Officially LOST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
iBoston....Were you able to pick up NK World on 16 at TP: 12036 H 26666

Too FUNNY. Actually watching it now! (Wabi Sabi) Yes - Nice strong signal. Ps. Is there a place that posts just changes.. Ie , new or removed channels. I cannot remember where i heard about RTnews and NHK world.

IBoston....I think you will be fine with the Amiko mini HD SE...or wait until you get the Amiko 3.

IBoston, here's the elevation and declination angle table for a SG2100, if you end up needing it.

img052.jpg img053.jpg

You might be off a little in the azimuth rather than elevation and declination too, you could try changing your USALS latitude and longitude settings in your receiver slightly and see if that makes a difference. Just write down what it's set at now so you can set it back if you need to! :)

On my SG2100 if I put in my exact Lat/Long settings it was a little off, I had to play around with it and the settings that worked were close to the right Lat/Long but not spot on, I'd noticed that my SG2100 never landed right on zero if I sent the dish to the zero position, it was 4 degrees or so off, which is probably why. That new LNB should make a difference for the better.

Reactions: iBoston
Why is there a declination setting for the SG2100?
With the Stab 90HH all you do for the USALS install is set the motor to your latitude and that's it.

Why is there a declination setting for the SG2100?
With the Stab 90HH all you do for the USALS install is set the motor to your latitude and that's it.

For the USALS software, it's just Lat and Long settings. With the hardware, when the dish is first mounted onto the motor, the motor elevation is set according to the chart and your latitude and then declination angle on the dish itself is 30 minus the declination angle in the chart. The motor itself has a elevation scale and so does the dish, so both need to be set. Does the Stab 90HH not have an elevation scale on it?

I myself hate the SG2100, it's been very problematic and I'm buying something else, my SG2100 is currently in my spare parts/scrap pile. I've read a lot of good things about Stab motors.

The only setting on the Stab 90 is a scale to set the latitude for your location. Thats it.
The dish elevation is set to max Q at the closest sat to true south.

Reactions: . Raine
Update : I have ordered the GEOSATpro 120 cm / 48 inch / 1.2 M Satellite Dish. This is when i will do my serious tweaking. I spent very little money on the first setup, and i think that is what is burning me. I have noticed that the dish that i have has large dents in it. I am suspecting this might be one of my problems for reception. I also had the Skybox F5 receiver. Great little receiver with exception to two problems. The darn thing kept locking up and the IR receiver stinks! So, i bought the Aniko Mini HD SE. They Skybox changed channels quicker, and had some nice features. But....

I put the Titanium LNB in. By its self, i notice no improvement in quality or intensity of signal. I am not expecting the new dish for a week or two, so once that comes in, and i get it installed i will update you all. Thanks EVERYONE for your posts and ideas for help. It is appreciated!

Good for you iBoston....Only if my wife would allow me to just buy another dish.

She will, but I have to install it on my new "Dog" house; if you catch my drift.

I think once you get all that stuff set up, you're going to be quite pleased.

Update : I have ordered the GEOSATpro 120 cm / 48 inch / 1.2 M Satellite Dish. This is when i will do my serious tweaking. I spent very little money on the first setup, and i think that is what is burning me. I have noticed that the dish that i have has large dents in it. I am suspecting this might be one of my problems for reception. I also had the Skybox F5 receiver. Great little receiver with exception to two problems. The darn thing kept locking up and the IR receiver stinks! So, i bought the Aniko Mini HD SE. They Skybox changed channels quicker, and had some nice features. But....

I put the Titanium LNB in. By its self, i notice no improvement in quality or intensity of signal. I am not expecting the new dish for a week or two, so once that comes in, and i get it installed i will update you all. Thanks EVERYONE for your posts and ideas for help. It is appreciated!

Dents in the dish will affect its reception. My spare test 33" dish fell over a number of times and was damaged. In my attempts to re-align it, I think I made matters worse. It does work, but a royal pain to set up. Its pointed at 125W but not doing well.

FWIW: if you want to motorize the 1.2m dish when it arrives i don't think your sg2100 will handle it you might need a different motor like a DG380 or a stab120

Reactions: jorgek
FWIW: if you want to motorize the 1.2m dish when it arrives i don't think your sg2100 will handle it you might need a different motor like a DG380 or a stab120

Can you send me some links to these units and who is the manufacturer?

In for a penny, in for a pound. - I've ordered the DG380.

What is the declination angle of the DG380? For the SG2100 - I subtracted 30 degrees.
Wait until you get the dish as there is instructions on how to set the dish elevation for a motorized setup as the you have to install the elevation bracket upside down to install on a motor.
the main thing I have learned here about setting up motors is be sure the motor bracket is set as close to 180° true south and you won't have any other issues after setting your latitude on the motor other then that and dish elevation there are no other things to set

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts