Osmio 4K Clock Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
El Bandido has explained you must edit your Settings file to remove any old references to SystemTime. See his comment on legitfta. One user has tried and it has solved the time accuracy issue. I have these old references in my Settings file so I will edit and try the clock again.

Too busy right now with the Olympics closing ceremony about to begin.
I will double-check this when I finally update to TNAP 4.1

Within an hour, the clock failed again with the receiver on standby. But...arlo's mention of deep standby made me think. I've never used deep standby. So I tried it. Deep standby shuts down the receiver completely, no clock on the receiver display, only a lit red LED to show power is connected. When you turn the receiver on, it's like a cold reboot of a PC. A normal restart is only a warm reboot. And the receiver must check time/date via the Internet after a deep standby restart since both time and date are correct.

I don't think the settings file is fully read if you only do a normal restart. You must do a deep standby restart. The reason I know is I activated a new parameter called startup_to_standby. This makes the receiver stay in standby on restart instead of receiving the last used transponder. This feature controlled by a settings file parameter only worked after I did a deep standby restart.

El Bandido has explained you must edit your Settings file to remove any old references to SystemTime. See his comment on legitfta. One user has tried and it has solved the time accuracy issue. I have these old references in my Settings file so I will edit and try the clock again.

Too busy right now with the Olympics closing ceremony about to begin.
So, I have to roll back to 4.0, remove the setting and then reflash 4.1?

So, I have to roll back to 4.0, remove the setting and then reflash 4.1?
After you flashed to 4.1, did you then do it CLEAN, or restore your previous backup settings? I'm getting that restoring the previous backup settings, ALSO restores that old version of the file, with the time references that are now obsolete.

If so, that means that a FRESH load of TNAP 4.1 in a different slot, then setup manually from SCRATCH, would likely be fine.

I did not restore my own settings. I did restore using Dreamset all my satellite channels scanned. So I recreated fresh the information contained in settings. However, the settings file distributed with 4.1 last week apparently had some SystemTime entries. Going forward, future downloads of 4.1 will have a clean settings file. I ended up with 4.1 in slot 3 and I still have 4.0 in slot 2. I try to keep slot 1 available since slot 1 is where a USB memory stick will force an image if you must load from a memory stick.

I upgraded to the latest version (TNAP 4.1 Aug 15) and this image has resolved my time issue. I can power off to standby and I am confident after using it for a couple days that the time will remain accurate.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Titanium
I want to add a note here to confirm my date/time problem on my Mio+ remains. I spent hours communicating with EB yesterday, upgrading the image, etc. This morning, I hadn't been sitting in my living room for more than 10 minutes when I witnessed the front panel clock suddenly change by about 3 hours.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
I want to add a note here to confirm my date/time problem on my Mio+ remains. I spent hours communicating with EB yesterday, upgrading the image, etc. This morning, I hadn't been sitting in my living room for more than 10 minutes when I witnessed the front panel clock suddenly change by about 3 hours.

I tested TNAP 4.1 against OpenPli 8.1 and and 4.1 does a better job with the ntp time. That being said Openpli recommends using a startup service to keep accurate time not the internet. TNAP based on Openpli.

Last edited:
I've tested several other images (OpenATV, PurE2) and so far none of them have had any problems with the time. I did install the test version of TNAP 4.1 yesterday, but I didn't leave it running as the blind scan seemed to still be less accurate than other images. I have no idea what's going on, whether it's hardware or software (but if it's hardware, why does it misbehave more with some images than others?) There was, in fact, a period when TNAP wouldn't scan any horizontal transponders, at all, when other images would. After rebooting a few times, it started picking up horizontal transponders, but would still miss transponders that other images found. I just don't get it! I can't completely rule out a hardware problem, but why does every other image seem to perform better no matter what?

Reactions: primestar31

cyberham Willing to try just ONE more test scenario? Do you have 1 empty image slot? Load TNAP 4.1 from scratch, with NO backup or restore of any of your old channels, etc.

Scan in just one sat, whichever you'd like. Set it to use NTP time, and go into Standby, etc. Then see what happens...

In other words, the very basic of setup you can do, just to see what happens with the time creep, and IF it still exists. Because it beats me, as my receiver on NTP time kept perfect time for well over a YEAR before it suddenly started with the random issues. I've never been able to fix it, except by changing it to Transponder time, and Startup service on Bars & Tone channel on 99w as my "park" channel.

I now have changed it back to NTP time (5 minute resync), BUT, left Bars & Tone channel as a startup service. Thinking that this hybrid may be the best of worlds for the moment.

How did you set a 5 minute resync? I don't see where you can configure that.
I'm still running TNAP 4.0, which has that feature, I haven't upgraded to TNAP 4.1, and won't as long as it's beta. I was the beta tester for the orginial TNAP, but ATM, I just don't have the patience anymore to be a complete new image beta tester. It's a LOT of work and time, and loading/testing/checking micro changes from E.B.

I just want it to work, and watch tv, lol.

So far, the clock seems stable. I'm proceeding to scan in fresh all satellites across the arc. I won't restore any old files (settings, channels, bouquets).

IF it stays perfect, make sure you post that over at Legit. Give it some days though, just in case.

cyberham

Additional check to try for this test: Have your receiver parked on a transponder that does NOT have proper time set on it.

I've observed that TNAP appears to want to keep synced to transponder time, even in Standby, no matter IF it's set to use NTP time only.

So, even IF it's set to NTP time, IF you are also on a transponder with improper configured time, it'll go off to whatever it likes at random because it'll sync to the improperly set transponder time over NTP time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)