No TNTHD for Sunday Ticket? TNT takes the Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
offer was 6 months of $5 off bill.i said shove it up you ass.directv i got 2 words for ya!!!!!!!!!

suck it!!!!!!!!! :up:D

Do you think that this will affect TNT for only part of the NFL season?

Weeks 1,2, 10,11 are the only weeks will full schedules for the weekend.

The other weeks either have bye weeks for teams, or Thursday or Saturday games that wont have D* stressing for bandwidth.

Another question is Week 1's NFL schedule was loaded with 1 PM EST games.
Week 2's schedule has the NFL games dispersed between one and four will that make a difference?

Some may say it is extreme but I am a man of principle and D* has left the building. I will keep checking this forum to see what is going on in D* land but when they turn off channels without telling me that is the last straw. Have them till the 18th then Dish here I come. gl to all.

LOBO2999 said:
I just taked to someone at Turner broadcast , which is a client of mine and I ask about TNT agreeing with this and they said they have not heard of it and wanted me to e-mail them a link to this site and what ever I can find and they will look into it for me.
----------------
I find it incredible to believe that TNT was not aware of any prior agreement
with D* over this.............
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=8406920&&#post8406920

I would be even more shocked that no one in the know at TNT or Time Warner didn't know that their TNT - DirecTV feed to customers was off for an extended period of time.

if TNT HD was not aware of this, TNT has the right to sue as their ads client will require money back from them. I am sure there is an agreement somewhere. However, this is still not the point. Who cares about the agreement. The point here is that you do not turn off channels without prior notification to subscribers.

Oh I agree 110%, I just say its shocking that anyone in the know at TNT/TW never noticed their channel was off the air. You would think someone on the program provider side is always watching.

On thing has become very clear over all this, in fact set in stone if you will, DirecTV will not be adding any MPEG2 HD national channels before football is over with in January.

Meanwhile, Dish has been adding them like rabbits....

Sean Mota said:
if TNT HD was not aware of this, TNT has the right to sue as their ads client will require money back from them. I am sure there is an agreement somewhere. However, this is still not the point. Who cares about the agreement. The point here is that you do not turn off channels without prior notification to subscribers.

You're right on Sean. I'm not a lawyer but it appears to me that D* breeched their own contract:

Section D of the D* customer service agreement...
(d) Our Programming Changes. Many changing considerations affect the availability, cost and quality of programming and customer demand for it. Accordingly, we must reserve the unrestricted right to change, rearrange, add or delete our programming packages, the selections in those packages, our prices, and any other Service we offer, at any time. We will endeavor to notify you of any change that is within our reasonable control and its effective date. In most cases, this notice will be about one month in advance. You always have the right to cancel your Service, in whole or in part, if you do not accept the change (see Section 5). If you cancel your Service, a deactivation fee (described in Sections 2 & 5(b)) or other charges may apply. Credits, if any, to your account will be posted as described in Section 5. If you do not cancel, your continued receipt of our Service will constitute acceptance.

Fgsilva said:
I thought they were only gonna pull out TNT HD on sunday? Last night it was completely gone! :mad:

You might have to add it back into your favorites list, I know I had to on a HR10-250

no biggie. I have it anyway on Dish! :D But still, that' s not cool that D* is doing that. I called this morning retention and all the guy could do was to "file the complaint" with corporate, blah, blah, blah.

rad said:
You might have to add it back into your favorites list, I know I had to on a HR10-250

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)