Ravens cut Ray Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about the NHL is the commissioner sticks to the business side thenthere's an appointed league exec. that dishes out the punishment/fines..the VP of palyer safeyty

Feminists gone wild!

According to N.O.W, the NFL has a violence-against-women problem" and "the only way to restore honour and integrity to the country's most lucrative and popular pastime" is for Goodell to step down.

Yes ladies, Goodell is the cause of domestic abuse!
Anyone with a good face palm picÉ
And you know Condi Rice won't be an acceptable replacement as far as they're concerned. Any more comment from me on this will have to be reserved for the Pit.

Feminists gone wild!

According to N.O.W, the NFL has a violence-against-women problem" and "the only way to restore honour and integrity to the country's most lucrative and popular pastime" is for Goodell to step down.

Here you go.

Attachments

• double-facepalm.jpg
    double-facepalm.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 97
In hockey we see some crazy stuff sometimes but never has the Canadian government stepped in.
Can someone explain why the US Congress is getting involved?

I'm just waiting for Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson to jump into the fray. I already correctly predicted congress getting involved.

Am fairly certain they can't claim racism as the NFL playing field (PUN) is a mix of all races.... besides trying to get some free face time on TV I doubt they have a leg to stand on. I doubt they'll say the Ravens' front office or the NFL offices are racist because they'll be told to shut up.

Goodell might survive this but I'm not sure if he should. I just don't understand why in the world the Raven's and the NFL needed to see the second tape before they did what they did. What did they think happened inside that elevator? Even, just even, if Rice stated she fell or that she fainted, the tape did not show any concern on his part. Also,what man would just drag a woman out of an elevator unless her life was in danger inside of that elevator? As I have said earlier, this was screwed up from the start and the NFL has done some serious damage to itself by their handling of this incident. I don't live near Baltimore and I am not sure how they are being portrayed or fan reaction but I think they are as complicit, if not more so, than the NFL. Harbaugh's first comments on this were pathetic and in my opinion show HOW CONCERNED the Raven's were over the actions of Rice.

Am fairly certain they can't claim racism as the NFL playing field (PUN) is a mix of all races.... besides trying to get some free face time on TV I doubt they have a leg to stand on. I doubt they'll say the Ravens' front office or the NFL offices are racist because they'll be told to shut up.
Goodell isn't black. The Ravens' owners isn't black. They're the ones who "punished" Rice.... Just like my comment above though, the real reason is for "free face time", as you said.

There you go again,using logic & common sense,both of which are not in Al's or Jessie's vocabulary(there's actually a French word I wanted to use in place of "vocabulary,it starts with "report",but I couldn't find the correct spelling for it). To the logical person,of course it's absurd for Al & Jessie to get involved,BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT AL SHARPTON & JESSIE JACKSON.

Feminists gone wild!

If Goodell was part of a cover up or knew about this second video before issuing the 2 game suspension then he is part of the problem.

As a 49er fan, I'm none to happy about the Ray McDonald situation. Zero tolerance should mean zero tolerance. If charges are brought, I sincerely hope the team acts. This "wait and see" approach is problematic; the court process can drag on for a very long time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If Goodell was part of a cover up or knew about this second video before issuing the 2 game suspension then he is part of the problem.

As a 49er fan, I'm none to happy about the Ray McDonald situation. Zero tolerance should mean zero tolerance. If charges are brought, I sincerely hope the team acts. This "wait and see" approach is problematic; the court process can drag on for a very long time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Related, mandating action by the team pending the legal process in the case of a DUI is one of the things believed to be holding up the new drug policy.

There you go again,using logic & common sense,both of which are not in Al's or Jessie's vocabulary(there's actually a French word I wanted to use in place of "vocabulary,it starts with "report",but I couldn't find the correct spelling for it). To the logical person,of course it's absurd for Al & Jessie to get involved,BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT AL SHARPTON & JESSIE JACKSON.
I finally found the word I was looking for,"repertoire."

This "wait and see" approach is problematic; the court process can drag on for a very long time.
It also have serious flaws. A person can commit a crime but have the charges reduced (in return for pleading guilty to a lesser charge and avoiding the cost (costs imposed on the citizens) of a trial) or even dropped. That doesn't mean they did the "lesser" crime or didn't commit a crime at all (in cases where the charges are dropped). What does the league do then, base it on the final criminal outcome ? IMO, they shouldn't.

The League of Exculpatory Gentlemen by The Daily Show

I smell blood in the water. You're going down Roger,you're going DOWN!!!! If Saturday Night Live picks up on this,Roger,you know it's time to look for a new job(if you haven't already committed a felony by lying to a federal official or to Congress).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)