Overwatch Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...er-first-nerf?abthid=58bed8792d118d004d000005

There are some Overwatch character tweaks on the way. The first one is a nerf for the new character, Orisa. This isn't unexpected since this character is still only active on the private test server. There are quite a few other changes though.

First, Ana is having her enemy damage nerfed from both her gun and her grenade. The health your teammates get from her grenades is also being decreased.

Junkrat will no longer take damage from his own explosives. This is a pretty big change, especially for his ultimate ability. He can now detonate it even if he is in the area without killing himself. There are some more minor tweaks to Zenyatta, Winston, and Sombra in the article too.

A bit annoyed at the Ana changes. She was my favorite sniper to use but she's had some major nerfing.

Zenyatta being able to fire his discord orb through walls is a pretty big change.

A bit annoyed at the Ana changes. She was my favorite sniper to use but she's had some major nerfing.

Zenyatta being able to fire his discord orb through walls is a pretty big change.

Yeah, I missed that when I originally skimmed through the article. That will make a pretty big difference. The Zenyatta change I saw was the reduced reload time after his charged shot.

A few new clips.

Never got a POTG with Zarya before this:

Speaking of Zarya, they threw their Ult at me and it didn't go the way they planned:

Finally, had a good clutch moment with Hanzo:

Watching that back reminded me how much I miss playing as Mercy. Since most of my playing is in the weekly Arcade section for easy loot boxes and because the Random Brawl option has been removed, 90% of my playtime nowadays is Mystery Heroes, and I very rarely get to be her in that.

Seeing as there isn't much I'm still waiting for in terms of standard loot, maybe I'll start transitioning back to playing more Quickplay and delve into custom play. I mean Mystery Heroes is fun as well, but there's always too much of a good thing.

You have to REALLY like Overwatch to tolerate playing it in these conditions IMO..

It looks like if they went and ported the game to a DS. Also notice that doing the Reinhardt Ult gives NO visual feedback other than everyone falling over, and the ~20 FPS.

Context to this image, it was posted in the Overwatch Subreddit and people actually volunteered to give him a newer GPU

He must have a pretty old PC. After I sold both of my 970s and was waiting for the 1070 to actually be in stock we played a bit of Overwatch together while I only had the graphics built into my i5 CPU.

I had to play with the lowest possible settings and turn the resolution down to 720p but I was still getting a pretty steady 30 FPS. This looked terrible but I don't remember it being as bad as it looks in that GIF and it definitely wasn't that jittery. It looks like he must be playing at a resolution quite a bit lower than 720p.

Some updates from Jeff Kaplan:

They're going to add the ability to save POTG/Highlights without an external program. Not sure if that means they'll be able to be properly exported to a video format or not, or if it'll just be within the game itself.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753537194?page=2#post-25

Blizzard also says that there are plans to eventually allow users to make their own maps, but that its a long time off.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753537194?page=1#post-15

I have been asking for a way to save the highlights since the game came out. I can't imagine that they would bring in this feature and not let you access the video file directly on your PC or at least upload to Youtube from within the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts