Officially LOST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
with the 1.2 meter and the dg380 set the motor bracket as close to 180 degrees on a compass as you can then set the motor elevation to your latitude 47 degree set the dish elevation bracket once attached to the motor to 23-23.5 degrees then after tighten the motor bracket where there is some movement hook up a tv and the amiko close to the dish then drive the dish to 89w and turn the whole motor assemble until you acquire quality from there wrench tighten the motor bracket only then push up and pull down on the dish and adjust the dish left to right until you get max quality then wrench tighten the dish and enjoy watching as you should get the whole arc you can see. you can do the above steps with your current dish and set the dish elevation to 28 degrees
dont worry about the declination angle as your not setting up a polar mount

Attachments

• www.sadoun.com_Sat_Products_PowerTech_SADOUN_DG240_User_Manual.pdf
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,117
Reactions: jorgek
with the 1.2 meter and the dg380 set the motor bracket as close to 180 degrees on a compass as you can then set the motor elevation to your latitude 47 degree set the dish elevation bracket once attached to the motor to 23-23.5 degrees then after tighten the motor bracket where there is some movement hook up a tv and the amiko close to the dish then drive the dish to 89w and turn the whole motor assemble until you acquire quality from there wrench tighten the motor bracket only then push up and pull down on the dish and adjust the dish left to right until you get max quality then wrench tighten the dish and enjoy watching as you should get the whole arc you can see. you can do the above steps with your current dish and set the dish elevation to 28 degrees
dont worry about the declination angle as your not setting up a polar mount

I am a wee bit confused on a couple points. First off, the manual page you sent, is for the DG240? Still okay? I am a bit confused when you said to set the elevation to 23-23.5 for the 1.2 dish. The PDF manual says 28 degrees? Is it something specific to the 1.2 dish, that it changes?

I am a wee bit confused on a couple points. First off, the manual page you sent, is for the DG240? Still okay? I am a bit confused when you said to set the elevation to 23-23.5 for the 1.2 dish. The PDF manual says 28 degrees? Is it something specific to the 1.2 dish, that it changes?
The geosat pro 1.2 dish butterfly and elevation bracket for a motorized setup are installed upside down so you subtract 4.5° from the dish elevation of 28° to compensate for the brackets being upside down as for the chart showing a different motor the dg240 handles smaller lighter dishes but the chart is still applicable to the DG380 motor

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: iBoston
IBoston,
In the upper right hand corner of the dish assembly manual (actually one page) there is a note re the
4.5° adjustment to compensate for the upside down installation.

Reactions: iBoston and jmc98
I know it sounds like I'm jumping the gun a little bit being i haven't yet received it, but it's nice to have all the information ahead of time to have it all make sense in my head. Thank you very much jmc98 for that explanation.

I know it sounds like I'm jumping the gun a little bit being i haven't yet received it, but it's nice to have all the information ahead of time to have it all make sense in my head. Thank you very much jmc98 for that explanation.

And yes, no lies here, it can be a pain to get set up. Sometimes literally -- it's nice to have someone help hold the dish while connecting it up to a perfectly level motor/mast :) Otherwise, it feels like wrestling with a wild animal.

Reactions: jmc98
My luck STINKS. So, i ordered the DG380 from Sadoun from the link i was sent. They shipped me a different model and stated that they will no longer have the DG380. He said he should have called me, but didn't and that the motor they shipped me will have to be returned, and they will give me a credit back!!!!

I cannot believe they sent me out something i didn't order..

On the plus side, he was friendly and sent me a pre paid fedex label to send it back.

I have now ordered the HH120, which is coming from Canada. Ugh! So, what will be the proper elevation to set the dish for this motor??

I had a similar experience With Sadoun several months ago. I ordered a DG380. also. He called me, though, offering to send an SG6100 instead. I said yes, but wish I hadn't. I have a DG280 for 5+ years on a 90cm. Both from Sadoun. I'll be watching to see how you fare with the HH120 from Canada.

I had a similar experience With Sadoun several months ago. I ordered a DG380. also. He called me, though, offering to send an SG6100 instead. I said yes, but wish I hadn't. I have a DG280 for 5+ years on a 90cm. Both from Sadoun. I'll be watching to see how you fare with the HH120 from Canada.
Me too! I ordered his complete 6' c band system last year then found out that he longer has all the parts of the system available (no polar mount plus a few hardware parts not available). He said he would most likely not be getting any more, yet I was just on the site about a week ago and he still listed the system for sale almost a year later!o_O Not sure what's up with that?:what

Funny, I got the motor today, re-packaged it and sending it off tomorrow. He is shipping it direct from me to another customer. He sent me the Stab HH90

I have now ordered the HH120, which is coming from Canada. Ugh! So, what will be the proper elevation to set the dish for this motor??
Dish elevation stays the same at 23° for your location but I am not sure if the 1.2m bracket needs to be reversed for the stab hh120 or not

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't even see the HH90 as in stock. Perfect timing that he had a home for it so quick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)