Screen Black outs using DVI Connection

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Since I received a new box last Saturday, I started having trouble with my screen blacking out for a second or so using the DVI connection. When I switched over to component cables I have no problems. Is any one having this problem. Do I need to call Voom back out to get try another receiver.

I never had this problem before.

Sean,

I was experiencing it on all my channels. I talked to Voom last night and they sent over a couple of hits to my box. My wife so far said she hasn't seen anymore "black screen." Hopefully this solves my problem.

jimmykce1 said:
Sean,

I was experiencing it on all my channels. I talked to Voom last night and they sent over a couple of hits to my box. My wife so far said she hasn't seen anymore "black screen." Hopefully this solves my problem.

Let us know if you don't see them anymore. I might do the same.

Yep, using component I get them as well. ESPN-HD and HBO quite a bit...called and they switched boxes. Still doing it, said another box to be sent over on Saturday. I've tried two different cables...if this (3rd) box switch doesn't solve it...I may have to de-Voom.

Inspector said:
Yep, using component I get them as well. ESPN-HD and HBO quite a bit...called and they switched boxes. Still doing it, said another box to be sent over on Saturday. I've tried two different cables...if this (3rd) box switch doesn't solve it...I may have to de-Voom.

I do not think this is an stb issue. It only started recently after the addition of ESPN channels and it was not immediately. Your 3rd stb might not solve the problem.

Sean,

Did you email Wilt about your blackouts on ESPN and HBO?

VOOM has generally been good at addressing issues in a timely fashion, when they're aware of them.

I haven't had any blackouts since the last software upgrade. I'm using DVI to a 720p projector with the Voom stb set on Auto.

Ken F said:
Sean,

Did you email Wilt about your blackouts on ESPN and HBO?

VOOM has generally been good at addressing issues in a timely fashion, when they're aware of them.

Yes, I haven't gotten an answer yet.

I am still having black outs on all my channels using DVI. However, since the hit it isn't nearly as bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts