Review of Pansat 9500HDX

Ditto, does it do AAC audio, and how about AC3 audio?
I almost shouldn't ask... 4:2:2 ?
ac3 yes
4:2:2 no

Humm, big plus that it has a servo controller since DMX 741 LNBFs are getting to be as scarce as hens teeth.
BIG NEGATIVE that they didn't include the ATSC tuner feature that was in the 9200??
Wonder if that's available as an add in card???
servo controller: works well
no room for a add in card for ATSC tuner

The DVB receiver need to decode RTV, AAC and AC3 audio to get sound. In the days before these audio formats were added an external audio decoder or surround sound receiver was used. a better way to explain it is PBS KU channels use AC3 Dolby for all their channels gives better sound quality. These are software programs called codec the video are meg2 types etc.

Sorry, my computer was crashed thus I cannot come to this site. Today it's OK.

Yes, my receiver turn OFF or standby by itself and ON when it starts to record. I do not know how to keep it ON all the time! I will look for "inactivity timer" setting to turn it OFF.

I do not understand RTV, AAC and AC3 audio!

Thank you very much for your advices.

Regards.

As my Pansat 9500 is frozen many times a week and clock has to be reset manually every time, many broadcasts cannot be recorded as they should be. I am now removed it and use my old Coolsat 7000, even Coolsat 7000 does not have HD and HDMI. I am now looking for a new reliable HD receiver. Could someone please suggest me a good brand name?

Regards.

Last edited:
Hello!
I have a question about Pansat 9500hdx.
I am from Europe and i have 3 meter mesh dish with chaparral corotor 2 plus, California amplifier c-band + quattro band california amplifier for ku band. For dvb-s have Echostar ip 3000 and dvr 7000. My question is could i have controlled corotor for ku band because switching betwen band is 14 volt for low band and 18 volt for high band. Switching betwen c-ku will be with 22kHz. I known that you over here only have one band in ku, not dual so do you have in menu of Pansat that possibility to control quattro band lnb. Thank you!!

I forrgote mensione that oscillator for low band is 9,75 GHz and for High band 10.750 GHz wideband 10.700 - 12.750 GHz switchable band with 13 - 18 volts

I forrgote mensione that oscillator for low band is 9,75 GHz and for High band 10.750 GHz wideband 10.700 - 12.750 GHz switchable band with 13 - 18 volts
it has those settings in the lnb menu. but does the voltage drop ? don't know never tried it.

i have a lnb like yours but have not tested it yet for the lower band. had planned on using this for the 14v
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261304416315&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

will try to find time in the coming week to test for the voltage drop at those settings.

Thank you for the fast answer, if you have a time during a weekend, try test it on 45 west Intelsat 14, dvb-s freq 11608 pol Horizontal, S.R 1852 fec 5/6.
?For those settings voltage must be 14 volt at the low band.

at 9,750 GHz it puts out 14 on v ........18v on h
same at 10.750 GHz

guessing your receivers do this voltage switch at the 9750 setting. over here the firmware must not get this in those settings,well in this 9500 anyway. other wise this is a very good receiver for blind scanning and have a need to control a servo motor.
the unit i posted would work by using a 22k and a 4way diseqc.

i have not got my dish with the lnb working yet, it's still in a project stage. it needs to be mounted on a shed to get the height i need to get to 37.5 which is my lowest sat to east.
sorry
good luck with your projects

m3602 based receivers are basically all the same.
menus looked like the euro firmware it was based on.
definitely not worth the money they are still asking for it.

I was just curious about whether anybody actually used one and liked it. I've already read all the sniping about the price...I'm just wanting a receiver that is stable and works fairly well at scanning, doing the s2 and H.264 formats without burping/stuttering and freezing.