Note from DirecTV to Customers Regarding Versus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
And what happens to NBC Universal programming on D* if Comcrap does end up with ownership of NBC Universal????

Nothing until the contacts for channels come up for renewal. Then it's either they negotiate a new contract or the channel(s) are removed.

I find it interesting that I left Comcast for satellite due to lack of what I considered to be value for the price. Now a large corporation has a problem with what may be considered the same thing. I would like to know the real numbers but if 14 out of 75 million are now not seeing the NHL due to a cost problem, that is substantial. Not good for NHL business I would not think. Not to mention the people advertisers are now not reaching during broadcasts. I think it will be resolved but not before the truth is exposed. Someone may not be looking too good by the time this is over.

I just realized the Blues/Red Wings season opener is on Versus :( Ugh

We had Universal Sports in HD during the Olympics, so why is it not in HD now??????????? The PQ is very Crappy on Universal Sports right now

We had Universal Sports in HD during the Olympics, so why is it not in HD now??????????? The PQ is very Crappy on Universal Sports right now

Different channel. What was on during the Olympics was Universal HD. The channel that is on D* now is Universal SPORTS, which is intended as a digital OTA subchannel for NBC affiliates. The PQ is crappy because the channel itself is crappy, we FTA'ers see the master feed on C-band, its unscrambled, and it looks terrible there too...so it isn't D* doing it, in this case. :cool:

There is always Buffalo Wild Wings in a pinch -- they had a Versus feed up in the bar this evening.
I wonder if they'd let me install a Slingbox temporarily? :D This is incredibly frustrating, though. I switched from the local cable provider to DirecTV mainly because the cable co didn't carry FS-MW, and now DirecTV has no VS. I can't win. heh

That's a fantastic thought that hadn't crossed my mind, though. I might have to slip away from work to watch a period!

I wonder if they'd let me install a Slingbox temporarily? :D This is incredibly frustrating, though. I switched from the local cable provider to DirecTV mainly because the cable co didn't carry FS-MW, and now DirecTV has no VS. I can't win. heh

That's a fantastic thought that hadn't crossed my mind, though. I might have to slip away from work to watch a period!

why not both?

i have several customers that do both cable and D*

why not both?

i have several customers that do both cable and D*
To be frank, I'm being stubborn and shouldn't have to shell out extra for two services.

The whole point I signed with DirecTV is so I could get FS-MW, ESPN, and VS all in one place for the Blues games. Now VS is gone. If I do any switching at all, it would be from DirecTV to Dish to once again get all of the channels.

However, as disappointed as I am, I'm getting more level headed as I get older (though I'm not old--so I'm pretty hot tempered still!). I'll hold out for a few weeks, hoping to see the contract re-negotiated in that timeframe.

Eh, you know what'll happen then. You'll get hooked up with a 2 year commitment with dish and then comcast will pull versus off of them as well ;)

I suppose all you folks have written to the sports leagues and to your local congresscritters about this situation that prevents you from watching your sports programming? There was plenty of political action around the NFL's decision to air the Pats/Giants final game of the season a couple of years ago only on the NFL network.

Uhhh I hope not as I have versus with Uverse, And Fios carry's it too. I really wish comcast would gett off of there butt's with the exclusive CLTV / tribune (chicago land tv) agreement they have. They just lanched in HD too (CLTVHD).
No logger comcrap only and comcast DOES NOT HAVE IT HD.

new info on there web site
CLTV on
49377758.jpg

As of Thursday , October 1st, Comcast cable customers need digital cable service to watch CLTV. CLTV continues to be available on the same channel numbers on digital cable throughout the Chicago area and Northwest Indiana.
Click here to find the Comcast channel number in your community.
Click here or call 1-866-594-1234 to upgrade to Comcast digital cable, or to add Comcast service.

CLTV on RCN
RCN customers will soon be able to watch CLTV in many Chicago neighborhoods, including East Rogers Park, Edgewater, Andersonville, Wrigleyville, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, River North and Gold Coast, as well as portions of the neighboring suburbs of Lincolnwood and Skokie.
Click here or call 1-800-RING-RCN to learn more about subscribing to RCN.

CLTV on other cable, satellite and video systems
Watch for additional announcements on how you can watch CLTV in Chicagoland, or call your video provider and request CLTV.

49376613.jpg

CLTV is now producing local news in HD out of new facilities at WGN-TV in Chicago. Stay tuned for announcements on how you can watch CLTV in HD in your home, or contact your video provider and request CLTV in HD.

Where To Find CLTV - CLTV

and I e-mailed them asking about it on direct tv and they said they are working on it and to contack direct tv to request it. If you want it request it as well.

Too funny! I just saw a Comcast commercial during the Redskins broadcast (CBS) stating that "DirecTV has dropped Versus" and to call "1-888-888-3778" to get Versus back on DirecTV. I am not sure who is right or wrong in this dispute (probably both are culpable), but Comcast is taking DirecTV to the woodshed when it comes to PR, and having the NHL behind Comcast/Versus does not bode well for DirecTV.

I guess thats a fair and accurate statement. Directv could have paid the bill and continued to offer the channel, but elected to drop it instead.

Of course, it'd also be a fair statement for Directv to say that Comcast is being unfair to Directv with regards to the pricing, wants too much money for the channel and that Directv isnt willing to pass on the costs to their customers.

Of course, it'd also be a fair statement for Directv to say that Comcast is being unfair to Directv with regards to the pricing, wants too much money for the channel and that Directv isnt willing to pass on the costs to their customers.

Only if you read DTV's spin. They're ranting and raving about this outrageous increase and spouting off how it's 20%. What they don't say is that it's really $0.04 per subscriber and they're not looking to hold down anything except their own cost.

By pushing it into the sports pack, anyone that wants it will have to pay $13/month or so and for the 6-8 million subs that don't DTV, won't have to pay a dime. So they save somewhere around 1-1.5 million a month and increase their bottom line with new sports pack subscribers.

This is money grab by DirecTV. Plain and simple. To be honest I'm shocked that a company that has consistently overpaid for sports programming is nickel and diming on this one channel.

One thing for sure, they are losing the PR war badly. I'd be a lot more sympathetic if they just came out and told the truth.

This is the argument I have a problem with. Depending on which report you read, they want to either bump it from $0.21/mo to $0.26/mo per subscriber or from $0.30/mo to $0.36/mo. So we're talking about 5 or 6 cents.

This is why I find it lame: DirecTV had no problems pushing a $3/mo price increase on every subscriber back in March citing increased programming costs as the reason for doing so. Now that a contract is up for renewal and there is going to be a price increase they took the channel down? Where did that extra $3/mo go? It's not like every channel was up for a contract renewal this year so most of the prices remain fixed. Does anyone really think that for the first time ever next March they won't increase prices again?

It's not like Versus is an expensive network when it comes to sports. ESPN demands about $3.50/mo per subscriber, TNT gets about $1/mo, and Versus is somewhere between $0.20 - $0.30, and is only available in the top basic programming package for DirecTV (Choice Xtra).

I guess I'm just glad that the last time I was a big hockey fan, Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito were still in their prime.

But even now Universal Sports is no longer a channel offered I asked to a CSR a few days and he said the only reason Universal Sports was on the AIR was that we can watch the La Vuelta a España.. And now the channel is gone…. T he commentators they had, had no clue what they where taking about half the time…

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)