This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

P267 has arrived

Enquiring minds want to know. Fill us in Bob. Any thoughts on the dark video, OTA mapping, recall button?

Can't say much other than the recall button still doesn't work when you're tuned to an OTA channel. I rarely use my 811. It's not even subscribed although I hook it up to the satellite from time to time such as this morning when I saw a new version mentioned on the Dish software chart . I primarily use my 721 & 921 except when I want to view a local HD broadcast while my 921 is recording another one. I will be hooking the 811 back up permanently once the DPP+44 switch is available.

Bob

KyDave said:
I wonder why they list 2 versions now instead of just 267? Don't they normally just list the most recent version?

This is because 2.67 is spooling out and so the field at this moment in time have both 2.66 and 2.67. Once 2.67 if fully released, I would expect 2.66 to be removed.

OTA Guide?

I'm not at home so I can't test it but has any one looked to see if they have OTA guide data? But if I had to guess I would think that would be too good to be true.

chaz said:
I'm not at home so I can't test it but has any one looked to see if they have OTA guide data? But if I had to guess I would think that would be too good to be true.

I have no OTA guide data. This update for me took a long time longest since all the updates..

BlackHitachi said:
I have no OTA guide data. This update for me took a long time longest since all the updates..

Is there any changes on the OTA configuration changes? Possible a away to map them to locals? My guess is that this is too soon for OTA GUIDE. How is the dark video? See any PQ improvment?

I haven't found anything new in this update

No OTA Guide data
Doesn't look like the sd outputs have been changed
strech modes still dont work on SD outputs
Recall from OTA back to satellite still doesn't work
No Dish Home software

so it's puzzling to me what's been done

I spoke with a tech and he has not recieved any notes on this update. He said he may just be a maintanence update. Who knows. Maybe he is wrong and we will see something fixed.

I'm watchig the Cubbies, so I'm not going to update for a while...

Okay, I lied. I'm going for it right now.

Got 267. What's up with ESPN-HD? In normal size screen, the Cubs game is in 4/3 with some fancy wallpaper on the side. Can it be that the (in)famous ESPN strech has been replaced?

From what I understand this update fixes a problem when you listen the Sirius channels for long periods of time.

Other then that nothing.

Larry said:
Got 267. What's up with ESPN-HD? In normal size screen, the Cubs game is in 4/3 with some fancy wallpaper on the side. Can it be that the (in)famous ESPN strech has been replaced?

ESPN-HD on the 6th went more HD. Looks like they decided to show non-hd material that is 4x3 as 4x3 with sidebars. SportChannel is in HD now from what I can see. This is not caused by the 811 update.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I understand this update fixes a problem when you listen the Sirius channels for long periods of time.

Other then that nothing.

Thanks Scott for the info. Yawnnnnnnn. Guess 268 is the one we are waiting for. This seems like a quick one feature fix update.

Scott,

I listen to the Sirius Channel very regularly for hours and have not noticed any problems. Can you please give us more information on exactlly what was the problem with the Sirius Channels? I hope they didn't try to fix something that did not need fixing.

Thanks W.J.D. At least we got an update this month.

I for one am really glad they quit the stretching/distortion. Now if we could just get TNT-"HD" to pay some attention.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Other then that nothing.

FINALLY! So now after several hours of the 70's channel I will not wake up with platform shoes, large lapels, and face painted like Gene Simmons? Crap.