No TNTHD for Sunday Ticket? TNT takes the Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
r.jones1116 said:
You're right on Sean. I'm not a lawyer but it appears to me that D* breeched their own contract:

Section D of the D* customer service agreement...
(d) Our Programming Changes. Many changing considerations affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and customer demand for it. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases, this notice will be about one month in advance. You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)) or other charges may apply. Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance.

I am glad you found it. This is what tells me that DirecTv has become more arrogant than ever by doing away with their own policy and changing programming without a notice. I am surprised that not one article has talked about their breach of contract with customers about the notification. I would bet that if it was the customer's fault they will be on the contract written policy all over to screw customers.

Well, I guess it is NASCAR on E* this week.

Good thing CBS West is only doing SD games this week. Next week I may have to get angry. :)

Last edited:
Sean Mota said:
I am glad you found it. This is what tells me that DirecTv has become more arrogant than ever by doing away with their own policy and changing programming without a notice. I am surprised that not one article has talked about their breach of contract with customers about the notification. I would bet that if it was the customer's fault they will be on the contract written policy all over to screw customers.

Actually bgsmallwood posted section D on page 4 of this topic.
If I wasn't so pissed at D*, I would LMAO at how they aren't even aware of their own contract verbage. I say all cancel and dare them to try to collect any cancellation fees. (insert middle finger icon here)

Sean Mota said:

Found what? A clause that says we can change our programming whenever we want. Oh by the way if you dont like it you can cancel but you will have to pay whatever fees apply!

No smoking gun there.

I wonder what would happen if D* said hey look a couple months ago the price of the HD package was $X for lets say Y number of HD stations. Now we have added TNT HD and your RSN HD so instead of Y stations you get Y +2 so now you have to pay $X plus additional fees for the extra channels.

Before I get accused of being a D* shill..look at my posts ...Im fair. I am mad as hell at the HD quality and the fact that I cant get a straight answer from D* CSR's or the Techs that come out.

I also dont begrudge any TNT HD fans for being miffed at this programming change.

I just dont see flaming or wacky lawsuits as a solution.

Im sure D* is sick over this. Thats why they are giving out free HD left and right to anyone who would call. Im sure their hands were tied from an engineering standpoint but they absolutley buthcered the way they handled it.

But flaming the coals of disention doesnt solve the problem.

What I particularly love about this thread is the E* people coming in with the holier than though preacher talk. The oh how could D* do this Id be so mad if I ws a D* sub.....woh watch out for the extra gasoline this thing is gonna flame up nice talk. Thanks we appreciate it.

Last edited:
No.. As much as I disagree with the TNT removal like everyone else; the VERB (they are not using the NOUN form) of the word means; either:

1: to strive to achieve or reach
2: to attempt by exertion of effort

Neither guarantees anything. Its the old form of "our best effort" it really means nothing contractually in the "etched in stone" context we are all looking for.

Last edited:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=63973

I have been told (actually the TechKnow team at forums.directv.com) have been told.... that the NASCAR event for the next two weeks 9/17 and 9/24 will be available in HD on DirecTV.

(Note, according to NASCAR.com; those are the last two events that TNT has coverage for)

I knew that did the HD PPV but never knew the SE HD channel was ever used at that time to begin with. But I have never noticed.

You (as forum users) and You (as caller's to DirecTV), have made a difference.

The NASCAR race will be available on DirecTV IN HD on 9/17 and 9/24

Right now those are the only two dates, future dates are still being, but according to the NASCAR schedule, those are the only two remaining ones on TNT-HD

I am still awaiting confirmation if they will be on the same TNT-HD channel, or if they will be else where.

Is this from D* or just someone who "has connections" so to speak..........I wanna hear it from D* or TNT before I believe anything.

Right now those are the only two dates, future dates are still being, but according to the NASCAR schedule, those are the only two remaining ones on TNT-HD

Uh, knew this all year, don't you have a schedule? That's not saying D* will show it just because it's on TNT-HD

rkr0923 said:
Y

Is this from D* or just someone who "has connections" so to speak..........I wanna hear it from D* or TNT before I believe anything.
Earl is pretty solid, I don't recall him ever missing on anything he's said. If he said it, I believe it.

charper1 said:
Like I said in the above post, that I never notice that channel anyway.

But charper1, that's where the Yankee games are in hd! :D ;)

Actually the information was posted in the TechKnow forum at forums.directv.com

So if anyone here is a TechKnow user over there, can confirm what I posted.

This information "didn't" come from my direct contact...

boston area dtv said:
Found what? A clause that says we can change our programming whenever we want. Oh by the way if you dont like it you can cancel but you will have to pay whatever fees apply!

No smoking gun there.

I wonder what would happen if D* said hey look a couple months ago the price of the HD package was $X for lets say Y number of HD stations. Now we have added TNT HD and your RSN HD so instead of Y stations you get Y +2 so now you have to pay $X plus additional fees for the extra channels.

Before I get accused of being a D* shill..look at my posts ...Im fair. I am mad as hell at the HD quality and the fact that I cant get a straight answer from D* CSR's or the Techs that come out.

I also dont begrudge any TNT HD fans for being miffed at this programming change.

I just dont see flaming or wacky lawsuits as a solution.

Im sure D* is sick over this. Thats why they are giving out free HD left and right to anyone who would call. Im sure their hands were tied from an engineering standpoint but they absolutley buthcered the way they handled it.

But flaming the coals of disention doesnt solve the problem.

What I particularly love about this thread is the E* people coming in with the holier than though preacher talk. The oh how could D* do this Id be so mad if I ws a D* sub.....woh watch out for the extra gasoline this thing is gonna flame up nice talk. Thanks we appreciate it.

Had DirecTv made an announcement prior dropping out the TNT HD, they could have avoided this and other complaints. It seems like you don't get that because you are so embeded in the DirecTv bucket. Anyone can see that this was a mistake in their part. There is no way to say that this was more than just STUPID; this was being ignorant. As you can see now they are trying to make up to customers. If customers did not complaint and communicated in a thread like this, nothing would have happened. Everyone in this thread who was fairly untreated by this mistake should have a voice. This applies to DirecTv or any other provider. Customers getting screwed by the Big Corporations is unacceptable here or anywhere. If thread like this help customers get a a fair treatment so be it... The fact remained that DirecTv screwed... not Dish and not cable.... Let's call it as it is.... A big STUPID MISTAKE that never should have been handled the way DirecTv handled it. Let's hope they make it up to customer by giving customers what they want which is what they are paying for.

Exactly Sean it was a stupid mistake. And I think everyone who was affected by D* stupid mistake should yell and scream about it.

However I dont appreciate people who granstand and pop in every once in a while to say told ya so.

Funny when rumor was that D* was going to launch RSN locals in HD on July 1st and it didnt happen there was Sean saying oh what happened guys no HD RSN too bad.

And I notice same thing now. Some people seem to have D* envy. You know the kind of guy that gripes about D*'s HD lite issue. Funny how you started a whole thread to defend E*'s HD lite.

This place is designed to solve issues and hear complaints and share our experiences. Having someone standing on the sidelines shaking there head saying I told you so gets annoying when that persons own house isnt in order. E* has plenty of issues.

If E* was the answer to D* then people would have switched already! But its not, it has its own problems!

Since you like E* and have E* enjoy it. Dont you think there are enough trolls on here without adding to it?

btw read my posts...Im ripped that D* cant solve my HD pq issues and have called and griped and written about them here.

Last edited:
raoul5788 said:
But charper1, that's where the Yankee games are in hd! :D ;)
Reference to channel 95

What !!!
Those Special Yankee fans get thier OWN channel ???
I think thats garbage ...
I want MY own channel too !!!:p

Jimbo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)