Ravens cut Ray Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah.. this will blow over soon enough until the next guy screws up. Vick blew over, Ray Lewis (remember him Baltimore?), Incognito.....

If one thing about the NFL, dishing out punishment seems to be based on politics more than anything else.
From worst to least I'd rank em as

1- Murder/manslaughter
2- rape
3- assault (domestic included)
4- Trafficking
5- PED
6- DUI
7- Recreational drugs
8- Shooting yourself in the leg (Ok I hate the Giants and Jets).

How many players have DUI manslaughter conviction and are still active? Punishment should fit the crime and not be based on pressure, politics, status or who your team owner is!

In todays perverse world,WHO will come to the defense of Ray Rice will be the USUAL SUSPECTS,the NAACP,Jessie Jackson,& Al Sharpton. They will all claim racism on the part of TMZ & the NFL,& then try to incite another "Ferguson." I guarantee that "Race(& cries of racism)" will play a role in the protests over Rice's suspension.
As far as Roger Goodell goes,I doubt he did anything illegal,so you won't see the DOJ or FBI getting involved to try to catch him in a lie(which is a felony),however......our U.S. Congress,who have never found a subject too inane or trivial to have a hearing about,could very well(you guessed it) hold a hearing about Ray Rice,the NFL's cover up of the Ray Rice domestic abuse incident,& the NFL's tax exempt status. I wonder if Roger will either lie(risking a felony),or plead the 5th?

Here's what's going to happen.

Rice, on his own, will enroll in therapy (anger management or whatever) and volunteer his time to a good cause for the season. Next summer he'll meet with the commish...who'll reinstate him but with a short leash. Then some lower tier team (Bills, Jaguars, Raiders) will sign him to a low money 1 year deal...he;ll have a stellar year then sign a long term deal with an elite team.

Bank on it!

Bad thing for Goodell is that it's beginning to look like the NFL knew about the elevator video, and turned a blind eye to it when handing the earlier 2-game suspension, and is only acting now when the video became public, thus not allowing them to continue to act like it didn't exist.

Ray Rice is done in the nfl.Rbs have a very short shelf life.Add in the woman battering, no chance he gets back on the playing field.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: meStevo
Three other recent cases:

Ray McDonald (San Francisco 49ers)

Three days after Commissioner Roger Goodell created a new NFL policy against domestic violence on August 28, San Francisco 49ers defensive end Ray McDonald was arrested on an accusation of felony domestic violence.

The new policy imposes a six-game unpaid ban for first-time offenders and up to a lifetime ban for second-time offenders.

No charges have been filed in the incident involving McDonald, and the case was still being investigated Tuesday, said spokesman Sean Webby of the Santa Clara County, California, District Attorney's Office.

McDonald was arrested by San Jose police at 2:45 a.m. at his house, where a party was being held for his approaching 30th birthday. McDonald allegedly became involved in an altercation with his fiancee, who was 10 weeks' pregnant, a police source told the Sacramento Bee newspaper. Several 49ers players attended the party, CNN affiliateKTVU said.

The fiancee showed police minor bruises on her neck and arms, the newspaper said.

After McDonald posted bail, he stated he couldn't say much about the case.

"The truth will come out," he told KTVU. "Everybody knows what kind of person I am ... a good-hearted person."

On Tuesday, San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York said the team was awaiting the outcome of the criminal case against McDonald before determining whether to punish him.

"I think it's very important that we do let due process take its course," York told KNBR-AM. "I think it's very important that we don't judge somebody before, whether charges are filed or whether anything else happens. We want to make sure that everybody is afforded the right that I think Americans are afforded."

Greg Hardy (Carolina Panthers)

Defensive end Greg Hardy was convicted in a bench trial this summer of assaulting his former girlfriend and threatening to kill her, both misdemeanors.

Hardy is appealing, and the Carolina Panthers team said last month it wouldn't discipline him until his appeals are completed, ESPN reported.

The former girlfriend accused Hardy of throwing her on a pile of guns and said he "bragged that all of those assault rifles were loaded," her motion for a protection order said earlier this year, according to The Charlotte Observer newspaper, which posted a copy of her request online.

The woman said Hardy picked her up, threw her into the bathroom, dragged her into the bedroom, choked her, picked her up again and "threw me onto a couch covered in assault rifles and/or shotguns," her protection order request said, according to the Observer.

Hardy threatened to shoot her if she went to the media or reported the assault, the court papers said, according to the Observer.

However, the NFL website cites an Associated Press account about 911 tapes revealing a different version of events.

"Hardy can be heard on a call saying: 'My assistant is trying to restrain her, and she's trying to break free and hit me with her heel. I'm literally running around the table right now.' Hardy also alleges that the accuser could be on drugs," NFL.com reported.

Some sports analysts are urging Goodell to punish Hardy: "With Hardy, as with Rice, Goodell needs to make a statement that the league has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to how men in his league treat women," ESPN commentator Ashley Fox wrote.

When asked about the criminal case against him in July, Hardy said he disliked how it is a distraction.

"I hate that I have distracted my team," Hardy said, according to ESPN. "Other than that I can't answer that question."

A.J. Jefferson (Minnesota Vikings)

In November 2013, Minnesota Vikings cornerback A.J. Jefferson was arrested on a felony count of domestic assault by strangulation, CNN affiliate KARE reported.

His 23-year-old girlfriend claimed to have been in an early morning domestic dispute with Jefferson, who yelled and grabbed her neck,CNN affiliate WCCO reported.

On the day of his arrest, Jefferson was cut by the Minnesota Vikings, the NFL reported. Also, after the arrest, the NFL suspended Jefferson for four games, but Goodell lifted the suspension, the league said. The NFL website didn't say why.

Jefferson finished last season with the Cleveland Browns before being placed on the injured reserve list because of an ankle problem, according to the National Football Post.

In March, Jefferson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of domestic assault in the 2013 case, WCCO reported. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, which was suspended to three days times served, The Seattle Times reported. In May, Jefferson was signed as a free agent by the Seattle Seahawks, which won the Super Bowl last season.

NFL's past penalties for domestic violence 'a different story'

ESPN is reporting Jerry Jones is being accused of sexual assault stemming from an incident in 2009 (??) .
The way the article is worded, sounds more or less like a shake down than anything else.

however......our U.S. Congress,who have never found a subject too inane or trivial to have a hearing about,could very well(you guessed it) hold a hearing about Ray Rice,the NFL's cover up of the Ray Rice domestic abuse incident,& the NFL's tax exempt status. I wonder if Roger will either lie(risking a felony),or plead the 5th?
And queue the House Judiciary Committee.......
Congress to NFL -- Stop BS'ing America ... Come Clean On Ray Rice Tape
https://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/us-congress-roger-goodell-letter-ray-rice-domestic-violence-video/

Forrest Gump could have accurately predicted this.

Feminists gone wild!

According to N.O.W, the NFL has a violence-against-women problem" and "the only way to restore honour and integrity to the country's most lucrative and popular pastime" is for Goodell to step down.

Yes ladies, Goodell is the cause of domestic abuse!
Anyone with a good face palm picÉ

The NFL on Wednesday said it is looking into an Associated Press report that a league executive received in April a copy of the video in which Ray Rice punched his now-wife in the face. "We have no knowledge of this. We are not aware of anyone in our office who possessed or saw the video before it was made public on Monday. We will look into it," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

NFL looking into report that league executive saw Ray Rice video in April

Now The AP and other media are reporting that a copy of the elevator tape was sent to an NFL executive by an anonymous law enforcement officer in April.

I love Goddell's explanation of why they didn't try to get a copy from the hotel - he was afraid to act on unauthenticated video. It reminds me of the good old days of the WWF when someone would cold cock a guy with a chair when the ref wasn't looking. Gene Okerlund would say that the Commissioner should overturn the decision based on video evidence and Jesse "The Body" Ventura would counter with "He won't do it because the tape can be altered".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)