Ravens cut Ray Rice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict the exact opposite.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I do the same but my reason on Rice is he's at the end of his high production days. For a RB he's getting old and will really not be worth the trouble for most teams.

Last edited:
I think "zero" tolerance policies are a bad idea. While in theory they might sound good, there is always an element that people don't plan on or think about at the time. I hope the NFL will not go that route.

Unless Maryland(home of the Ravens) & New York(where NFL headquarters are located?) are "Right to Work"states,where you can be fired for any reason,or no reason at all...
He's protected by a bargaining agreement so "right to work" laws are trumped.
...but the NFL was wrong to originally only suspend him for 2 games,then invoke double jeopardy by suspending indefinitely for the same offence.
"Double jeopardy" is prohibited by the US Constitution and applies to people vs "the state". It's not applicable for "private" matters like this between the NFL and Rice. This is no different than people thinking they have "freedom of speech" and can insult their employer, for example, and not get fired. They can and no court will reverse it.

Reactions: Rey
"Double jeopardy" is prohibited by the US Constitution and applies to people vs "the state". It's not applicable for "private" matters like this between the NFL and Rice. This is no different than people thinking they have "freedom of speech" and can insult their employer, for example, and not get fired. They can and no court will reverse it.

There's no room in this thread for Facts, Hall ;)

Reactions: meStevo
I don't see Rice maybe ever playing with the Ravens again,but I can see him being either reinstated or awarded compensation against the NFL,maybe through arbitration with either the NFLPA or a lawyer that he hires. The Ravens already said that he was honest with them about what he did to his then fiance,& sources say the same thing about Rice coming clean with Goodell. To say this "thug" doesn't deserve anything is beside the point if he acted in good faith & was honest about what he did to both the Ravens & the NFL. The NFL are the ones digging a hole in this whole affair. The Ravens CAN release him,but the NFL are the ones who imposed,what I perceived to be,double jeopardy(even if the NFL is in the right). I think the NFL will lose if the NFLPA or a lawyer pushes it in arbitration.

ESPN talked about Greg Hardy CONVICTED of domestic abuse(the only silver lining in this is he can never own a gun again),but still allowed to play because he's appealing the conviction(I guess because there was no video,but I'm sure if they released the 911 tape.......where's TMZ when you need them?).

ESPN (female) columnist essentially said the same thing I did about the NFLPA having a duty to file a grievance against the NFL on behalf of Ray Rice. She also pretty much said the same thing I did about the NFL indefinitely suspending him,that it was wrong under the old AND new NFL policy on domestic abuse.

Over Reaction-Period- He should be allowed and will be allowed back - Ray Lewis has a Statue in front of the raves Stadium and at the bottom has a body chalk line below it - So -RAY told the truth in june and the players union will get his job back -as he should have - he married the women (without) a job or any source of income the only thing left will be to beat her so HE needs his job back!

Over Reaction-Period- He should be allowed and will be allowed back - Ray Lewis has a Statue in front of the raves Stadium and at the bottom has a body chalk line below it - So -RAY told the truth in june and the players union will get his job back -as he should have - he married the women (without) a job or any source of income the only thing left will be to beat her so HE needs his job back!
There's nothing nice that you can say about Ray Rice,HOWEVER the NFL totally botched the whole thing from the start. I still believe that the only one out of a job after this is all over will be Roger Goodell. He'll either resign or be fired...........AND he better not lie to Congress.

Ray Rice. What he did was terrible, no doubt. I do think Goodell could've saved himself a whole lot of trouble if he had just suspended him from the get go. I mean if you suspend a guy for drugs for a whole year, I think hitting someone deserves the same thing, not 2 games. In fact, I think they got the suspensions reversed. Suspend Rice for the entire year and whoever is doing drugs, the 2 games. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about this thing. I've ate, drank and slept this story for 4 days. I mean yes, its a big story but enough. How many times can you hear the same thing over and over again?

What's the relationship between the NFL and the feds ? Only thing I know is that the NFL has non-profit organization status (yes, they really do ! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes). I know that the MLB, for instance, has antitrust exemptions and therefore Congress sticks their nose in, or threatens to, every once in a while.

The owners are dead set against firing Goodell because he negotiated the latest contract with the NFLPA thru 2020 that again left them in the driver's seat revenue wise. The compensation structure for NFL players is the worst of any major sport and League revenues are the highest. I can't believe that the players continue to put their fates in the hands of ex-players and second rate attorneys. You'd think they would get smart some day but like Dick Butkus once said "If I was smart I'd be a doctor but I'm not so I'm a football player".

Reactions: Rey
The owners are dead set against firing Goodell because he negotiated the latest contract with the NFLPA thru 2020 that again left them in the driver's seat revenue wise. The compensation structure for NFL players is the worst of any major sport and League revenues are the highest.
BINGO!!! Been waiting for someone to bring this up!

IMG_14824098024679.jpeg

Actually federal nlrb judges say different. you can talk all the crap you want about your employer
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/ca...pany-despite-it-having-a-social-media-policy/

The owners are dead set against firing Goodell because he negotiated the latest contract with the NFLPA thru 2020 that again left them in the driver's seat revenue wise. The compensation structure for NFL players is the worst of any major sport and League revenues are the highest. I can't believe that the players continue to put their fates in the hands of ex-players and second rate attorneys. You'd think they would get smart some day but like Dick Butkus once said "If I was smart I'd be a doctor but I'm not so I'm a football player".
to the hell they wont if the nfl brand starts getting damaged because something comes out that Goodell knew about video.

contract is already in place now if public opinion turns against the nfl as a whole because of Goodell, they will fire him in a heart beat.

I have found an article about the the Ray Rice situation that is so absurd & so out there that it takes parody to a whole new level. If the writer meant it as a joke,then it is a very bad one AND very unfunny,but....if the writer was actually serious.....then God help us all. I'm posting on my Kindle Fire,but when I can get to my computer,then prepare to be outraged & offended in so many ways,not about Rice but about the Dumb a** who actually wrote this.

to the hell they wont if the nfl brand starts getting damaged because something comes out that Goodell knew about video.

contract is already in place now if public opinion turns against the nfl as a whole because of Goodell, they will fire him in a heart beat.

And the above all coming from the same guy who repeatedly called me an idiot for saying Rice and the NFLPA would appeal the suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)