SatelliteAV Motorized System Giveaway, We Have a Winner!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would love to have the Visionsat so that i could make use of the PVR capabiliites. I don't know how many times i have wanted to record stuff that i had to miss off of FTA.

I go with the Visionsat IV-200 satellite receiver simply because of the DVR feature. In the early days (1983-4) when it was illegial to have a dish we went ahead and created one and used an old Alliance Tena-Rotor to change polarity. Not since that time have I been able to experience the simple fun and delight that was created just by finding a new "feed."
Although the implementation of the "brainless" hook-up for the Echostar and Dish services gives unparalled HD, as well as a world-class SD, I really long for the excitement of finding one more "Satellite City", "Dr. Gene" or other experimental broadcast.
Oh, and the Visionsat IV-200 satellite receiver? Well, at my advanced age it's nice to go to bed at 9 PM and still see the broadcasts that you young folk don't yawn your way through.

The Visionsat, to be able to PVR stuff that would be on when I am at work.

I would like a Visionsat IV-200 due to the DVR function. Since I got a tivo very early on I can't imagine watching TV of any kind without a DVR.

Not being familiar with FTA but life-dependant on PVRs, I would go with the Visionsat for its recording functionality, ext drive and PC connectivity. Also this would be a great foray into the FTA world, from what I'm hearing.

I like the features of the Fortec Star Mercury II especially its power blind scan. Could sure use a Mercury II Receiver to power my used 12 ft. bud dish that I am working hard to set up.

I haven't dabbled in FTA...yet. While I have no opinion of either receiver, I'm leaning toward the Visionsat IV 200 and its PVR capabilities.

If I were to win, I would choose the Visionsat IV-200.

1. Because of the external hard drive PVR capabilities.
2. Because Iceberg endorses it.
3. Because Anole is pushing it.
4. Because I need a change in line of receivers. :D

Edit: Thanks again SatelliteAV for another great give-away!

Fred

I would love the opportunity to get into FTA satellite TV!
If I won, I would choose the Visionsat because of the PVR capability.

I have wanted to try a Mercury II receiver since they've been out, but I also want a Visionsat IV-200 since Iceberg let us read his Review on it. Since I have to choose between the two, I'll choose the Visionsat IV-200 for the PVR capabilities. Thanks SatelliteAV for this opportunity to win a Great FTA System!

Al

I would choose the Visionsat IV 200 PVR Receiver because it gives you the capability of adding a Hard Drive via the USB I/O and then the ability to record programming.

THanks for the Opportunity,
Michael Llewellyn

I'd go with the Visionsat setup; I don't currently have PVR capability and that would be AWESOME to augment my FTA experience!

Thanks to Satellite Guys and SatelliteAV for the fantastic opportunity!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)