Ravens cut Ray Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never at any point did I ever say he would win his grievance despite all your insults.
My position then, as it is now, is he can and likely will file one.

Now his wife is trying to defend her husband and minimize his actions. Case study for battered women's syndrome or she is mad that her cash cow has went dry.

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend," Janay Rice wrote. "But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself. No one knows the pain that [the] media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass [off] for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific.

"THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...htmare-20140909,0,5216376.story#ixzz3CpaNJalY

This whole thing is bigger than Ray Rice right now. This all about a cover up of the facts by NFL executives. This SHOULD cost Goodell his job,among others. I heard a suggestion that Condi Rice should be made NFL commissioner.

Not at all. From a procedural point, I dont agree with what the NFL did. He got punished 3 times for the same offence.

The NFL should have done a full and proper investigation then punish Rice according...instead, they shot themselves in the foot by doing it half-ass thus leaving Rice several options on the table.

The NFL can do anything it wants to do in regards to punishment and has no obligation to stay in line with criminal charges.
See #61.

I never said they couldn't do it, just that it wouldn't be easy to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think it's a sad day when someone who smokes pot gets punished more than a woman beater.

He should of been fired at the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I just think it's a sad day when someone who smokes pot gets punished more than a woman beater.

He should of been fired at the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

If anything, the NFL isnt too consistent when dishing out suspensions. Josh Brent...10 games for DUI manslaughter. Josh Gordon gets a year for pot. Welker 4 games for an enhancement drug....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_and_coaches_suspended_by_the_NFL (list of all NFL suspensions since 1980)

Reactions: salsadancer7
Which is why there is a separate performance enhancing drugs policy
Which I understand but a team doctor or training staff and shoot a player up with painkillers and send them out on the field.
Makes no sense, I look at it this way if you need painkillers to play then you shouldnt be on the field.

Not at all. From a procedural point, I dont agree with what the NFL did. He got punished 3 times for the same offence.

The NFL should have done a full and proper investigation then punish Rice according...instead, they shot themselves in the foot by doing it half-ass thus leaving Rice several options on the table.

I agree with Kraven.

I find it hard to believe the NFL had not seen the video before yesterday. If they didn't, then the question becomes, why didn't they? They have some of the best security and security contacts on this side on Homeland Security (same with MLB) and to think TMZ could have gotten this and the NFL or Raven's couldn't have is just not believable in my opinion.

The Raven's should have suspended him for the entire year from the very start after seeing Rice drag his fiancé out of the elevator. Regardless of his or her story. The NFL should have leveled the indefinite suspension from the start.They should have demanded he attend classes and perform community service as it pertains to domestic violence for at least 2 years. I do think that after a year Rice should be eligible for re-instatement, if he can show true remorse and show that he is a changed man.

Now about his wife. She is an idiot for marrying him after this happened and an idiot for defending him not only then but today. Not only that, but to refuse to file or go forward with charges also proves that she is an idiot. Yes, I get it, many women of violence often protect and defend those who abuse them. But, this is so public, she HAD other choices and still she chose to marry and stay with him. I have very little sympathy for her at this point.

I am hopeful the "new" guidelines the NFL has adopted as it pertains to domestic violence will get each person who works for the NFL to understand how serious of an issue domestic violence is in the USA. Not only for the wives or girlfriends but in some cases for the men also. Just ask Chuck Finley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)