Review on the JVC Sirius PnP

For those with display problems, it should not be happening. Make sure your brightness is turned up in daylight, and contrast is set properly. I can always make out the display on my PNP2, which has the same display only orange.

BenDee said:
For those with display problems, it should not be happening. Make sure your brightness is turned up in daylight, and contrast is set properly. I can always make out the display on my PNP2, which has the same display only orange.
ahh, but do you have 40'something year old eyes? :) been using mine on my driver side window of my 04 F150, I can still see mirror and no loss of visibility

I have the Audiovox PNP and purchased the JVC for my wife's car. I like the thumbweel on the Audiovox much more than the buttons on the JVC. The buttons are extremely firm and, when in the home dock, requires that you hold the unit with both hands to manuever through the screens. Besides that, I'm happy.

Here's my quickie install in my 1993 Ford Ranger until I get something better together. The suction cup mount just doesn't seem very secure. I did run the antenna wire along my windshield, into the truck, and then tucked it down behind my dash, so only a very little bit of it is visible directly behind the radio. The power cord is run up from the cigarette lighter, with the rest of the power cord length coiled up inside the ashtray. All in all, it's reasonably neat, considering it took me less than an hour to do it.

The 4th picture is of note - the pics were taken with my truck parked inside my garage, and I'm still getting 3 bars of signal.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 186
Are you going to get the tape adapter for yours?

I, with the wife's help, just took apart my center dash area to get to my radio to hide the antenna wire and have it come up above my vent. Very pain in the butt. When I get either the FM Mod hardwire or aux input adapter I will have to remember the pain it will be to take apart the center dash to do this.

I've already got a cassette adaptor from my DVD player that I'll be using. The sound quality from that is far superior to the FM transmission. (Which I did know about before picking this up.)

Oh yeah. With the receiver hooked up to my home theatre receiver the sound is AWESOME!!

I tried a little bit with the home kit today, but ran into two problems immediately. First, I have no grounded outlets in my living room, where I want to put the home unit. Second, I tried the antenna in both my east facing and north facing window (which are the two directions I'm supposed to try in Denver according to the map), and got zero signal from either one. Also tried the middle of the room and got zilch as well. So, it looks like I'm going to have to try an outdoor antenna. Think I'll wait on that until the wireless ones come out. Unless I get real industrious and figure out a way to get the antenna line outside.

I have grown attached to the Raw Dog channel. I wish that they would play full albums of a certain artist at a time though.

dfergie, you and I listen to the EXACT same channels. Cool!

I also listen to classic rewind and sometimes the Octane channel too.

I've had mine occasionally blip on me (a half second drop out per say). Other than that I'm loving it. I haven't listened to a CD or local radio since I installed this bad boy.

If you ever get a chance to listen to him (he occasionally will pop up on Bob and Tom) listen to Rodney Carrington on Raw Dog.

Hey, I just installed the cd changer to AUX input adapter and the SQ difference is amazing. It sounds awesome! No more static. I paid $35 for the adapter and it is well worth every penny. I highly recommend hard wiring the receiver to your head unit.

I'm trying to work with the wife on getting a new head unit that has aux inputs already. I'm looking at a Kenwood that is Sirius ready (so eventually I can get a dedicated tuner and move the PnP to her car).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)