PVR function Openbox S9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

utah2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
new york
Hello All & Happy New Year...

I've a recording problem & questions about PVR screens on S9 box.
I have a 1TB Toshiba usb HD hooked to S9 which is HDMI connected to Vizio hd tv. Basicaly pleased with recording when watching program . Exception is on G28 Sat. NET Huskervision chl

I cannot record this channel whith above setup. At first I thought maybe NET is streaming some type of copy guard due to Nebraska sports on this chl. When I press record button rec logo comes on in upper right of screen as usual; but nothing is recorded when you go to playback roster. Sometimes Huskervision channel logo is there with a yellow arrow & thats it ! If I record pentagon chnl. on this sat with same setup NO Problems records perfect.

Yesterday I wanted to record britcoms playing on hskervison & same problem as as decribed above.
So I hooked up my Accurian DVR to composite (RCA) jacks on S9 & and walla records perfect Except for lousy green tint is on S9 when using composite jacks. Any help provided would be appreciated.
Also is any info available on S9 PVR roster screen ?what do all those numbers indicate on top of roster as you curse though & hilite recorded (list) items on this log.
Thanks Again

Utah, Well I have recently got an Iomega 1TB external drive for mine and have the same issue. I tried recording that channel to show someone how great the picture was lol...Not sure why but so far that's the only channel I can't record...Maybe someone else has the answer...Blind

Is it possibly a high bitrate issue? Most HD receivers (including the 'SSO') have problems recording channels when the bitrate is very high.

I also have an Iomega 1TB and got the same results. So, I saved the channel list to a thumb drive, loaded it into the channel editor and saved it into version HDS2-1.0.0-0125-2-MC of the firmware. This version has the ability to record either a Transport Stream (TS) file (as a set of one or more .dvr files that need to be converted to play on a computer) or a Program Stream (PS) file that can simply be copied from its folder and played without the need for conversion on a computer. After loading the firmware and changing the Record Type in the DVR Configuration menu to PS, I tried to record the channel. This actually worked, but due to the 38.5 Mbps bit rate of this channel, the recording had quite a few errors and would stutter when trying to play both on the receiver and on my computer. Video-Re-Do might clean out the errors, but the recording won't be pristine. I guess this channel would be a good test to see if a receiver can record high bit rates. YMMV BTW, there is also channel over at 99W in the Caribbean mux (Ch6, I think?) that also won't record as TS, but will record just fine as a PS file.

Last edited:
Copykat, Blindowl & Tron : Much thanks for the replies. I think I will eventualy try some of what Copykat has done, although I am probably a long way from having any experience with SC 9 channel editor. I have loaded new firmware once following instructions on this & other sites concerning S9 firmware (just rescanned to get channels back) . I wish s9 mfg would clear up some of firmware issues with this box: : G/Tint, timer & clock issues etc. If this box is being used world wide ; must be a lot of complaints.
Utah

I also have an Iomega 1TB and got the same results. So, I saved the channel list to a thumb drive, loaded it into the channel editor and saved it into version HDS2-1.0.0-0125-2-MC of the firmware. This version has the ability to record either a Transport Stream (TS) file (as a set of one or more .dvr files that need to be converted to play on a computer) or a Program Stream (PS) file that can simply be copied from its folder and played without the need for conversion on a computer.

Isn't that version pretty early? If it's the one I'm thinking of, less-experienced users should know that they'll lose the ability to backup their satellite/channel lists, decode AC3, and use a switch and motor simultaneously. I'm I'm wrong, please accept my apology in advance.

I wish we still had the ability to record in PS mode, although whenever I tried it on an MPEG4 channel it would ignore it and produce a .dvr file. But at least it saved converting 99% of the channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)