Osmio 4K Clock Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I also set: "Sync NTP every" = 5 minutes, "NTP cold start" = ON, and "Use RTC time from deep standby" = ON

Mine is also hard-wired ethernet directly to my router. Perhaps you should also check in your router admin settings, to make sure your routers time is also set correctly.
Same here except for the hard wire connection.

Double-check those settings to make SURE they are set. I checked mine yesterday, and found out they reverted to defaults, and my time was going to random times again. It likely happened at the last TNAP download update, and I never noticed then.
I did have to reset those settings. My Webif GUI settings changed also and I reset them. Now I'm monitoring but haven't seen any time problems for about 12 hours but I don't sit here looking at the display every second of the day.

I'm the original poster of this thread, and yes the clock problem has returned in the newest release. It was fixed at one time but is broken again. Standing by for updates.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: LocutusOfBorg
I'm the original poster of this thread, and yes the clock problem has returned in the newest release. It was fixed at one time but is broken again. Standing by for updates.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Just reset those settings I mentioned above in post #2 and post #14, and you'll be all set again.

I rebooted both of my osmio4k boxes and now they show UTC time instead of local time and it was a 1970 date. The settings haven't changed. When I manually told the box to sync with the NTP server the correct date and time got set.

I rebooted both of my osmio4k boxes and now they show UTC time instead of local time and it was a 1970 date. The settings haven't changed. When I manually told the box to sync with the NTP server the correct date and time got set.
Mine is staying perfect with: time.google.com along with the other settings I mentioned in a post here turned ON. My Mio is hard-wired to my router, which sits about two feet above it on the top of the tv stand. My chair faces the whole thing, and the clock on the front is in my full view at all times when I'm sitting here watching tv. So, at the few times it's gone weird, I've usually caught it every time fairly quickly.

Ugh, the problems with software updates. It's always a double edged sword. You fix some things, you break others, and you have to relearn things. There is a reason Im running 10+ year old Linux versions. Once i find it works, i don't mess with it.

Same with my STB. I'm running some obscure Firmware for my DreamBox that is about 5 years old. I stopped updating, because i was able to modify the scripts and add stuff and remove stuff and finally got it tweaked so its working exactly as i need it. I don't need some "updated and new and improved" firmware mucking with all that. - Yea, I'm getting old and set in my ways...

Ugh, the problems with software updates. It's always a double edged sword. You fix some things, you break others, and you have to relearn things. There is a reason Im running 10+ year old Linux versions. Once i find it works, i don't mess with it.

Same with my STB. I'm running some obscure Firmware for my DreamBox that is about 5 years old. I stopped updating, because i was able to modify the scripts and add stuff and remove stuff and finally got it tweaked so its working exactly as i need it. I don't need some "updated and new and improved" firmware mucking with all that. - Yea, I'm getting old and set in my ways...
But you end up missing out on new features.

My osmio time is still erratic and blindscan isn't working properly either especially on 101W. I'm currently using TNAP 4 dated 06-02-2021 but I see there's a new one out dated 06-17-2021. I just installed it on one of my osmio's so I'll see if it fixes those issues. Looks like blindscan didn't pick up Movies! on 101W though. So I scanned for transponders and 3928 did show up - then I scanned just that transponder and picked up Movies!. Well I spoke too soon. It says Movies but Decades shows up instead. Looks like the T2MI issue again.

My osmio time is still erratic and blindscan isn't working properly either especially on 101W. I'm currently using TNAP 4 dated 06-02-2021 but I see there's a new one out dated 06-17-2021. I just installed it on one of my osmio's so I'll see if it fixes those issues. Looks like blindscan didn't pick up Movies! on 101W though. So I scanned for transponders and 3928 did show up - then I scanned just that transponder and picked up Movies!. Well I spoke too soon. It says Movies but Decades shows up instead. Looks like the T2MI issue again.
You really need to post these issues on Legitfta, or they'll never get fixed.

My Mio's time is changing all over the place also. It corrects itself when it reaches the 5 minute resync time, but doesn't keep time anymore like it should. I haven't loaded anything image-wise in a month or two, so not sure why this is now happening. Anyway, I found this thread at Legit, and EB claims that when this happens on an image that was updated via online updates, it MUST then be re-install via USB with the complete image. Talk about it starts at post #16:

Now I'm having trouble with setting timers. I click on "SAVE" but it doesn't get saved.

Does anybody KNOW a C-band transponder, maybe on 99W or 101W that has perfect time? If so, can you give me the specs on which one? I don't have time right now to reflash the whole image via USB.

Huh, I figured out how to change the time sync to "Transponder", and am using the Bars & Tone AFN 3900V on 99w, BUT, I can't figure out how to set it as a "start-up" time sync, or if there's a way to have it automatically go to that transponder, and sync time by itself?

Anybody know how to do that with TNAP 4.0?

Does anybody KNOW a C-band transponder, maybe on 99W or 101W that has perfect time? If so, can you give me the specs on which one? I don't have time right now to reflash the whole image via USB.
I'm not sure if I have the latest release. I couldn't figure out how to navigate legitfta to get the latest version. I currently have the 6-17-2021 image installed but it shows "develop" in parenthesis.

I'm not sure if I have the latest release. I couldn't figure out how to navigate legitfta to get the latest version. I currently have the 6-17-2021 image installed but it shows "develop" in parenthesis.
I know I don't have the latest release, (at least one back minimum) and my NTP time won't stick anymore either, just out of the blue after months of being perfect, it suddenly goes off to random times by itself.

Huh, I figured out how to change the time sync to "Transponder", and am using the Bars & Tone AFN 3900V on 99w, BUT, I can't figure out how to set it as a "start-up" time sync, or if there's a way to have it automatically go to that transponder, and sync time by itself?

Anybody know how to do that with TNAP 4.0?
johnnynobody Try this for your Time sync.

First, go to 99W, and scan in the AFN 3900 V DVB-S2 8psk 27500 2/3. One of them is called: "Bars & Tone". Save that one to a Bouquet, and use it for the Startup Service, as it keeps perfect time. You'll also have to change the settings in the Time screen to "Transponder" from "NTP".

I used the "Page +" key on TNAP to go to the Bars & Tone channel, and then followed the Wiki to select it as a Startup Service "Also on Standby".

johnnynobody Try this for your Time sync.

First, go to 99W, and scan in the AFN 3900 V DVB-S2 8psk 27500 2/3. One of them is called: "Bars & Tone". Save that one to a Bouquet, and use it for the Startup Service, as it keeps perfect time. You'll also have to change the settings in the Time screen to "Transponder" from "NTP".

I used the "Page +" key on TNAP to go to the Bars & Tone channel, and then followed the Wiki to select it as a Startup Service "Also on Standby".
Done. Does that mean the dish will move to AFN when I put the receiver in standby?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)