request to talk to his supervisor.

I voice my displeasure to her, having to explain bandwidth isssues as the reason for this problem. (BS lie#2): She informs me that it is a contract agreement with the NFL and TNT not to broadcast any HD during this time and D* has no control over this. I reply, if I had cable or Dish*, I would be watching NASCAR in HD next Sunday, so how is this not a D* issue.

At this point I remind her that her job is to keep me as a customer and she should do everything in her power to keep my business. She offers to deduct $5.00/month. I say not good enough, I pay $10.00/ month for the HD package
Sorry NO CAN DO.

My decision to drop D* is more due to the retention department's lying and condescending attitude than it's lack of desire to compensate me for a package that I pay for and D* no longer delivers.

I will inform all that I know not to ever get D*. Comcast or Dish CSR never treated me as bad as D*.

Let us know when you come back at t he end of '07, when you are fed up with DISH too.

IF you wander ove rtio the DISH forum you will see just as many unhappy people saying thier CSR 's stink too.
As for dropping the TNT HD for Sundays, we need to call D* all week and complain and also get ahold of TNT and see what gives.
IF enough people call , and point out that the NASCAR race is the top rating getter, they will make other arrangements (I hope).

IF TNT did make that deal, it was stubid on thier part.

Jimbo

bgsmallwood said:
GET THIS
Just got off the phone with a 2nd CSR to cancel my service and get return instructions to send
the H20 receiver back. This CSR says they aren't pulling TNT-HD or using it for NFL-ST.
Says it is just a problem they are having with the H20 receiver and they are broadcasting
on channel 75 right now. I tell him that my program guide says "TNT-HD returns at 8PM"
and he still says they aren't doing it.

Part 2: CSR says there will be a $175 cancellation fee on this receiver I have had for at
least 8 months now. Since I have been reading these forums I tell him not if I ship the
receiver back. He fumbles and bumbles reading for a bit and says OK but there will still
be a $20 fee and they will ship me prepaid packaging within the next week. He says they
are planning to add 150 HD channels within the next few months on the satellite they just
launched and a new one to be launched soon.

I don't know which one I am looking forward to the most:

NGC-HD, FOOD-HD, HGTV-HD
OR
not having to listen to the kind of drivel and BS I just got from this guy.

E* here I come.

call BS on the H20 statement I still have an H10 and it was off there too.

I could care less about Nascar, but they did "black out" my Ole Miss-Mizzou HD feed this weekend in Memphis and tried to feed me a line of crap about how the FCC made them do it and I knew they were lying and told them so as I had just reviewed the FCC rules on an unrelated matter for someone else. They compensated me for it. I only ask for compensation when I care about something. But you will get the same corporate double talk BS from Dish, don;t kid yourself.

geaux1 said:
I could care less about Nascar, but they did "black out" my Ole Miss-Mizzou HD feed this weekend in Memphis and tried to feed me a line of crap about how the FCC made them do it and I knew they were lying and told them so as I had just reviewed the FCC rules on an unrelated matter for someone else. They compensated me for it. I only ask for compensation when I care about something. But you will get the same corporate double talk BS from Dish, don;t kid yourself.
You people that called in to ask about this or that need to get past the 1st round of CSR's, you need to get to tear 2 or supervisors before you will get a somewhat accurate answer.

Ironically, I called D yesterday during the football games and did NOT wait i second on hold, I could not believe it, it rang and a live person answered the phone, no prompts asking questions ... I was calling about the HR20 not football issues.

Jimbo

I waited on hold during the footbal game I called to complain about, but it was about 2 minutes if that, they must be calling the regular line or were mad, when your mad 2 minutes can seem like 20.

Foxbat said:
Just so you know, Dish moved TNT-HD and the rest of the old HDPack channels to the 110° bird many moons ago. The Earth doesn't need to lose another tree...;)

...but, alas, not my locals :)

colebert said:
Q: How do you know this is a huge Fsck-up? A: Its a five page D-bashing thread with no Charper post.

Actually I was not yet around, and was a a friends house while this thread was growing and just now got through it all; but am in agreement that this is non-acceptable. I can roll with cutting off the HD PPV, and would rather see CD US gone before TNT (if it wasn't) but trust me, I too will call numerous times to inquire (because I had no opportunity to view/witness this first-hand) and voice my displeasure if it was the case.

geaux1 said:

Actually they are correct, DBS and cable companies do not make the BO rules, they only enforce what they are told to do.

This is funny you turned down a $5.00 credit a month for 8 hours of programming you lost that is worth 1.58 cents. And what you paid for your TV and surround sound has nothing to do with it that was your choice.:confused:

r.jones1116 said:

Sorry NO CAN DO.

Last edited:
Nope, not this time....

charper1 said:
Actually they are correct, DBS and cable companies do not make the BO rules, they only enforce what they are told to do.
True, but I know this was a lie, corporate double talk lie, because the HD feed was the same FSN channel I was getting, so it was not blacked out per FCC rules. they screwed up, I was on hold forever, they obviously realized it and were trying to come up with some BS story while I was on hold. That's the one they went with and I did not buy it and by their reaction I could tell I was right. They did not even try to explain how it worked, they knew I knew they were FOS. I worked for corporate America for over a decade, I know how they think.

charper1 said:
Actually I was not yet around, and was a a friends house while this thread was growing and just now got through it all; but am in agreement that this is non-acceptable. I can roll with cutting off the HD PPV, and would rather see CD US gone before TNT (if it wasn't) but trust me, I too will call numerous times to inquire (because I had no opportunity to view/witness this first-hand) and voice my displeasure if it was the case.

But ya gotta admit there charper1, colebert's post does deserve a nomination for funniest post of the week. :)

Depending on which CSR you get, you get both responses too. I think we'll have to wait until Sunday, to see if the ditch Nascar for NFL.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
So are they going to really turn off TNT-HD each week or just a one time deal? I have heard both.
------------
This is their reply to my e-mail....However, for TNT channel in HD, according to the broadcast center it will be preempted every Sunday for the NFL Sunday Ticket.
------------
It remains to be seen what they do, especially with the H/D NASCAR race next
Sunday...I would think they would pick on another channel, seeing the
uproar from the race fans!

I just taked to someone at Turner broadcast , which is a client of mine and I ask about TNT agreeing with this and they said they have not heard of it and wanted me to e-mail them a link to this site and what ever I can find and they will look into it for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)