OTA adapter on the Edision OS MIO 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are there other adapters that are compatible with the osmio4k? The audio quality that I get from the 955q has a lot of background white noise.
I use the Hauppauge tuner for XBox consoles. Supposedly a 955Q without accessories. It's definitely a faster tuner than my 950Q.

MIO ATSC stick.jpg

Reactions: k.r.
This is what I have.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-02-18 12-09-32.png
    Screenshot from 2021-02-18 12-09-32.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: k.r.
just curious... Do you notice a difference in sensitivity between the 950Q anmd 955Q/Xbox version?
Unfortunately I don't have a situation to make an evaluation. All my stations are close. I can see the transmission towers. And when the clouds sit on the mountains all my tuners lose signal. :(

Reactions: Brct203
I installed Kaffeine on a linux box and recorded the program using the 955q. The noise is still present. I doubt that the TV station is causing this but you never know, I'll have to live with it since it's not a problem that would make a replacement or different device worth spending the money. I guess they don't sell the LG lgdt3306a anymore.

Last edited:
I am hoping to get an answer to a question I have from someone who has experience with the equipment I am using. I have an Edision MIO 4K Plus (dual-tuner model) and I am currently using the image that came installed on the box at time of purchase. Here is a pic of the box info from OpenWebif.

Edision Box Info.jpg

I purchased a 955Q tuner a while back and I am just getting around to trying it out. I noticed that the side of the tuner has an input for an A/V cable which WinTV on a PC can access for viewing and recording.

My question is if connected to the Edision can it 'see' that A/V input and display/record the signal coming in on it or does the driver for the Edision only see the tuner portion?

My question is if connected to the Edision can it 'see' that A/V input and display/record the signal coming in on it or does the driver for the Edision only see the tuner portion?
The Edision is not coded for the AV input function from what I've read. The XBox tuner doesn't have that function and is cheaper because of it.

The Edision is not coded for the AV input function from what I've read. The XBox tuner doesn't have that function and is cheaper because of it.
Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that was the case as I had not seen mention of it but wanted to confirm. Probably not likely that El Bandido will add support for that function if it hasn't been done up to this point. :rolleyes

If anyone is looking to pick up a 955Q tuner for their Edision I got this notification from eBay. At time of posting it's only $1 opening bid plus $8.10 expedited shipping. Barely used, great condition. :)

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that was the case as I had not seen mention of it but wanted to confirm. Probably not likely that El Bandido will add support for that function if it hasn't been done up to this point. :rolleyes
I suppose that if we were willing to spend a $1000 on a receiver like we did back in the 90's, we'd probably have a receiver that is virtually bullet proof and feature rich.

My 950Q has an A/V input port. Has anyone actually tried and successfully watched TV using the A/V input on a 950Q attached to an OS Mio 4k? If so, I might buy a cable since mine didn't come with one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)