Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is the official press release from VOOM on tommorow nights Mike Tyson fight.

Remember who told you about the Tyson fight in HD first. :D

Attachments

• VOOM Tyson 7-28_1.doc
    100.5 KB · Views: 285
How can Voom give the fight away for free? There are fees that E & D must pay for each person that pays the $50.00 thru them.

Don King has money invested in Voom, so I guess he gives Voom the Ok to show his fights for free, and hope to encourage more people to try Voom, as well as, give US something to brag about.

I for one have a buddy in Orlando who is paying for the fight from his cable service, and throwing a party, when it's all done, the conversation will go like this.

Bud: "Yo did you see that fight? It was nice!"
Me: "Yeah man it was nice, did you catch it in HD"
Bud: "Yeah, I think so, but it didn't look any different than standard channels" (cable in his area blows I have no idea why he stays with them)
Me: " You remember how those HD channels looked at my house when you came over? "
Bud: "Yeah man, but I ain't paying all that money to have satellite" (our bills are $25 different a month, I have VaVaVoom he only has HBO with his cable, but connects cable to all his TVs all 4)

Me: "Yeah well I got the fight in HD, and free"
Bud: "You bastard."

Isn't Danny Williams affiliated with Don King? I know Tyson and King had a falling out, but still, it's listed as a Showtime production. If Don King isn't affiliated at all, I wonder how Voom pulled off free viewing for it's subscribers?

Dvlos said:
Isn't Danny Williams affiliated with Don King? I know Tyson and King had a falling out, but still, it's listed as a Showtime production. If Don King isn't affiliated at all, I wonder how Voom pulled off free viewing for it's subscribers?

Well, you know since Voom only has about 12 subscribers left, Showtime said they didn't mind ;)

I still say its a birthday present for me! (Or maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Dvlos said:
... I for one have a buddy in Orlando who is paying for the fight from his cable service, and throwing a party, when it's all done, the conversation will go like this.

Bud: "Yeah, I think so, but it didn't look any different than standard channels" (cable in his area blows I have no idea why he stays with them)
Me: " You remember how those HD channels looked at my house when you came over? ...QUOTE]

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. There is a reason why your "buddy" is still on Brighthouse.

Brighthouse in Orlando is one of the best cable providers in this country.
They just upgraded their fiber optic network, besides providing one of the fastest broadband services they provide fantastic HD PQ.

Dvlos said:
Don King has money invested in Voom, so I guess he gives Voom the Ok to show his fights for free, and hope to encourage more people to try Voom, as well as, give US something to brag about.

I for one have a buddy in Orlando who is paying for the fight from his cable service, and throwing a party, when it's all done, the conversation will go like this.

Me: " You remember how those HD channels looked at my house when you came over? "
Bud: "Yeah man, but I ain't paying all that money to have satellite" (our bills are $25 different a month, I have VaVaVoom he only has HBO with his cable, but connects cable to all his TVs all 4)

Me: "Yeah well I got the fight in HD, and free"
Bud: "You bastard."
Ask Bud if he has a long roll of RG6.

I'll be watching tonight....I invited some people over and am looking foward to this perk that VOOM is giving all of us. While everyone else pays 45 to 50 bucks for this fight all of us VOOmers will see it for free. I think thats great....and Im not even a Tyson fan.

vinnyv07 said:
and Im not even a Tyson fan.
Vin, I don't think anybody is a Tyson fan. I think most of us watch to see if Tyson will lose. A Tyson-anti-fan if you will. :D Personally, I think this will be a great fight. Williams is known for KO's. Not TKO's and/or decisions.

Scubasoul said:
Dvlos said:
Brighthouse in Orlando is one of the best cable providers in this country.
They just upgraded their fiber optic network, besides providing one of the fastest broadband services they provide fantastic HD PQ.

It depends where you live, Time Warner has done a decent job of upgrading the main lines to fiber op, which not every cable company does. Brighthouse has continued that, but it depends where you live in Central Florida, there are still plenty of places with not so great service mind you. Aside from HDNET I prefer Voom or even Dish's PQ. Only bad thing is weather, it can knock out Sat. but doesn't affect cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)