Ohio State vs Michigan

Only four days 'till my Big Prediction...

Well, I have decided to leave BCS politics alone until after the big game...and until the season has been played out. I don't like the BCS because someone usually gets the shaft, and I don't like the playoff system because football is not basketball. These kids are in college to get an education...not just play football every weekend.

Having said that...
umosu.gif

USC is the key to the BCS title matchup. I don't think Florida will get past the SEC title game.

If USC wins out, they're in.
If they lose to either Notre Dame or Cal, they're out.
If ND beats them, ND is in.
If they lose to Cal and beat ND, OSU and Michigan play twice, regardless of who wins Saturday.

Sorry Rutgers, great game Thursday night, but you were too low in the polls when the season started. Go cry with Tommy Tuberville.

USC is the key to the BCS title matchup. I don't think Florida will get past the SEC title game.

If USC wins out, they're in.
If they lose to either Notre Dame or Cal, they're out.
If ND beats them, ND is in.
If they lose to Cal and beat ND, OSU and Michigan play twice, regardless of who wins Saturday.

Sorry Rutgers, great game Thursday night, but you were too low in the polls when the season started. Go cry with Tommy Tuberville.

What about Arkansas? They are currently are in the top 7 and still have to play LSU and possibly a SEC championship game. Those two games would sure bump them up in the rankings. It would still take a USC loss to be able to make this happen.

If Michigan beats OSU then I would hate to see ND make it to the title game. I personally don't think you should have to play a team that you beat in the championship.

How would a (potential) 1 loss Ohio State team be rated any lower than any other 1 loss team ?
If USC or ND was in the same position, I can assure you they would not drop below # 2. If previous years I am refering to, not nessasaraly this year.

Bukeyes lose and watch them end up at about #8, they always get dropped drastically whenever they lose.

Jimbo

How would a (potential) 1 loss Ohio State team be rated any lower than any other 1 loss team ?
If USC or ND was in the same position, I can assure you they would not drop below # 2. If previous years I am refering to, not nessasaraly this year.

Bukeyes lose and watch them end up at about #8, they always get dropped drastically whenever they lose.

Jimbo

It's losing this late in the season that would kill them....I don't think they would drop no lower than 4th...now if it's really close game...who knows what the polsters will do. But if they lose, they will drop to 3, at least that is MY thinking...IF Michicgan loses, they'll drop to 4 or 5. Again, can you honestly blame Rutgers for not deserving a title shot IF they go undefeated?? That is why this BCS system is SO bad....but the networks and the universities will never change that golden goose. I still think the 2 keys is Florida and Rutgers...if they win out...it could get really ugly.

I'd like to see Boise vs Rutgers in a bowl game. Offense vs defense, West vs East, 1 lame conference vs 1 lame conference...

On a side note, too bad it's the week of THE game. The parties, hootin' and hollerin', and celebrations aren't being covered tonight.

the BJ's FINALLY fired Gallant!

On a side note, too bad it's the week of THE game. The parties, hootin' and hollerin', and celebrations aren't being covered tonight.

the BJ's FINALLY fired Gallant!

Maybe that WHY they waited till this week, so it would get done without too much notice.
I liked Gallant, as a player, but I don't know if he wiill ever do much as a coach, maybe he can get a chance as something else in the hockey world.

FYI, He was one side of Steve Yzerman's FIRST Line Shift, thats right ...
He was a very good line mate and a star with the Rd Wings (in his time)

Jimbo

O-H-I-O !

Michigan has officially become Ohio State's B I T C H ! Jim Tressel O W N S you!

If you're a doubter, let's look at some facts from this year's NFL Draft...

5 Buckeyes drafted in 1st round
0 Wolverines drafted 1st round

7 Buckeyes drafted on 1st Day
0 Wolverines drafted on 1st Day

No. 5 = Highest drafted Buckeye
No. 107 = Highest drafted Wolverine

9 Buckeyes drafted in all
3 Wolverines drafted in all

The University of Western Michigan had more 1st day draft picks than Michigan. The University of Syracuse had more draft picks than Michigan.

Michigan has lost 5 of their last 6 bowl games.

Do I even need to mention Jim Tressel's record vs. UM? Buckeyes are 4-1 under Tressel.

O W N E D ! ! !

Thanks for sharing Ice on Sodom. Personally, I find it hard to dislike Tressel...he's very matter-of-fact, businesslike, professionally attired, and coiffed. What's not to like? Anyway, besides being jealous of Michigan having the #1 Fight Song and the #1 coolest looking helmets, I think I found the root-cause for your misguided enthusiasm...it's called Pigskin Envy:

1 Michigan 0.74421 849 280 36 1165
2 Notre Dame 0.74352 811 266 42 1119
3 Texas 0.71697 803 307 33 1143
4 Alabama 0.71154 774 301 43 1118
5 Oklahoma 0.71110 755 291 53 1099
6 Ohio State 0.70985 774 301 52 1127
7 Nebraska 0.70654 801 321 40 1162
8 Southern Cal 0.69954 732 299 54 1085
9 Tennessee 0.69479 759 318 55 1132
10 Penn State 0.68750 771 339 42 1152

Michigan vs. Ohio State 57(W) 39(L) 6(T)

How can you say Michigan has the #1 fight song when the Buckeyes have such a classic school song as this, written in the 30's.

Songs of The Ohio State University

I Wanna Go Back to Ohio State

I wanna go back to Ohio State
To old Columbus town,
To the stadium to hear the band,
By far the finest in the land,
I wanna go back to Ohio State
To old Columbus town,
I wanna go back,
I gotta go back,
To Ohio
Ohio, Ohio
The hills send back the cry [O - H!]
We're here to do or die [I - O!]
Ohio, Ohio
We'll win the game or know the reason why!
And when we win the game, we'll buy a keg of booze!
And we'll drink to old Ohio,
'Til we wobble in our shoes!

Ohio, Ohio
We'll win the game or know the reason why!

What would the Michigan version be? I suppose something like this..

I wanna go back to Michigan
to old PCU in A squared
To the Staduim to smoke a dube
we decriminalized it in the 70's,
I wanna go back to Michigan
to old PCU in A squared,
I wanna go back,
and sleep with another fat,
hairy feminist!
Michigan, Michigan,
There's some more toxic waste
dumped here for 100 years by
the auto industry!
And if we win the game, we'll get up on our soapbox,
and stick our noses in the air because Political Correctness
gives us a false sense of superiorty!
Michigan, Michigan,
Lets jump in our Volvo and get the Hell out of here!

I await your return salvo!

Thanks for sharing Ice on Sodom. Personally, I find it hard to dislike Tressel...he's very matter-of-fact, businesslike, professionally attired, and coiffed. What's not to like? Anyway, besides being jealous of Michigan having the #1 Fight Song and the #1 coolest looking helmets, I think I found the root-cause for your misguided enthusiasm...it's called Pigskin Envy:

1 Michigan 0.74421 849 280 36 1165
2 Notre Dame 0.74352 811 266 42 1119
3 Texas 0.71697 803 307 33 1143
4 Alabama 0.71154 774 301 43 1118
5 Oklahoma 0.71110 755 291 53 1099
6 Ohio State 0.70985 774 301 52 1127
7 Nebraska 0.70654 801 321 40 1162
8 Southern Cal 0.69954 732 299 54 1085
9 Tennessee 0.69479 759 318 55 1132
10 Penn State 0.68750 771 339 42 1152

Michigan vs. Ohio State 57(W) 39(L) 6(T)

Ya, who's stupid computer would do this ?
Someone that has NO IDEA
Oklahoma and Alabama aren't even in the top 10

Lets look at the Ohio State / Mich record since Bo came in, that is when the real rivalry started.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Michigan's fight song is better but OSU has the best damn band in the land. It is nice to see them do script Ohio in the big house and tattoo Ohio onto Michigan's field.

Michigan's fight song is better but OSU has the best damn band in the land. It is nice to see them do script Ohio in the big house and tattoo Ohio onto Michigan's field.

I gotta say...Michigan has a cool ass fight song...but best band in the land??!! Apparently you have NOT gone to some of the south's finer black colleges that would put those other bands to shame...:yes :hatsoff:

That's pretty funny Digital Dude...just wish I had time to punish you and your misguided minions with terse-verse and light-hearted limerick. Unfortunately, I have to drive into the District shortly and meet with a client. Anyway, I suppose living in Ohio is punishment enough.;)

0HI0 - the only state that starts and ends with a big zero.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts