"Black Screen"

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Is anyone else still experiencing "black screen" randomly when watching television? I notice it happens when using either component or DVI cables. Hopefully this s going to fixed with the next software release.

There are two different problems here:

1. You may get a steady black screen after switching channels. Presssing ChUp and ChDn usually takes care of this. This is definitely a bug in the STB software.

2. You may get a temporary black screen while watching a channel. This seems to happen on select channels only. (I see this often on HBO). This is likely to be an uplink/transmission issue. I don't think this is a bug in the software, as it seems to be channel-specific.

The only time I've noticed a black screen is when I'm looking in the menu's and return to full screen for a program, by using the back button or the watch button or the enter button to change to a particular program channel from the menu and this only happens occasionally...

I am also getting this...along with snow. I get it more then not when I am changing channels, but I do at times get it when simply watching something already in progress. I am getting a new voom box, from my serial number they are telling me its a version 2 and they have a 3rd generation box now. Wed morning ill know more....

Also how are you guys watching voom, over component, dvi, or dvi to hdmi!?

I am watching DVI to HDMI....thats when I started noticing this problem..

ill keep you posted :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)