No TNTHD for Sunday Ticket? TNT takes the Hit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Digital Dude said:
I just got off the phone with DirecTV about this. I was polite and told them I didn't appreciate them taking HD NASCAR off to placate ST users. They said they doen't discout customers bills for "minor inconvieniences like this.

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVEABLE!!!!
I called retention and complained. The CSR gave me credit for this month of HD programing. She told me that they were unaware that DTV was removing this channel for ST and agreed this was not a "minor inconvenience":mad: :mad: :mad:

this is way worser than them dam weather radars blockin half of dale jr.'s car.screw directv.waited on u to get tnt, now you take it away.you should have admitted that this was the case.in the chase now, and any nascar parties out there planned with tnthd in mind our now terminated.think of all the beer that will not be consumed because of this.u suck directv!!!!!big time!!!!!!!i hate youu!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Tom B said:
I'll bet they didn't even bother to point out to you that the NASCAR race was last night.

I know, but next Sunday is. I have a propensity to brevity when I type.

I also called and complain about this. I spoke to a tier II rep before they even knew what was going on. they said this would happen every Sunday through the end of the NFL regular season. They apologized and gave me the HD pack for free through January. I told them that I still did not agree with the way this was handled.

Tom B said:
I'll bet they didn't even bother to point out to you that the NASCAR race was last night.
What about next week when they do the same thing. Then people will miss the NASCAR race in HD. I don't see what will change between now and next week that will keep this from happening again. D* won't suddenly find additional bandwidth that wasn't available this week. If not TNT-HD next week then maybe some other channel. UHD, Discovery HD, HDNET. Maybe they can make a game out of it. HD Roulette. :mad:

giveuspurehd said:
this is way worser than them dam weather radars blockin half of dale jr.'s car.screw directv.waited on u to get tnt, now you take it away.you should have admitted that this was the case.in the chase now, and any nascar parties out there planned with tnthd in mind our now terminated.think of all the beer that will not be consumed because of this.u suck directv!!!!!big time!!!!!!!i hate youu!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

eek7.gif

freak3.gif

This means that subscribers who pay for HD programming are NOT getting what they
are paying for at least in part. Talk about false advertising.

I was considering switching to E* anyway and this just tipped the scales for me.

uncrules said:
What about next week when they do the same thing. Then people will miss the NASCAR race in HD. I don't see what will change between now and next week that will keep this from happening again. D* won't suddenly find additional bandwidth that wasn't available this week. If not TNT-HD next week then maybe some other channel. UHD, Discovery HD, HDNET. Maybe they can make a game out of it. HD Roulette. :mad:
I thinkD* feels there are not enough NASCAR fans , compaired to NFL to change it..
I think IF we all call thru out the week and inquire about the importance about the race on TNT, they could move it to a different channel and return TNT HD., but it would require a lot of people calling ...
Maybe they could take it over to channel 95 as there is NOTHING scheduled for 95 today at all.

Jimbo

I think this is total b.s. I am a ST and SF sub, but in no way, shape, or form should they be turning off HD channelsfor ST. Not everyone is a football fan, so what will it be next week, HDNet? D* is starting to turn into a nickel and dime company and it makes me sick. I am not a huge NASCAR fan, but I do like to turn on the race and see who is leading, but I won't be during football season I guess. I am now going to seriously give Dish Network a chance. I'll keep d* for ST.

Jimbos said:
I thinkD* feels there are not enough NASCAR fans , compaired to NFL to change it..

Jimbo

That is so totally NOT the point. HD subscribers are paying for TNT-HD, the D* programming
link on their website lists it, it is part of the agreed upon programming when a customer subscribes
to HD programming, it is one of the channels that a customer evaluates when deciding whether to
go with D* or E*. So for D* mismanagement to arbitrarily pull a chanel from the lineup with no
advance notice is misleading, unfair, and smacks of dishonest business practice.

Tomorrow morning I am switching to E* or cable. I don't do business with people who
can't keep their word. Wouldn't be able to trust them in the future.

Ok this is nuts..... Lets see here.... The Official Satellite Provider of NASCAR decides to preempt the first 2 weeks of the Chase (20%) in HD , even though HD pak customers are paying for the channel, even though the DTV parent is one of the main NASCAR broadcast partners, they do this without warning and when you ask about it, as we have come to expect, the CSR's are clueless about what is happening.

We have got to do something about this. PLEASE email or call or both, EVERYONE involved in this situation.

You can Email:

TNT at tnt@turner.com

Call DirecTv at 1-800-494-4388

Email DirecTv by using the contact us link on the web site at www.directv.com

Call NASCAR at 386-253-0611

Last edited:
D* is screwed. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. No one could possibly defend what they are doing. I'll never go to cable, but Dish is a definate possibility.

Just got off the phone with a CSR and she said it was this week only....LOL right
First she wasn't aware it wasn't on and then said the game was blacked out in my area.........like a game was on TNT....what idiots

bgilga said:
D* is screwed. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. No one could possibly defend what they are doing. I'll never go to cable, but Dish is a definate possibility.
This is only the 1st week, who knows where they may move stuff next week to acomadate Nascar.
We need to call and let them know we need the TNT-HD channel, maybe they can use UHD, it's normally old shows anyways.

Jimbo

rkr0923 said:
Just got off the phone with a CSR and she said it was this week only....LOL right
First she wasn't aware it wasn't on and then said the game was blacked out in my area.........like a game was on TNT....what idiots
OH, If you happen to go back to TNT-HD you will see that there IS a NFL game in HD on there as we speak , er type...

Jimbo

if your a ST holder I guess
but I'm not so I have nothing....I would have TNTHD if it wasn't for ST
btw, just went through the ST games and alot, and I mean ALOT are "not available in my area"
blacked out or whatever.........so what good is ST to me..........it isn't!

Last edited:
I emailed TNT and D* to complain about this situation. It should be interesting to see what each has to say about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)