PQ has improved it seems or did it?

HBO-HD East looked great with ICE AGE. HBO-HD West needs work. The picture is a bit soft on HBO-HD. It is better because I do not see macro blocking or pixelation on movement. I have to check the other West channels to see if it's spread out throught the west channels.

I can still see the same artifacts I was seeing before on Showtime HD west, watched "little big leauge for a bit, (even thru the stuttered audio) and don't see a change there yet. As for the other channels I really don't see much difference in the premiums. HBOHDW, "attack of the clones" now playing looks soft, and pixelates during battle scenes, (like before). Also my micro stutters in the picture are back! It wasn't there for a good solid hour, now they are back every minute or so???? How wierd! Ok so, for me I don't see much change yet. Notice I am saying yet, because I am still hopefull VOOM will change something soon. Maybe they were testing something for my stutter problem to go away for a little while? In any case it was great to see some VOOM without the micro stutter while it lasted.

Did anyone notice over the last week that PlayboyHD never really had the same PQ issues? When they would show an HD program, the picture was always good. No tiling or stuttering when action scenes. I am being 100% serious, the channel seemed immune to the ills that plagued the other channels. I think DHDT looks better, but still somewhat soft.

GeneWildershair said:
I can still see the same artifacts I was seeing before on Showtime HD west, watched "little big leauge for a bit, (even thru the stuttered audio) and don't see a change there yet. As for the other channels I really don't see much difference in the premiums. HBOHDW, "attack of the clones" now playing looks soft, and pixelates during battle scenes, (like before). Also my micro stutters in the picture are back! It wasn't there for a good solid hour, now they are back every minute or so???? How wierd! Ok so, for me I don't see much change yet. Notice I am saying yet, because I am still hopefull VOOM will change something soon. Maybe they were testing something for my stutter problem to go away for a little while? In any case it was great to see some VOOM without the micro stutter while it lasted.

Just turned back to HBO-HD West. I have not seen those stutters and pixelation yet on HBO HD west. The softness yes.

Watching "A Chorus Line" on 101 right now... some definate pixelation, but we are getting severe showers here off and on. So I'm not sure that I can blame Voom for it or not.

madpoet said:
Watching "A Chorus Line" on 101 right now... some definate pixelation, but we are getting severe showers here off and on. So I'm not sure that I can blame Voom for it or not.

Turned to it a few minutes ago. Have been watching for about 7 minutes. No pixelation on the picture. It is raining here too but not pouring.

Noticed last night on Cinema 10 - 102 and 109 looked bad, pixelization, etc. Tonight they all look fine. HBOW and SHOW look terrible, couldn't watch Attack of The Clones for more than a few minutes, and SHOW has an audio problem, cutting in and out.

I just watched a program on Discovery about British Columbia, and with a stopwatch in hand, tried to see if there was any rhyme or reason to the stuttering problem (it's still there). Seems for a while they were occurring approx. every 90 seconds, then for a while it was approx. every 28 seconds.

Discovery looks awesome right now, watching the beach resort show... but the blonde in the bikini might have something to do with that.

vurbano said:
Discovery looks awesome right now, watching the beach resort show... but the blonde in the bikini might have something to do with that.

Agree with that :) and have done the A/B comparison again with E* and both look the same...

vurbano said:
WOW, 2 entirely opposite pq posts back 2 back-how is this possible-very curious.

wasnt the attack of the clones always soft. thought it was a bad transfer i watched part of it on E* and it looked very soft, but i think thats the movie.

eschu97611 said:
One person says pq is terrible-even on exclusives-the other seems to think pq has improved, atleast on Discoveryhdt

I did not see those comparisons and I just went througth the whole thread. The person that talked about the Cinema 10 was talking about yesterday and madpoet might have been affected by rain because I turned to the same channel playing a "chorus line" and it looked fine.

neo0285 said:
wasnt the attack of the clones always soft. thought it was a bad transfer i watched part of it on E* and it looked very soft, but i think thats the movie.

OK, maybe that's the reason. I just turned back to HBO-HD W and it is playing ICE AGE which looked awesome on HBO-HD E. Let me see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts